+ Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 and iTunes 8.2 Pre-Release.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apps won't sync. Is it just me?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Apps won't sync. Is it just me?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

are you jailbroken?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone know where another link to beta 4 is, just incase ive got a corrupt 1. got mine off Demonoid and mininova

just keeps saying "firmware file is not compatible"
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys. Yes that was actually tethered. I don't have Rogers cable for home Internet, I have Telus ADSL. And Rogers does not offer home service here on Vancouver island. It is confusing, but that's what I got.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doan_1 View Post
    Hey guys. Yes that was actually tethered. I don't have Rogers cable for home Internet, I have Telus ADSL. And Rogers does not offer home service here on Vancouver island. It is confusing, but that's what I got.
    It is confusing, not what I'd expect. Thanks for clearing that up though.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    are you jailbroken?
    Yes. Why?

Thanks
    after you got the pink screen did you force a hard reboot?
    I know I rebooted the phone and the PC, I'm not sure if I did a hard reboot on the phone (I was very sleepy), I thinking I did but I'll try it again.

EDIT: I just tried it and did a hard reboot, 3 times, and still doesn't work. Maybe I got a bad copy...

Edit 2: I got a new version from, and that worked just fine. Working on enabling tethering and MMS now.

Edit 3: MMS options is gone from the Messages app, I verified that I'm using the beta 4. I did update the ipcc file, could this cause the MMS to disapear, if the ipcc file was old?

Last edit: I'm not liking beta 4. As I mentioned before, the MMS option os gone from the SMS application and now when I get an SMS the alert is back to just OK, no more View or Close options. This is a step back.
    Last edited by wisecat74; 04-30-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks

If u got it from a torrent, it could be crap. Has happened to alot of people

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Any ideas why I can't sync my apps? It acts as thought it is syncing them but they don;t show up on the Springboard at all. Didn't have this trouble with beta 3. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does the iutilities activation method work with beta 4, because im not registered but want to upgrade.

Thanks

@debennett

did u have them in a category before? They could be poofed! Enable restrictions then disable in settings app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debennett2 View Post
    Yes. Why?
    @debennett

did u have them in a category before? They could be poofed! Enable restrictions then disable in settings app
    I wish I had categories..as far as I know it does not work in beta 3. Regardless, I fixed rthe issue by downloading one of the missing apps from the app store via the phone and then once I had to put in my username and password for the itunes store , it allowed me to sync on the PC.

Thanks for the help though!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone noticed that iTunes 8.2 really messes up the ID3 tags (I think that's what they're called) on TV Shows? When I try to set the season number box, it acts as the Episode number and the Episode number box doesn't do anything. Has anyone else had this problem?
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Okay, I got the pink screen of death 3 times, I'll attempt re-installing beta 3 now.

Seems as if all went well with the beta 3 re-install.
    Last edited by Micara57; 04-30-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It's only impossible if you quit.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wisecat74 View Post
    I just tried to install Beta 4 like 10 times and everytime I got the pink screen of death. I even upgrated iTunes to the pre-release 8.2 and rebooted my Vista PC. Restoring to Beta 3 seems to work Ok. Anybody has any idea as of why this isn't working?

I was having that problem too. What worked for me was unistall itunes. Install 8.1.1, then the beta 4. When it ends it will say you need itunes 8.2 to activate your iphone. Install 8.2 and your iphone will activate, no more pink screen of death!

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post
    Okay, I got the pink screen of death 3 times, I'll attempt re-installing beta 3 now.

Try this also. You will no longer get the Pink screen of death.
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 04-30-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray Fox For This Useful Post:

wisecat74 (05-01-2009)

Thanks

I keep getting this message when upgrading, this is the third time trying, I restarted my computer after the first one, after the second try I downloaded a firmware from a different source. My phone isn't going into DFU mode either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 and iTunes 8.2 Pre-Release.-picture-1.png  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jballa9 View Post
    I keep getting this message when upgrading, this is the third time trying, I restarted my computer after the first one, after the second try I downloaded a firmware from a different source. My phone isn't going into DFU mode either.
    Do you have admin rights on the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post

Try Gray Fox's method. Beta 3 will expire 10 days after the release of B4 so you do need to upgrade.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

awesome, looks like Grey Fox's method is working for me. I didn't downgrade back to beta 3, just downgraded my iTunes to 8.1, installed beta 4, then upgraded to 8.2, I'm restoring my phone from the backup right now, and it says it is activated. Thanks for the method Grey Fox, and thanks confucious for steering me down the right path!

Thanks

Glad you got it working, but he's American so can't spell grey

Thanks

ha, I didn't even notice that, but hey, I'm only american too, haha