+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Unwilling to Drop AT&T, CDMA version not likely!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Lightbulb Apple Unwilling to Drop AT&T, CDMA version not likely!

It seems that AT&T is now successful to secure the iPhone exclusivity deal for a longer period. AT&Tís service has always been an issue with most of the iPhone users but Apple seems to be quite content with the service. Thatís why, when Tim Cook (and Peter Oppenheimer) were asked that whether Apple will continue with AT&T or not, he seemed quite positive about the deal with AT&T.

We view AT&T as a very good partner, the best wireless provider in the U.S. Very happy to do business with them. They have done a good job with the iPhone. We have no plans to change it. Technically, Verizon is on CDMA. We decided to focus on one phone for the entire world, which means you have to go down the GSM route. CDMA doesn't have a life after a certain point in time.
    Regarding the Verizon- that is all about CDMA- rumors, he said that they Ďdecidedí to focus the phone for the entire world and that ďCDMA doesn't have a life after a certain point in timeĒ.

It seems that all those lawsuits based on service issues arenít going to affect Apple as compared to their huge quarterly sales of iPhone and that Verizon doesnít have any chance to bag the iPhone even in 2011...

[MacRumors]
    Last edited by sayam; 04-23-2009 at 09:31 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't see that coming..
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Verizon is the worst company you can go to. Great service but the bill is notorious.

Why doesn't the iphone go to metro pcs it uses the same technology as Verizon but it's completely unlimited for $45 per line or $100 for up to 4 lines.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's awesome. AT&t's service is good for me and I don't experience many problems. But I'm happy because if it did go to verizon, almost every single person would have an iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

NO!!!! At&t has screwed me one too many times!! i LOVE the iphone but unfortunately times are tuff and i cannot afford at&t so now im stuck on Metro PCS which is a crappy service but very cheap. they use CDMA and they are very big here in miami. i was looking forward to the CDMA version so bad!!!! at&t has gotten its huge corporate d*ck and shoved it up so many peoples asses its not even fair!

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T and the iPhone for years to come is a good thing. AT&T are rich and I'm talking Bill Gates doesn't know **** when it comes to money against AT&T. AT&T was the original phone company they have had money in the bank longer than anyone else. I have never had problems with my AT&T service, I did have problems with reception at one point but that was simply my old phone in this room of the house didn't get any signal new phone gets signal fine so its obviously a phone side issue.

AT&T also has the fastest 3G network, they might not have the most area covered with 3G but it is the fastest and they are gaining area quick. Also with the high hopes for 4G soon I can't see AT&T losing business anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no complaints about AT&T's service and no complaints about the continued teaming with Apple

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

My only complaint is no competition means they will be hiking prices for newer contracts simply because they can...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T has always treated me, my business and friends very well. I like the rumor / news that Apple is happy too.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sursidespic View Post
    im stuck on Metro PCS which is a crappy service but very cheap.
    I switched from Sprint to AT&T way back because the service sucked. Sprint was cheaper but useless if I couldnt use it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone knowtheobscure's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    Verizon is the worst company you can go to. Great service but the bill is notorious.

Why doesn't the iphone go to metro pcs it uses the same technology as Verizon but it's completely unlimited for $45 per line or $100 for up to 4 lines.
    Did you really just write this?!
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knowtheobscure View Post
    Did you really just write this?!
    No I think Blue Print wrote that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well before giving AT&T a free ride just for their iphone contract... I think they have not always been fair brokers in the Telephone Industry. The only reasons why I (and others) am with AT&T is:
    1) iPhone (and they know it - thats why the worked so hard to keep the contract extended with Apple)
    2) Because they merged with Cingular. Was best in MO at the time.

In the past years of dealing with them, they have been very arrogant about their sales, services and customer support. I actually left them (prior to the iPhone) because the told me that they could charge me anything they wanted for intra-latta (local long distance) calls when the highest long distance rates where $1.10 less! Basically charged me $1.35 for a call within my local latta when other companies where only charging $.25 (which was the highest rate) for the same local long distance area! The new company I went with, Birch Telecom, not only gave me a $.15 rate for "all" long distance (which was cheaper than any AT&T offered) for no fee, but also paid the $90 bill for the $1.35 a minute charge! When I called AT&T to switch, and mentioned why, they said go. And I did.

This second time around has been a little better (DSL, land-line, and cellular), but still have to deal with poor customer service when trying to call in.

Green Apple
    Thanks

AT&T is hands down the best voice/data service provider in the US. Look at it this way, Verizon made a horrible business decision when it passed on the iPhone originally. Verizon sux anyway, there phones are branded with so much crap on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if the new iphone will work with T-mobiles 3G network...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^doubt it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imilad View Post
    I don't see what this has to do with this thread... lol just thought I'd point it out.

And I agree it's a shame there won't be competition out there on the iPhone going out to all carriers would have been interesting to see people having iPhones on all different carriers without unlocking. Although hopefully with the iPhone staying with AT&T, they will be nice enough to use the money from all the more incoming and already established contracts to upgrade their network to become faster and more stable.

What's Jailbreak? sudburyballer's Avatar
    Thanks

CDMA,....you've changed. ......Your dead to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imilad View Post
    Why do you wonder? It wont.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why do you wonder? It wont.
    What basis do you have for saying that Apple is for sure not going to 2100MHz 3G frequency?
    Respect your elders.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast