+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Failing to Pay, Devs Threatening Lawsuit

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple needs to re-evaluate their payment process to App Store devs. Apple has been paying late and more recently the numbers of devs that are not getting paid at all
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

Default Apple Failing to Pay, Devs Threatening Lawsuit
    Apple needs to re-evaluate their payment process to App Store devs. Apple has been paying late and more recently the numbers of devs that are not getting paid at all is on the rise. According to Apple's contract with iPhone developers who are selling their apps on the App Store

Upon collection of any amounts from any end-user as the price for any Licensed Application
    delivered to that end-user hereunder, Apple shall deduct the full amount of its commission with respect to that Licensed Application, and any taxes collected by Apple under Section 3.2 hereof, and shall remit to You, or issue a credit in Your favor, as the case may be, the remainder of those prices on a monthly basis, no later than forty-five (45) days following the close of the month in which that amount was received by Apple. Each remittance by Apple under this Section 3.5 shall be accompanied by a sales report in sufficient detail to permit You to verify the accuracy and completeness of the amount remitted by Apple. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Apple shall be entitled to a commission, in accordance with this Section 3.5 on the delivery of any Licensed Application to any end-user, even if Apple is unable to collect the price for that Licensed Application from that end-user . . .
    Many developers have started actively discussing these issues on the iphonedevsdk forums and it appears that Apple's failure to hold up their end of the bargain and pay is fairly wide spread. It is not clear yet whether any or all of these developers will follow things all the way through and file a lawsuit against Apple but one thing is for certain: Apple needs to get their act together and make things good with the developers creating applications that make Apple the big $$$$$$$.

[via techcrunch]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Amen! That's pretty awful!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

And we thought Apple was any different than Microsoft...I guess when you get popular it gives the right to play the D-Bag card...I would be pissed as well...Good luck to them..

Thanks

Wow! This kinda sucks... Apple is supposed to be better than that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thats Apple being Apple!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When they realized just how big the App Store was going to get after the first couple months they should have hired sufficient staff in their accounting dept to make sure everything got paid on time. They are most likely just so buried in paperwork they can't keep up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    When they realized just how big the App Store was going to get after the first couple months they should have hired sufficient staff in their accounting dept to make sure everything got paid on time. They are most likely just so buried in paperwork they can't keep up.
    Agreed... and who wouldn't wanna work for Apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    i wouldnt, especially now that i know they wont pay me when i need to be
    Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    i wouldnt, especially now that i know they wont pay me when i need to be

Good Point! They'd have to pay us with macbook pro's.lol

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I know people who work for Apple and they are a great company. Great pay scale, awesome fringe benefits, happy working environment. I saw the blueprints for a corporate office the built here in Austin and it was sweet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol xD
    Anyway, I would never have expected something like that from Apple.
    If it was me, i would have paid everyone on a set date i.e. 1st day of every month or every three months or what ever.
    That way they could have coded something which wouldnt need "humans" to take care of this crap.
    Damn. :/

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    well, after reading this, I am not so sure I would...

I do find it silly that people are saying things like "I can't believe this... from Apple?" People, Apple isn't God, it is another company with its own agendas and shortcomings. Way too many people have idolized this company. It really needs to stop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 532 Posts

Just make a personal visit and B*** *** F*** outta them, mmm the sounds of bones breaking is like munching on your favorite bag of chips (pleasure).....CRUNCH CRUNCH.. Wouldn't care how their legal team was , every apple person has to leave their home , place of employment , get into their car , and so on ..... pssst hey APPLE Pay Up !! ...it's not a threat its free advice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to H0CKEY For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (05-02-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

I was told by apple to keep my job confidential. lol They even made me sign a contract, anyways I left that sorry excuse of a company. They still owe me a paycheck too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H0CKEY View Post
    Just make a personal visit and B*** *** F*** outta them, mmm the sounds of bones breaking is like munching on your favorite bag of chips (pleasure).....CRUNCH CRUNCH.. Wouldn't care how their legal team was , every apple person has to leave their home , place of employment , get into their car , and so on ..... pssst hey APPLE Pay Up !! ...it's not a threat its free advice.
    WTF...?

Am I the ONLY person who did not understand a single word of that sentence...?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I know people who work for Apple and they are a great company. Great pay scale, awesome fringe benefits, happy working environment. I saw the blueprints for a corporate office the built here in Austin and it was sweet!

I need a job there, I live right around the corner.

Thanks

it is about time that Steve Jobs returns.....everything is going out of hand at Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

there are so many developers ,it takes time to pay everybody ,the payment process takes longer then expected,so give apple a break ,but i do say that apple has to let people know ,they should open up a new department and call it the " response department" lol...

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao ^^

Actually I'd rather work for Microsoft, more money!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H0CKEY View Post
    Er.... Did you just say something about eating their bones?

:backs away slowly:
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh