+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Temperature Warning Screen Discovered!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yea i Got i seen it pop up on mine. I had it on the dash mount and i had the heater blasting. i roled down the window and cut
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea i Got i seen it pop up on mine. I had it on the dash mount and i had the heater blasting. i roled down the window and cut off the heat gave it a couple minutes and it was fine...i was freezing but my phone was ok lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have seen that before on my old 2g iphone when i left it on the dash board of my truck for 3 hours

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone know where the background picture for that is in the iphone? I want to make that my wallpaper

Thanks

Makes me wonder, is there one for the opposite extreme? "Your phone is an ice cube, it needs to thaw out before you can use it."

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hmm...I wonder if there are any apps that will show us the temperature then.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Green Apple
    Thanks
    my iPhone 3G's back melted in the car. had to get a new one, but i did see this screen. it didn't go away for some 40 minutes.
    -btung

i gotz this whole coding thing down

Thanks

I've never seen this warning. This is crazy!lol

What's Jailbreak? LonginottiFilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Well, ain't that a surprise...
    Hey everyone, if you remember my name, I'm the guy who got burned by my phone- It's funny that people still remember that! when I pulled it out of my pocket that morning, the screen was flickering, it may have displayed that screen but I will never know. If anyone has wondered, I've had 11 replacement phones since then! dead pixels, back cracking, memory problems... I can't wait for the next phone!

James

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Squid7085 View Post
    Makes me wonder, is there one for the opposite extreme? "Your phone is an ice cube, it needs to thaw out before you can use it."
    I stuck mine in the refrigerator once for a bit, all that happens is that it fucks up your installation. I had to restore and the battery hasn't been the same since

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have not seen this yet but wonder why I have not yet. I get some weird behavior on my phone when it is hot out especially when you try to hang up from a phone call and it don't... then I get at times no network connection... Today I hung up from talking to my husband all of a sudden I got the screen where it shows that you have to connect it to itunes.... and been getting a lot of dropped calls lately....

One time after hanging up from a phone call all of a sudden I got a black screen.... could not reboot the phone, plugged it into the charger it didn't do anything... ended up having to re due the phone.....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Tech View Post
    Hmm...I wonder if there are any apps that will show us the temperature then.
    That's what I was thinking! I knew that there is a temp sensor because it stops charging when the battery gets too hot but I never pushed it that far. Now I know that it can tell the difference between "hot" and "too hot," so I wonder if you can calibrate it and get a usable temperature... though I doubt it'll ever be useful for determining outer temps.

When tethering (registered PdaNet FTW), it gets hot and routinely stops charging, which is unfortunate because tethering really KILLS the battery. The battery icon will show a plug-shape as if it is fully charged but still plugged in, though the level is not full and will not increase (may, in fact, decrease significantly before charging begins again). A large battery/power level image is still shown instead of your wallpaper image.

When using an A2DP adapter with charge-through functionality it routinely does the same thing, even though the charge pins are connected directly through the device (no circuitry in between). The additional 80mW power draw + phone connection + WiFi/Bluetooth + iPod alone get it hot enough to stop charging. Heck, I've disabled WiFi & internal Bluetooth and it still does it.

I tested several iPhone 3Gs in both scenarios... not just mine.
    Last edited by CZroe; 05-10-2009 at 02:27 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

That's some interesting info there, thanks!

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mine did that this week when I was also at the pool. I cooled it down by taking it out of the case, putting it in the shade, then putting the towel over it and pressing my hand to the back for a minute or so.

Diffusion of heat into another object After about a minute, it was cool enough to just use my hand. Took all of 3-5 minutes to cool down to a temp where it could work again.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My phone decided to go swimming in a river in Swaziland and didn't like it much. So when i got it home i put it in front of a fan-heater. i bit too close clearly, cos i got this screen too... the heater worked tho... the phone is fine now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes this actually also happened to me about 2 months ago... i think the "iphone too cold" pendant exists too (although i've never seen that error...)

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Search this forum. It happened to me 9 months ago...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...u-can-use.html

Thanks

Default yes its real....
    this is so real it happenend to me last week i live in san fernando valley california it was about 101 degrees, went in to a medical marijuana clinic and came out and my phone also had that yellow warning thought sumthin was wrong with phone but about twenty minutes later it came back on...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sounds like it would be a cool temp app if someone can access the sensor...

Banned
    Thanks

I' have seen it too! (I used to work in a bakery)

Thanks

I never had my 3G get really hot but I remember my 2G getting realy hot when I spent a day in what I will call a "network fringe" area. I suppose because it kept searching for a signal, not only did the battery run down fast but it got extremely hot to the touch. It was also close to 100 degrees outside as well. I stuck it in a plastic zziplock and put it in a cooler for about 20 minutes and it cooled down. Never got any warning screens (not sure if the 2G had one) but logic told me that if the phone was that hot to the touch it was not a good thing.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.