Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon and Apple Working For LTE iPhone in 2010? iPhone Lite? Media Pad?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Default Verizon and Apple Working For LTE iPhone in 2010? iPhone Lite? Media Pad?

According to a report by USA Today, "Verizon (VZ) and Apple (AAPL) are discussing the possible development of an iPhone for Verizon, with the goal of introducing it next year, people familiar with the situation say." This comes as a bit of a shock after Apple COO Tim Cook pretty much shot down the possibility of an iPhone ever hitting CDMA when he said:

We view AT&T as a very good partner, the best wireless provider in the U.S. Very happy to do business with them. They have done a good job with the iPhone. We have no plans to change it. Technically, Verizon is on CDMA. We decided to focus on one phone for the entire world, which means you have to go down the GSM route. CDMA doesn't have a life after a certain point in time
    Tim Cook's words made it seem pretty clear the Apple and Verzion didn't have any future together. Sure CDMA is aging and not where Apple wants to go in the future but what about LTE? LTE is the future of mobile phone communications here in the US and according to a report on unwired Verizon will have full LTE deployment to their 80 million customers by 2010. There are already LTE trials by Verizon going on in the US and so far the top speeds have been a blazing fast 60 Mbps. If I were Apple I would be interested in selling a 60 Mbps iPhone.

Might as well add the Businessweek apparently thinks Apple and Verizon are going to be releasing an iPhone Lite and Media Pa.

One device is a smaller, less expensive calling device described by a person who has seen it as an "iPhone lite." The other is a media pad that would let users listen to music, view photos, and watch high-definition videos, the person says. It would place calls over a Wi-Fi connection. One of these devices may be introduced as early as this summer, one person says.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thats going to be 70 dollars a month for unlimited internet aside from the plan i bet

Thanks

thats going to be 70 dollars a month for unlimited internet aside from the plan i bet
    it better not

That would be cool (iphone on Verizon), AT&T needs to get on the move with their network speeds and expanded 3g coverage. Just my thoughts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iancdp View Post
    +1

but who really needs 60mps on a freakin phone.. i mean come on

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't see it happening with Verizon always insisiting on useing their piece of **** GUI... it makes me hate every phone that runs it. Apple's good at GUI very good, I don't see them letting Verizon slowing down and ruining the experience

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hope this is false.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default ummm naaaahhhhhhhhh!
    Idk about verizon coming to the iphone. Only thing that is tempting is the network speed. Im ok with ATT service just that 3g is getting worse for me lol. Isnt ATT suppose to tripple the internet browsing speed in june? I had verizon and i have to say the service is awesome! the downfall is that it was tooo expensiveeee. Att on the other hand is perfect for me. so ill stick wit it. your thoughts?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate Verizon, their service sucks, they always have to put their ugly GUI on every phone, and they already said no to iPhone, if i were Apple i would just say "nope you had your chance "
    iLive an iLife

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    I hate Verizon, their service sucks, they always have to put their ugly GUI on every phone, and they already said no to iPhone, if i were Apple i would just say "nope you had your chance "
    +1 ugly worthless GUI

Thanks

weeeaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Thanks

^^^^^ dude named himself steve jobs wtf

Quote Originally Posted by lilzone View Post
    That would be cool (iphone on Verizon), AT&T needs to get on the move with their network speeds and expanded 3g coverage. Just my thoughts.
    where in WI are you? im in Green Bay and we aint got 3G...i think madison is the only place in WI with it..they need to excpand..RIGHT NOW
    Last edited by Magnum; 04-27-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cool. More people upset about this possibility. :]
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0ws View Post
    I don't see it happening with Verizon always insisiting on useing their piece of **** GUI... it makes me hate every phone that runs it. Apple's good at GUI very good, I don't see them letting Verizon slowing down and ruining the experience
    agreed

If Verizon gets the iPhone next year I'm going to have to get rid of mine. Everyone will have an iPhone

Default "Apple" Not A Good Idea
    The iPhone would be in 3G Dead Zone with Verizon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    If Verizon gets the iPhone next year I'm going to have to get rid of mine. Everyone will have an iPhone
    not if apple lets verizon B!tcH slap the GUI...then ill keep ATT version and laugh at losers who got da ugly verizon hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by eatjello View Post
    +1

but who really needs 60mps on a freakin phone.. i mean come on
    but if this tech succeeds, then it could open up a possibility of netbooks and laptops not having to rely on broadband of T1~ ever again.
    -btung

i gotz this whole coding thing down

every one ipods, and iphones dude. Before i moved back to GA i was in miami and holy **** EVERYONE has an iphone so its no different. Personaly ive been dieing to get away from apple for a long time. Ever sence the attempted to make jailbreaking illegal ALTHOUGH ******* APPLE ENGINEERS have jailbroken phones. So honestly this is like gay marriage if more people want in on the missery of iphone GREAT let um. Because as soon as somthing better come out wich belive apple was fisrt but have you seen the snapdragon platform HOLYSHIT iphone has nothing on that and i dont meen the current iphone i meen the furture iphones, I have a friend who is a leader at apple and to be brutaly honest and i know some of you dont wanna hear this. but the likes of nvideia and other pc on a chip platforms are going to blow iphone EVEN futrue iphones away, WHY well IPHONE says it all its a phone that happens to act as a computer and the recent concepts focus more on the computer part but other companies have been making concept that could be put into production tommarow if wanted, of computers that happent to act as phones and if you notice how sloppy apple is with 3rd parties well other companies arent this way

21. The Following User Says Thank You to silent revolt For This Useful Post:

r81gsr95 (04-28-2009)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast