Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 Beta 4 "official" unofficial jailbreak is released

i tihnk ill wait for the official release, it still has a few bugs here and there and obvisouly no doubteven with the official release itll have bugs...

problem solved ?!?!?!

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrif View Post
    Warning: iPhone firmware 3.0 does NOT work with SwirlyMMS 1.0 or 2.0! (at least for me anyway...)
    Installing and running SwirlyMMS, it works fine... Until you reboot...
    The iPhone will go into an infinite loop and freeze on the boot screen.
    You will then have to put your iPhone into recovery mode and then restore it... which is what I'm doing as of right now (3rd time of doing this)
    Mine is exactly the same. Mine however does it after any download regardless what it is. I have to do a restore. I can't ssh during the freeze. Is there something i'm missing: a download, an app that needs to be added?
    Last edited by scooter6497; 05-05-2009 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by shabz_de_don View Post
    i tihnk ill wait for the official release, it still has a few bugs here and there and obvisouly no doubteven with the official release itll have bugs...

problem solved ?!?!?!

i'm with you, i got everything necessary to get it crackin but lookin at all these threads and posts about this and that not working and kinda workin or do this and it'll work, got me really just wanting to be patient for the official release,honestly i really hate restoring!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ceeboski For This Useful Post:

shabz_de_don (05-05-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrif View Post
    Warning: iPhone firmware 3.0 does NOT work with SwirlyMMS 1.0 or 2.0! (at least for me anyway...)
    Installing and running SwirlyMMS, it works fine... Until you reboot...
    The iPhone will go into an infinite loop and freeze on the boot screen.
    You will then have to put your iPhone into recovery mode and then restore it... which is what I'm doing as of right now (3rd time of doing this)
    Its not on a infi loop it just freezes one logo screen

Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post
    Used from another site:

Just replace beta 4 with what says 3. I've used this method for all the betas so far.

As for Iutilities, reinstall it and delete "updater.exe". You should be good to go.
    thx i thanked you

and if i wanna go back to 2.2 or whatever can i just restore thru itunes and it should work?

Quote Originally Posted by google.com View Post
    thx i thanked you

and if i wanna go back to 2.2 or whatever can i just restore thru itunes and it should work?
    Yes it should work but you might get an error. If you do just run quickpwn for that specific firmware and iphone should activate back on 2.0+

Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post
    Yes it should work but you might get an error. If you do just run quickpwn for that specific firmware and iphone should activate back on 2.0+
    aight cool
    i tried to update but i got a 10 error but ima try to do that DFU thing that someone posted a few pages back

sorry for the stupid question i have updated my iphone 3g with 3.0 beta 4 now i want to activate with my carrier settings of india Airtel how could i do this
    thanks in advance waiting for reply

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^you need to find an ipcc for your carrier and then edit the settings to match your current ones. You need to also add a few boolean values to enable mms and tethering. You can use my AT&T one as an example. Its in the MMS & Tethering thread in my signature.

man **** 3.0
    i keep getting the error 10 thingy
    even in dfu mode

man **** 3.0
    i keep getting the error 10 thingy
    even in dfu mode
    You got the new iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by seriousc View Post
    You got the new iTunes?
    no cause im not on a dev account

no cause im not on a dev account
    And you wonder why you are having problems?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Anyone having issues with certain app store apps crashing to the springboard on 3.0? I dont quite get it and im curious about something.. With the thousands and thousands of apps on the appstore why would some work and some not on the newer firmwares? I dont imagine all those apps would need updates... Anyone willing to explain to me?? Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    And you wonder why you are having problems?
    i am an idiot
    im downloading and installing it now

Quote Originally Posted by bschucher View Post
    Anyone having issues with certain app store apps crashing to the springboard on 3.0? I dont quite get it and im curious about something.. With the thousands and thousands of apps on the appstore why would some work and some not on the newer firmwares? I dont imagine all those apps would need updates... Anyone willing to explain to me?? Thanks...
    Different developers make their own apps individually from one another. One developer might have code in their app that works fine in 3.0 and doesn't cause any problems, while another developer might have different code that can cause a few problems in 3.0. So some developers might have to update their apps while others will not have to.

Element
    ================================================

================================================

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345