Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Temperature Warning Screen Discovered!

So funny you guys posted this today.. I live in Tempe, AZ (very close to Scottsdale ) and I JUST got this screen today and googled it.. lol.

For those who've never got it, the phone won't do anything except emergency dialing while it's on, and from what I've read, i think it starts around 100 degrees F. There is a "too cold" temp as well, but I'm not sure if it displays a different screen or not. The phone was hot enough to burn my face had I used it, so if that gives you an idea, it's fairly lenient it seems. Maybe it's protecting me...

For those with the problem, I found that you can cup your mouth around the ipod connector and blow into the phone to cool it off relatively quickly. There isn't much ventilation room but I could feel a lot of hot air coming out of the headphone port. After a few minutes I was able to cool it down enough to get it working, though I had to restart the phone manually to "jumpstart" the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Tech View Post
    Hmm...I wonder if there are any apps that will show us the temperature then.
    Funnily enough, this was one of my first thoughts.. lol. "My iPhone knows what temperature it is??" I'm sure we could get the internal reading somehow, but it would probably be useless for what we'd want it for.. like your computer's CPU temp monitor. System Health monitoring applications only. Might be worth looking into though..
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 05-12-2009 at 11:46 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah, I think we need somebody like Saurik to see if this can be done

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

As an AT&T employee I have seen this screen once.. I was selling an 8gb 3G iPhone to a customer and as I was activating it... that screenshot came up... I was really confused because I had never seen that or even herd of that before.. (let alone I just opened the box and the phone was cool).

I had to put the phone in the back as a DOA (Dead On Arrival) and get another one for the customer.. who wasn't sure they wanted an iphone already..

I wish I had a screenshot to prove that it is real... oh well.

Donít sit next to a pool in Scottsdale Arizona when itís 104 degrees or your iphone will melt away! So how to fix it fast? I put the iPhone between 2 cold beers and it worked!
    cool, i was sitting by a pool in scottsdale with my iphone from 05/07-05/10.... what hotel was this kid at?

small world

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djames04 View Post
    As an AT&T employee I have seen this screen once.. I was selling an 8gb 3G iPhone to a customer and as I was activating it... that screenshot came up... I was really confused because I had never seen that or even herd of that before.. (let alone I just opened the box and the phone was cool).

I had to put the phone in the back as a DOA (Dead On Arrival) and get another one for the customer.. who wasn't sure they wanted an iphone already..

I wish I had a screenshot to prove that it is real... oh well.
    Sucks! I would have kept it, lol. jk

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had mine out in the Chesapeake Bay many times while fishing in the spring/summer and never had that problem and it was like 90 degrees out. Guess I may have just been reaching the peak of "Temperature Overload". I'll be sure to keep it in the cuddy and off the deck for now on. Sucks cause thats what I use as GPS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone keda51's Avatar
    Thanks

Had this happen on a 95 degree day in Florida. I only had it in the car for 20 minutes. Pretty scary to see!

I have actually seen this on 2.0...

Quote Originally Posted by Girrelephant Master View Post
    I have actually seen this on 2.0...
    Where else would you see it?

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Where else would you see it?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Confucious, you always make me lol!

Thanks
    Default Mine did that
    Forgot my phone in the car one day for a couple of hours. Went back and the screen came up with a message saying that or similar. Cooled it down in front of the air contitioner and it started working again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone should make a thermometer app
    *T*Mo**

never seen this screen but my phone has gotten really hot to the point where its burning my hand
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

the iphone is hot but come on

I was using mine at room temp and I got that temp warning. I was using it constantly though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

After I got my iPhone 4 this screen came up a couple times. I wound up returning the pjone because it had other issues. My replacement has been working great ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    It's definetly real here are the strings inside the springboard.strings file:

THERMAL_ALERT_STRING
    iPhone needs to cool down
    before you can use it.

There is also a file you can edit if you want to disable the alert:
    private\var\preferences\SystemConfiguration\OSTher malStatus.plist

I only have this file on my 3G not 2G

Yeah, My iPod Touch 4g says that the temperature is too high 24/7, and i was wondering how to get rid of that file, or if i even can? mind showing me?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123