+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Failing to Pay, Devs Threatening Lawsuit

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For more info on this subject... We've already heard about the developers upset about late or missing payments from Apple. Now TechCrunch reports that that isn't the worst of it,
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

For more info on this subject...

We've already heard about the developers upset about late or missing payments from Apple. Now TechCrunch reports that that isn't the worst of it, and some developers are even threatening legal action. Many of the complaints on the developer forums (1,2) paint a pretty ugly picture of how Apple is treating their developers.
    One particularly serious case involves a developer who hasn't received a single payment from Apple since November 2009. An App Store finance team even accused his multiple email requests as "bordering on harassment," claiming that the reason they hadn't gotten to him yet was because of all the other emails they've been getting.

Another developer who has been waiting since September says Apple currently owes him $7000.
    Now, we know it's one thing for Apple to be having problems with this, but what is perhaps the most disturbing part about the situation is that despite the bombarding of complaints and negative publicity it has generated, Apple appears to be doing nothing about it, nor even trying to look like they're fixing it.
    It's saddening to see Apple treating developers in this way. Based on the forum posts, they are pushing many of them away to other platforms.

Developers Threaten Legal Action Against Apple For Missed App Store Payments | iPhone Alley

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Apple is a fruit and it gets Rotten...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slayer For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (05-02-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Why do businesses do crap like this? They have to always find away to mess something good up. This is going to hurt them in the long run because developers aren't going to want to deal with this crap.

Apple is getting too comfortable watching the money come in to care about the satisfaction of the little man trying to make some money.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwilcox09 View Post
    And we thought Apple was any different than Microsoft...I guess when you get popular it gives the right to play the D-Bag card...I would be pissed as well...Good luck to them..
    Lol what? If anything apple is worse than M$. Slandering the PC name with lame commercials that aren't true. A PC beats a mac any day for half the price. Apple have always been morons when it comes to running a business.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive been using an apples for over 12 years or more. and they have changed over the years... when they had next to nothing in market share they cared more about the customer but as they grew the caring went out the window.. i guess all companies go through this once they start to see the $$$$. apple, microsoft.. they are all the same remember they both came from the same seed.... think about it..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jesus people, everyone needs to relax. Ya, its irresponsible that Apple isn't keeping up with app-store compensation. However, we all know the app-store is exploding with apps, and Apple probably doesn't have the manpower to handle all of the compensation requests. But c'mon people, what do you guys expect, Apple to hire tens or hundreds of new accounting employees overnight? It takes time, and Apple is definitely not a company to hire on a whim, trust me, I know. And if you people saw this headline and are already ready to jump ship, go ahead, put your iphone and your mac on eBay and buy a Dell and some POS LG phone, I'm sure you'll be much happier. Gimme a break.

And for people saying 'OMG Apple has changed so much. They were much better when they controlled 1% of the market!', OBVIOUSLY, they're much bigger now, and millions more customers inevitably leads to millions more problems. Apple sure isn't perfect, but they still deserve plenty of credit. Think for 2 seconds before you post and waste everybody's time spreading your stupidity.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    well, after reading this, I am not so sure I would...

I do find it silly that people are saying things like "I can't believe this... from Apple?" People, Apple isn't God, it is another company with its own agendas and shortcomings. Way too many people have idolized this company. It really needs to stop.
    So, this story is the deal breaker between you accepting or rejecting a job offer from Apple? You do know that no company pays all their bills within the terms agreed, right?
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    So, this story is the deal breaker between you accepting or rejecting a job offer from Apple? You do know that no company pays all their bills within the terms agreed, right?
    Paying a bill and paying a contractor are two different things I think.
    Let's face it, Apple is just keeping 100% of the profit from the sales of apps and screwing over the developers. The more profit, the more their share prices will go up, the better it's going to look on their end of quarter review.

They will do it until they are legally forced otherwise, and hopefully soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so the app store is exploding with apps... itunes is exploding with music and i have never heard apple not paying the record labels on time for music sold in iTunes... i am a mac engineer by trade, i love apple products like the next person, but right is right and wrong is wrong... to anyone saying its not apples fault,, i say this if it was your money you were waiting on and needed it to lets say pay a mortgage payment or some other important task, you would be pissed too..

i used to not understand when people called other people apple fanboys but i do now.. lol

next time ill think for 3 seconds... lol what are you like 17...?
    Last edited by maconsultant; 05-03-2009 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    hasn't received a single payment from Apple since November 2009.
    It can't be that bad if they are paying 6 months in advance

Is there no official news from Apple on this? Something along the line of ' we screwed up but are working on fixing it' would probably go a long way to helping.

Hopefully they'll sort it out soon, it's in no ones interest to let this continue.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maconsultant View Post
    ok so the app store is exploding with apps... itunes is exploding with music and i have never heard apple not paying the record labels on time for music sold in iTunes...
    Yes, cos Universal aren't really gonna blog that Apple is a couple of week's with a royalty payment, are they?
    To live, you have to lie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i work for them.... try again... i would know if they are late and trust me they are not late with payments... i think developers need to form a union..

local 0101
    Last edited by maconsultant; 05-03-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default disappointed.
    I'm so disappointed in Apple. They were unprepared and definitely unprofessional. I expected more from them. tsk tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by maconsultant View Post
    i work for them.... try again... i would know if they are late and trust me they are not late with payments... i think developers need to form a union..

local 0101
    Great idea! I'm surprised developers haven't yet come together in that kind of cohesive manner!
    Last edited by iAppleJuice; 05-03-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iAppleJuice View Post
    I'm so disappointed in Apple. They were unprepared and definitely unprofessional. I expected more from them. tsk tsk.

Great idea! I'm surprised developers haven't yet come together in that kind of cohesive manner!
    That's because you apparently have no idea how unions work...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like the "credit in your name" language pretty much gets them out of specific payment on the 45 days clause. One developer needs to contact a law firm and see if they'll take a class action on this on a contingency fee.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    When they realized just how big the App Store was going to get after the first couple months they should have hired sufficient staff in their accounting dept to make sure everything got paid on time. They are most likely just so buried in paperwork they can't keep up.
    I'm chalking it up to that too. They're dealing with thousands of devs, maybe hundreds of thousands, there's no way they could've hired enough people initially to handle that. Hiring lots of good honest people takes time. I'm sure they're scrambling to fix this

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When Apple runs out of Apples they don't even wanna give their lemons up. That's Apple for you guys. Cheap bastards and ******* manipulating customers' rights to get rich quick. They want to see a future where they will be included in and make it innovative but they want to manipulate the community of the users of their own creation in which we paid full price to? It costs less to make a single product then for us to purchase it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12