Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: World of Warcraft to Invade iPhone?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Default World of Warcraft to Invade iPhone?

If the above video is real it appears that World of Warcraft is in development to be released on the iPhone via the mobile gaming service Vollee. Vollee is a company dedicated to making PC games playable on 3g mobile devices. Basically how everything reportedly works is an instance of the game is running on a PC somewhere and then compressed and streamed to the iPhone via 3g (or WiFi) allowing a seamless gaming experience through a client side interface altered to make the game more playable via the iPhone.

What helps the validity of this rumor is Vollee has a partnership with Activision | Blizzard, the folks behind WoW.

thanks pete for the tip (and working video link)
    thread updated with yet another video link thx JazJon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

shabz_de_don (05-05-2009)

Thanks

his iphone is jailbroken

it looks pretty choppy, idk how well that would play.
    personally i hate WoW, but i don't know how ATT would feel about this, wouldn't that use a lot of data? and with all the hardcore WoW players.. this could be quite popular.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Reminds me of the South Park episode where the developers of WoW go they don't play because they have a life. Lmao. It is for losers this game though and people who don't have a life!
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 04-26-2009 at 02:07 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Um. Plenty of people who play WoW have lives....
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A.T Don't talk about stuff you don't know. If this is real I for one will grab it this would make playing wow on the go (you know while I am out living my life) easier if I needed to check my mail or something and post more auctions this would help a lot.

Hopefully they can get it to run smooth (I don't know if the iPhone can handle this game without stripping it a bunch) Also to my fellow WoW players can we use QH? lol

Thanks

South Park did kill wow though for sure
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used to be and still am a huge WOW fan, although I've stopped playing. I like the idea but I just don't think it would be as enjoyable to play as the full blown game. Yeah I could see checking mail and auctions and what not, maybe even chatting it up with the guild when you're bored but I just don't think the user interface and controls would be enjoyable....

Thanks

Sounds like they're trying the same technique OnLive are working on - GDC 2009: OnLive Press Conference - Movies at GameSpot
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

for those hardcore WoW users this could be huge news

Only problem is at one point I saw the wow mouse pointer on screen. Which makes me think it could just be a video running over the iphone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Only problem is at one point I saw the wow mouse pointer on screen. Which makes me think it could just be a video running over the iphone.
    It's video streamed from a PC, which means the iphone isn't doing anything graphically intensive, and there will be a client installed on the iphone for controls
    To live, you have to lie

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Now people can spend even more time in their virtual world full of false accomplishments and peer respect. Instead of people loosing their jobs from home, they can loose their jobs at work!

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    A.T Don't talk about stuff you don't know. If this is real I for one will grab it this would make playing wow on the go (you know while I am out living my life) easier if I needed to check my mail or something and post more auctions this would help a lot.

Hopefully they can get it to run smooth (I don't know if the iPhone can handle this game without stripping it a bunch) Also to my fellow WoW players can we use QH? lol
    That sounds like denial to me. You should look up video game addiction. There are actually clinics that are springing up due to the detrimental effects of prolonged gaming that are becoming apparent in younger generations. Its not that you don't have a life, its that large portion of your life exists in a virtual world that is isolated from the rest of consensus reality.

As a person who has near and dear ones that are addicted to WoW, I'm not trying to slam you. Rather present the issue that there is some validity to accusations cast upon WoW'ers (or WoW'ees?). And if you feel the need to be defensive about it, than these are issues that you are aware of but may not be capable of or willing to deal with.

Respect to humanities free will and expression of opinions. Perhaps you'll feel inclined to express your free will and expression of opinions in response?
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grassmasta For This Useful Post:

llescaflownell (04-26-2009), MetallicaFan1991 (04-26-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    Now people can spend even more time in their virtual world full of false accomplishments and peer respect. Instead of people loosing their jobs from home, they can loose their jobs at work!

That sounds like denial to me. You should look up video game addiction. There are actually clinics that are springing up due to the detrimental effects of prolonged gaming that are becoming apparent in younger generations. Its not that you don't have a life, its that large portion of your life exists in a virtual world that is isolated from the rest of consensus reality.

As a person who has near and dear ones that are addicted to WoW, I'm not trying to slam you. Rather present the issue that there is some validity to accusations cast upon WoW'ers (or WoW'ees?). And if you feel the need to be defensive about it, than these are issues that you are aware of but may not be capable of or willing to deal with.

Respect to humanities free will and expression of opinions. Perhaps you'll feel inclined to express your free will and expression of opinions in response?
    Lol video game addiction. I don't have that I burn out on games pretty quick anyway. I just started playing wow 3 months ago and I don't play religiously also if I did have a video game addiction I would welcome it with open arms. I'm actually in the process of starting my own video game development company.

Thanks

im addicted to Gears Of War...and im proud of it!!!

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    im addicted to Gears Of War...and im proud of it!!!
    God I hate that game lol. I just could never get into it (I liked the single player but I thought the multiplayer was sadly over rated.)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    Um. Plenty of people who play WoW have lives....
    Not according to South Park, ROFL!!!!

Ps. I don't what game you guys are on about^^^, must be PC or 360 game, I'm a PS3 fanboy !

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Reminds me of the South Park episode where the developers of WoW go they don't play because they have a life. Lmao. It is for losers this game though and people who don't have a life!
    erm. you're on a site where people spend their time fiddling with ipods. i don't wanna say hypocrite, so you are a _________.

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Not according to South Park, ROFL!!!!

Ps. I don't what game you guys are on about^^^, must be PC or 360 game, I'm a PS3 fanboy !
    PS3 is not worth the money atm. The exclusives don't justify buying it, anything that is worth playing is on PC or 360 (btw PC is the hands down best system for games) a stand alone Blu-ray player is now cheaper than a PS3 (and for about $900 you could build a top of the line PC with a blu-ray BURNING DVD drive)

Also RE5 looks so much worse on PS3 its sad (that's what happens when you port from Direct to Open)

If the PS3 gets modded like the 360 then it might be worth the money and I'll look into (I am by no means a fanboy of any system)

The only reason I would want a PS3 is for Uncharted 2 and GoW3 (if anyone mistakes that for Gears of War you can die a painful death God of war was first and so it deserves it. Also you would be stupid because Gears isn't a PS3 game)

Most Sony fanboys I know are faceplamed right now because of the PS3s failure. Drop the price at least another $100 and then it might be worth buying, otherwise atm nothing on it pops.

yeah south park did get WoW good just like they got kanye west he is a gay fish!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast