Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: World of Warcraft to Invade iPhone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    Now people can spend even more time in their virtual world full of false accomplishments and peer respect. Instead of people loosing their jobs from home, they can loose their jobs at work!

That sounds like denial to me. You should look up video game addiction. There are actually clinics that are springing up due to the detrimental effects of prolonged gaming that are becoming apparent in younger generations. Its not that you don't have a life, its that large portion of your life exists in a virtual world that is isolated from the rest of consensus reality.

As a person who has near and dear ones that are addicted to WoW, I'm not trying to slam you. Rather present the issue that there is some validity to accusations cast upon WoW'ers (or WoW'ees?). And if you feel the need to be defensive about it, than these are issues that you are aware of but may not be capable of or willing to deal with.

Respect to humanities free will and expression of opinions. Perhaps you'll feel inclined to express your free will and expression of opinions in response?
    And these are the type of people that tell others to get a life. You see how much I post. Come on..... LOL

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    PS3 is not worth the money atm. The exclusives don't justify buying it, anything that is worth playing is on PC or 360 (btw PC is the hands down best system for games) a stand alone Blu-ray player is now cheaper than a PS3 (and for about $900 you could build a top of the line PC with a blu-ray BURNING DVD drive)

Also RE5 looks so much worse on PS3 its sad (that's what happens when you port from Direct to Open)

If the PS3 gets modded like the 360 then it might be worth the money and I'll look into (I am by no means a fanboy of any system)

The only reason I would want a PS3 is for Uncharted 2 and GoW3 (if anyone mistakes that for Gears of War you can die a painful death God of war was first and so it deserves it. Also you would be stupid because Gears isn't a PS3 game)

Most Sony fanboys I know are faceplamed right now because of the PS3s failure. Drop the price at least another $100 and then it might be worth buying, otherwise atm nothing on it pops.
    I prefer the PS3 over the 360 hand over fist. The 360 had its day, but now it is outdated. I am sure the next console that Microsoft comes out with will rock. My PS3 is running Linux now which has turned it into a more viable machine than my 360. I won't even get into the Bluray...HD lost.

You talk about a $900 dollar computer when I have just that for half of your price running on my highdef television in my living room

World Of Warcraft may have another player if they can create intuitive controls that won't leave me frustrated. I have always wanted to play, but I am not always near a decent internet connection on my laptop.

I've played WoW and all the additional versions (Lich King, etc). The slow up that happens at home sometimes on a solid gaming computer with a solid broadband connection would make this terrible to play on the iphone IMHO.
    Additionally the screen is far too small to see some of the things you really need to.

Screen is waay to little imo, can't raid or do any instances with it. Probebly only post things on the auction house or chat with people.

OK... you guys can laugh at me or whatever you like BUT....

I didn't even know what WoW was until i saw this post. I mean i saw the commercial with OZZY in it, but i was kinda like, its just a video game... SO made an accout last night and i'm on the trial...

I PLAYED THIS GAME FOR 7 FREAKING HOURS!!!!! UUUUUGGGGGGG.lol

If this is released, we'd better seriously hope that the new phones have the battery power.lol The game is addictive, and i think they'll make a killing in the App Store.

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    I've played WoW and all the additional versions (Lich King, etc). The slow up that happens at home sometimes on a solid gaming computer with a solid broadband connection would make this terrible to play on the iphone IMHO.
    Additionally the screen is far too small to see some of the things you really need to.
    Agreed but I think the main idea here is mainly just so you can sign on allowing you to do miniscule tasks. Like maybe solo questing or dailies. As well as hitting up the AH when you're away from a real connection or just chatting with guildies about the randomness that goes on about Azeroth etc. I for one think this would be awesome to do these small tasks while out and about. But going back to it I would seriously hope no one out there would even try to attempt to raid or even try to run an instance using their iphone.
    Last edited by kagehito54; 04-27-2009 at 12:36 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Since the video was removed here's another link:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1oBI8A1EGA]YouTube - World Of Warcraft WoW on the iPhone real - no vnc[/ame]

wow thats kinda cool. And sony says there are no games for iphone that could keep up with daxter on psp lol. As for me getting it, probably not. I dont have the time to play 360 anymore much less WoW.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huntor View Post
    damn dude, chill out
    you sound like a pissed off 55 yearold mom.
    its just a game
    I literally lol'ed, for previous reasons. OMGGGG most quotable thing I've ever seen.

Everyone needs to chill out, it's a game. You're going to drop/make viruses for the iPhone because a game comes out for it? Really?! Sounds like a few people shouldn't be here in the first place... Let's get that **** rollin' then.

Looks like it's time for a few people to go and get a Nokia.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 04-27-2009 at 04:50 PM.
    Respect your elders.

I have the greatest respect for him121213 - he/she knows a LOT about the iPhone and is well worth listening too.

Personally I think WoW is a game, I like a drink but don't think that makes me an alcoholic, this is just another example of what the iPhone can do - not some evil conspiracy.

Not that I have a clue what WoW is....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Ok, not to mention names, but if your not interested in the thread subject there is no need to post here. Negativity is just not needed/wanted and is considered useless.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Ok, not to mention names, but if your not interested in the thread subject there is no need to post here. Negativity is just not needed/wanted and is considered useless.
    Bugger, I'm not at all interested - does this mean I can't post just to stir it up a bit?

It is what I'm best at...

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

^As long as its not negative, I dont care . But we're getting tired of complaints from members for negativity in the forum.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I love lamp!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sex Panther.... It's made with bits of real panther so you know it's good!

*Thread jack*

HAHAHA ^

60% of the time, it works all the time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

^^^
    That doesn't even make sense.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grassmasta View Post
    ^^^
    that doesn't even make sense. :d
    im trapped in a glass case of emotion.

Thanks

Thread excessively pruned. Out with the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I have the greatest respect for him121213 - he/she knows a LOT about the iPhone and is well worth listening too.

Personally I think WoW is a game, I like a drink but don't think that makes me an alcoholic, this is just another example of what the iPhone can do - not some evil conspiracy.

Not that I have a clue what WoW is....
    he

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast