Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon and Apple Working For LTE iPhone in 2010? iPhone Lite? Media Pad?

i hope verizon doesnt get the iphone in 2010

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    ^^^^^ dude named himself steve jobs wtf

where in WI are you? im in Green Bay and we aint got 3G...i think madison is the only place in WI with it..they need to excpand..RIGHT NOW
    i live in west bend, and there is 3g i know for sure, as far north as i am, and as far south as oak creek (south milwaukee)
    iPhone 3G 16gb white with 3.0b5
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb
    dell mini9 hacked with os x 10.5.6

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey cash7c3,

You should make a section on the site called myth busters or something along those lines.. lol just like the flash updates =) this way once the news has been proven false it could be moved there... just a thought...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockjohn View Post
    i hope verizon doesnt get the iphone in 2010
    Hell yea. Me too

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Verizon = they thought that no one would leave them for the iPhone

Verizon = when I had them they sent the wrong phone to me and I returned it to one of those crazy stores they have in a mall but they did not see it on the computer and charged me for it..... I had the receipt for it and had to argue for a month before they removed the charge from my bill..... that was just terrible!

Now Att I just had to call the other day because there was a $1.78 charge on my bill and I did not call it as it was a directory assistance call... I told them I did not know even the number to dial..... anyway Att removed it right away and was very nice about it.....

I liked Verizon's data and liked that I got better coverage but paid my way out for the iPhone..... now when I talked to my cousin the other day she has Verizon.... her phone kept dropping calls...... over all I like Att's customer service much better as they have always treated me nice....

Att = I like the stores

Verizon = I hate their little setups in the malls.....

Would like to have Verizon but in reality they do not deserve a chance at the iphone....... I was more than upset when they turned down the iphone.... if I had a chance to either go with Att or Verizon today... I probably would stay with Att...... unless Verizon really had something to offer me or their prices were much cheaper....
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-27-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Added more.....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Quote Originally Posted by eatjello View Post
    +1

but who really needs 60mps on a freakin phone.. i mean come on
    Is it bad that 60mps is faster than my computer =[
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a great news, so we have more choices/options.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Magnum;4012011
    where in WI are you? im in Green Bay and we aint got 3G...i think madison is the only place in WI with it..they need to excpand..RIGHT NOW[/QUOTE]

Im just outside Milwaukee and we have perfect 3G here...Actually im in Menomonee Falls near Germantown...I work in Brookfield...no 3G issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by eatjello View Post
    +1

but who really needs 60mps on a freakin phone.. i mean come on
    yeah. and who really needs fiber-optic cables?

people i think will just get more lazy and more impatient. i'll admit it i'd rather have 3g than edge anyyyyday now that i've tried it. "4g" over 3g... and whatevers faster i'm going to want it.

NOT for $70 a month though. thats just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Hope this is false.

I hope so too..thats bull poop

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

60mbps? With like nobody but one person on the service at once I am sure. In actuality it will be nowhere near these numbers, I am sure. Anyway, if it does work out, maybe we can FINALLY get some better plan pricing due to competition?

Also, didn't we just get news that ATT and Apple have renewed their exclusivity contracts or something?

Quote Originally Posted by sn0ws View Post
    I don't see it happening with Verizon always insisiting on useing their piece of **** GUI... it makes me hate every phone that runs it. Apple's good at GUI very good, I don't see them letting Verizon slowing down and ruining the experience
    I agree with your POS GUI statement, but I think even Verizon can see that the iPhone has sparked wordlwide interest and would be silly to not put their differences aside and let the iphone be the one phone they sell without this GUI. Most people would go to Verizon with their iphones simply because of the shear number of other verizon users their are providing in network calling. Everyone I know (aside from one TMO user) uses Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    If Verizon gets the iPhone next year I'm going to have to get rid of mine. Everyone will have an iPhone
    I hate to break it to you, but if you got the iphone to be somehow "different" than everyone else, it is already among the most popular phones in the world. People who buy phones to show them off make me laugh. Why not keep it because of the actual good features it provides you?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    not if apple lets verizon B!tcH slap the GUI...then ill keep ATT version and laugh at losers who got da ugly verizon hahaha
    One word (or maybe technically two?)... jail break
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-28-2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    Im just outside Milwaukee and we have perfect 3G here...Actually im in Menomonee Falls near Germantown...I work in Brookfield...no 3G issues there.
    Me and my friend both have an iPhone 3G in Baltimore. I think his is partially faulty. Whenever he has 3G enabled, his service sucks, his calls drop, and his phone never rings. Even if we're standing right next to eachother, I have full bars and he has nunja. Soon as he turns off 3G it's good. But then what's the point?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

doesn't bother me much.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say yes to Verizon..think about it guys. This would make AT&T push their 3G/4G speeds up a notch. Competition is good for us. That would also push the service plans down as well. The 3G speed is great now, imagine a fast speed and cheaper cell bill. HELL YEAH!!!
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    I would say yes to Verizon..think about it guys. This would make AT&T push their 3G/4G speeds up a notch. Competition is good for us. That would also push the service plans down as well. The 3G speed is great now, imagine a fast speed and cheaper cell bill. HELL YEAH!!!
    Its too risky

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

People keep talking about Verizon's ugly GUI. Apple's original GUI was crap too, but that's what jailbreaking is all about. Certainly Verizon's iPhone would be jailbreakable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post

Verizon = I hate their little setups in the malls.....

Would like to have Verizon but in reality they do not deserve a chance at the iphone....... I was more than upset when they turned down the iphone.... if I had a chance to either go with Att or Verizon today... I probably would stay with Att...... unless Verizon really had something to offer me or their prices were much cheaper....

verizon has stores too...

I've had AT&T, verizon, and now am on tmobile. I left verizon for the iphone. Verizon has amazing coverage, imo by far the best. It just sucks not being able to use a simcard though. I travel to the philippines and it's so nice being able to just pop a different sim in my iphone and use it. I would be happy if the iphone went to verizon though, i would switch service and buy a new phone for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lilzone View Post
    That would be cool (iphone on Verizon), AT&T needs to get on the move with their network speeds and expanded 3g coverage. Just my thoughts.
    What's up Doc? Special Delivery.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but if you got the iphone to be somehow "different" than everyone else, it is already among the most popular phones in the world. People who buy phones to show them off make me laugh. Why not keep it because of the actual good features it provides you?
    i see what your saying but think about all the people on Verizon, and think about how popular the iphone is, now combine them and imagine how many iphones there will be it just would make the iphone monotonous and less special if everyone and there brother has one. Not that i have the iphone to be different, i love the phone for its features, but the thought of everyone having the same phone as me just dose not sit well with me.
    Last edited by almyz125; 04-28-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by almyz125 View Post
    i see what your saying but think about all the people on Verizon, and think about how popular the iphone is, now combine them and imagine how many iphones there will be it just would make the iphone monotonous and less special if everyone and there brother has one. Not that i have the iphone to be different, i love the phone for its features, but the thought of everyone having the same phone as me just dose not sit well with me.
    I didn't buy it to be special, I bought it so I can surf the web, get emails, etc. and it is the best phone out there for that. I feel sorry for people who buy electronics to feel special like they are privileged for having the damn thing. Plus, the more people have it the merrier. We will see more features, more apps, more everything because it is that good of a profit maker. I would feel no different if everyone in the world had the iPhone. I already see 1/5 people here at school with it anyway. My mentality is probably the difference between a couple more years of life experience. When I was younger I used to want things like video games and be the first to have them just so I can show it off. I didn't even care if the thing was good or not. I have learned that my money is way better spent on good products rather than the new flashy products. The "cool" stuff loses its luster in a short period of time. The stuff that is actually useful, stays useful for longer periods of time. I can honestly say the iPhone is the only phone I have ever had over the las seven years that I use on a daily basis. not because I want to yank it from my pocket and show it off, but because it actually keeps me connected and does what I want it to do (which will be even more true with 3.0!)

I also have a strong feeling that a lot of people are pissed about the potential of Verizon getting the iPhone because they left Verizon for ATT because of the iPhone. In other words, people spent extra money to make the migration and feel others should have to as well if they want the same thing. I did the same (although not sheerly for the iPhone, Verizon customer service has done NOTHING for me EVER when I had a problem.) Quite frankly such motives are nothing short of selfishness and greed and I think they are quit silly. Once again people feel entitled because they spent a little money on something, so the company they purchased it from should bend over backward for them.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-28-2009 at 12:45 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast