+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Replacing Water Damaged iPhones for $199

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Ozzyman500 I personally would wait. Hopefully the new design won't have that damn plastic on it! You know after hearing all the horror stories about people dropping
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyman500 View Post
    I personally would wait. Hopefully the new design won't have that damn plastic on it!
    You know after hearing all the horror stories about people dropping their iphones , I went out and made sure this didn't happen to me . First I put it in a silicone cover then its in a leather holder that snaps shut . I haven't got any scratches on it yet . Sure its a little bulkier , but hey I just put down a lot of money on it and I want to keep it around a while . Another thing is I wont even take my phone into the bathroom while taking a shower to ensure it doesn't get water damaged .
    I am sure Apple saved millions by using plastic instead of some other material . I would prefer carbon or a composite with a unbreakable digitizer . Yeah like thats gonna happen .

What's Jailbreak? Avataris Media's Avatar
    Thanks

Id rather save the money and go for the new one hopefully appearing soon...and hopefully without another 2 year contract with AT&T.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What if you own a stolen 3G iPhone? Will they still replace it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    What if you own a stolen 3G iPhone? Will they still replace it?
    Only after you get out of prison....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    You know after hearing all the horror stories about people dropping their iphones , I went out and made sure this didn't happen to me . First I put it in a silicone cover then its in a leather holder that snaps shut . I haven't got any scratches on it yet . Sure its a little bulkier , but hey I just put down a lot of money on it and I want to keep it around a while . Another thing is I wont even take my phone into the bathroom while taking a shower to ensure it doesn't get water damaged .
    I am sure Apple saved millions by using plastic instead of some other material . I would prefer carbon or a composite with a unbreakable digitizer . Yeah like thats gonna happen .
    Sorry I had to laugh at this cause why would you take your phone into the bathroom while you're showering? Do you answer the phone while you in the shower if you had a normal phone? IDK might just be me but I'll just call a person back after I get out of the shower.

Thanks

Think they would mind if you're on T-Mobile or not? =]

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

i have an iphone 3G and it has absolutely NO SCRATCHES!! considering this is my 2nd iphone when i got it replaced, i put an iphone skin on the back of it, to protect it from getting scratches on the back, then i bought a screen protector to protect the screen, and then my friend hooked me up with a free leather slider case for free. i have had my iphone for almost a year now and my friends are still jealous that my iphone has no scratches on it. but considering that the new iphone is coming out, i am considering of buy the new iphone (i should probably pay my visa bill first, its over $2000 )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Think they would mind if you're on T-Mobile or not? =]
    Considering that you have to extend your AT&T contract to get this....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Considering that you have to extend your AT&T contract to get this....
    Sorry but i have not seen a definite "yes you have to extend your contract". Or can I just not read.

"the new policy pertains to out-of-warranty incidents that would normally require the purchase of a new phone,
    but does so at the expense of triggering an extention of the owner’s two-year AT&T wireless service contract."

"Customers who trade-in their water damaged phones will be given a factory refurbished model -- not a new iPhone -- and can then transfer the SIM card from their damaged handset into the refurbished device."

I am reading "Give me 199 buckaruus and heres your phone...oh need me to put that SIM in for you...sure here you go.."

Can Apple Store see your account with AT&T?

Thanks

I read that as 'water damaged phones being an
    out-of-warranty incidents that would normally require the purchase of a new phone
    and therefore
    triggering an extention of the owner’s two-year AT&T wireless service contract.
    But I could be wrong.

I believe Apple stores can see your account with AT&T as they work in partnersship, but again, I could be wrong.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12