Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Grip - Growl for iPhone

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I see why now, it kept crashing into Safe Mode.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Was the repository yanked? Cydia can't validate the url.

The repo http://cydia.ipitg.net has GriP in it. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about it crashing all the time, GriP has never crashed for me.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    that repo is not working for me. i tried with cydia in front and without.

cydia says it's not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Slocko View Post
    that repo is not working for me. i tried with cydia in front and without.

cydia says it's not valid.
    I'm not sure what is going wrong for you. I just removed the repo from my iTouch and added it again without any problems. Make sure you type the repo exactly: http://cydia.ipitg.net
    Last edited by lightmaster; 07-09-2009 at 01:10 PM.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Are you sure it's not Cydia? Cydia is quite buggy if you have sources which are offline or having problems. You usually get the connection timed out error message or Cydia quitting if that's the case, if it does, don't go into Cydia for a few minutes-hours until it fixes itself.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Green Apple
    Thanks
    got it added. you won't believe it. the underline on the url made the "g" look like a "q". I decided to hover the link and then I clearly saw it was a "g".

thxs guys for making me take another look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slocko View Post
    got it added. you won't believe it. the underline on the url made the "g" look like a "q". I decided to hover the link and then I clearly saw it was a "g".

thxs guys for making me take another look at it.
    Haha, that's funny. I'm glad you figured out what was going wrong for you. For anyone else having problems adding my repo, its http:// cydia.ipitg.net (remove the space after "http://").

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Crashes into safe mode for me when I get notifications. Booo!

Growl Client + Prowl works great at the moment.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 07-11-2009 at 07:33 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Crashes into safe mode for me when I get notifications. Booo!

Growl Client + Prowl works great at the moment.
    This has been fixed with a patch that's not part of the deb, see comment 14 (ignore the home button part, that was fixed in .11o):

Issue 129 - networkpx - GriP Fake Push Notification causes Home button to be unresponsive - Google Code

or if you trust me, here's the file:

http://networkpx.googlecode.com/issu...fication.dylib

Add.

yep, it´s working fine with that dlib

there´s a new version out...

also, check this theme

MacThemes Forum / [GriP Theme] Double Height Status Bar

I've updated GRiP in my Cydia repo. The URL is http:// cydia.ipitg.net (remove the space after "http://"). The new version is: 0.1-11p.

maybe you should start hosting DHSB theme too

Quote Originally Posted by rwin84 View Post
    Thats a great idea. I use elert for my emails which works very similiarly. i love it. elert is the only thing worth a crap on that "rock your phone" app store (its free)

Cracking theme mate, what is it and where do i get it?

Quote Originally Posted by ares07 View Post
    maybe you should start hosting DHSB theme too
    Yes, it would be great if you could host the DHSB theme too!

Quote Originally Posted by csrx View Post
    Yes, it would be great if you could host the DHSB theme too!
    Both GRiP and the DHSB GRiP theme can be downloaded from my Cydia repo now. The URL for the repo is http:// cydia.ipitg.net (remove the space after http://).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

userwag (07-31-2009)

GriP & GriPGRIP 0.1-11q Released (still BETA)

My request to lightmaster: please update the version on the repo 0.1-11p to this new version 0.1-11q, so the install process can be from cydia and no SSH.

if this info is useful to you, please click the THANKS button.

UPDATE info from the Developer:

Starting from this version, Memory Watcher will not be included in GriP. Instead, it will be moved to a new package, "GriP Really Impressive Pack" (GriPGRIP). The distinction is that, GriP will only contains the most popular extensions, i.e.

* Mail
    * Push notification
    * SMS (by xshad0w),

the 2 themes, Default and Double Height Status Bar (also by xshad0w), and 3 modal table themes, Default, HUD and Translucent Black (I may remove the last one too). On the other hand, GriPGRIP is a collection of all other stuff that will utilize GriP, like calendar events, remote Growl notifications, themes, etc. (The distinction is because GriP is growing to 1 MiB pretty soon. I want to keep the size down.)

Developer original Wiki is hare:

GriP - networkpx - Users' and Developers' guide to GriP ? Growl for iPhone. - Project Hosting on Google Code

Download is hare

Downloads - networkpx - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Last edited by userwag; 07-31-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by userwag View Post
    GriP & GriPGRIP 0.1-11q Released (still BETA)

My request to lightmaster: please update the version on the repo 0.1-11p to this new version 0.1-11q, so the install process can be from cydia and no SSH.

if this info is useful to you, please click the THANKS button.

UPDATE info from the Developer:

Starting from this version, Memory Watcher will not be included in GriP. Instead, it will be moved to a new package, "GriP Really Impressive Pack" (GriPGRIP). The distinction is that, GriP will only contains the most popular extensions, i.e.

* Mail
    * Push notification
    * SMS (by xshad0w),

the 2 themes, Default and Double Height Status Bar (also by xshad0w), and 3 modal table themes, Default, HUD and Translucent Black (I may remove the last one too). On the other hand, GriPGRIP is a collection of all other stuff that will utilize GriP, like calendar events, remote Growl notifications, themes, etc. (The distinction is because GriP is growing to 1 MiB pretty soon. I want to keep the size down.)

Developer original Wiki is hare:

GriP - networkpx - Users' and Developers' guide to GriP ? Growl for iPhone. - Project Hosting on Google Code

Download is hare

Downloads - networkpx - Project Hosting on Google Code
    I've now updated my Cydia repo (http:// cydia.ipitg.net) to include the latest version of GriP and GripGRIP.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast