Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Two weeks after iPhone firmware 3.0 beta 3 Apple has released iPhone 3.0 beta 4 (7a300g) to those participating in the iPhone Developer Program . So far what's new in...
04-28-2009, 10:07 PM #1
iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 and iTunes 8.2 Pre-Release.
Two weeks after iPhone firmware 3.0 beta 3 Apple has released iPhone 3.0 beta 4 (7a300g) to those participating in the iPhone Developer Program. So far what's new in this latest beta is the Store settings pane is now functioning. Once you are signed into your iTunes account you can edit your payment settings. Will update this thread as more info from beta 4 comes in.
- iTunes 8.1.1 restores beta 4 firmware just fine . . . well until the end. Nice error 10. Installing iTunes 8.2 and restoring on beta 4 works fine.
- After you take a pic you have the option of re-taking.
- While playing shows if you are connected via some bluetooth (image via macrumors)
- Tethering already enabled without patching (possibly only if you had it enabled before restoring?). I can't confirm this with my phone. What I can confirm is after loading the hack along with my network update for AT&T tethering does work fine on beta 4.
- Error 3004 probably means iTunes can't connect to Apple servers to verify you have a dev account. Open port 8080 on your router.
- New iTunes shows how much time remaining to restore backup.
- New iTunes syncs voice memos.
- If you get the pink screen of death try try again to restore via iTunes 8.2. It should work eventually (hopefully). A reboot might solve that too.
- iTunes 8.2 for windows enables usb tethering (even compatible with beta 3)
- Copy paste now works in the calculator.
iTunes 8.2 was also pre-released. Now iTunes checks that you are a registered developer before updating your iPhone. Macrumors is reporting that iTunes 8.2 carries Blue-ray references to Gracenote that could suggest that itunes might support Blueray reading.
thanks everyone who sent this in
04-28-2009, 10:08 PM #2
04-28-2009, 10:21 PM #3
so what do we do if we are on a dev's list?
04-28-2009, 10:22 PM #4
Yea, same question
04-28-2009, 10:26 PM #5
04-28-2009, 10:28 PM #6
04-28-2009, 10:31 PM #7
I just was wondering bout the being a registered developer, I have the beta 4 just gotta go find the itunes
04-28-2009, 10:32 PM #8
I haven't been on irc in a week or so...thanks though
04-28-2009, 10:51 PM #9
I have everything for anyone who wants to be on beta 4, including registration! Just drop me a PM.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:
alek (04-29-2009), chrisj979 (04-29-2009), concord (04-29-2009), CrooKid (04-29-2009), CSquare93 (05-03-2009), darrynjb (04-29-2009), dd721 (05-01-2009), eckokid116 (04-29-2009), HighTymes (04-29-2009), hoppy1028 (04-29-2009), iPhoneman2K (04-29-2009), kingable (04-30-2009), KingRedmer (04-29-2009), mad102190 (04-29-2009), nick.newey (04-29-2009), ska8r41 (04-29-2009), srosemary8863 (04-29-2009), stalli_ker (04-29-2009), Svensk (04-28-2009), t0n_jo (04-30-2009), tonystarks732 (04-29-2009), wangage (05-06-2009), ~Steve Jobs~ (04-29-2009)
04-28-2009, 10:52 PM #10
So this is only for Dev or for everyone? If only for Dev, how can others use it?
04-28-2009, 10:55 PM #11
Cool anything new with the new beta 4?
04-28-2009, 10:59 PM #12
04-28-2009, 11:02 PM #13
04-28-2009, 11:07 PM #14
04-28-2009, 11:38 PM #15
Sync and backup takes forever in b4
04-28-2009, 11:45 PM #16
arg i cant get itunes to install it just wont run the exe.... any help or a mirror from another developer would be great please pm me!!!
04-28-2009, 11:46 PM #17
I got everything working again including 3g iphone, 1g iphone, 2g ipod, 1g ipod. itunes 8.2 for windows. sorry no mac yet.
04-28-2009, 11:49 PM #18
Thanks boss for your information
04-29-2009, 12:01 AM #19
just got done doing my phone.....
04-29-2009, 12:11 AM #20
Just got done doing my 3G it is working great backups did not take long for me and my Logitech Freepulse Bluetooth headphones work awesome now I can go to the gym with these things and not have to take that dumb little logitech reciever now its just my iPhone and the headphones...Sickness everything also seems smoother in beta 4!