+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Unwilling to Drop AT&T, CDMA version not likely!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple do use 2100MHz as do AT&T and the rest of the world. T-Mobile use 1700Mhz which no one else does.
    Thanks

Apple do use 2100MHz as do AT&T and the rest of the world.
    T-Mobile use 1700Mhz which no one else does.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

AT&T uses 1900MHz. 2100MHz is another standard and T-Mobile's 1700MHz is indeed strange, forgot they were down there.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

You're right, AT&T use 1900, Europe uses 2100 and T-Mobile (USA, not EU) use 1700/2100 which is incompatible with anything else.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Every company has there pros and cons. I've been with AT&T since the Cingular days and I could tell you some stories lol. But all in all they are a good company.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dillonsmith9147's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, damn, i wish iphone were on verizon because i could get rid of my over priced land line, att has zero bars here but 5 a half mile down the road.i just wish the and they cant really say it couldnt be a world phone all in one because the Bold, has both CDMA and GSM technoligies and its on verizon, which although this has nothing to do with the thread, could one use a bold on AT&T not that i would but i could make a hefty profit if you could

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dillonsmith9147 View Post
    Well, damn, and they cant really say it couldnt be a world phone all in one because the Bold, has both CDMA and GSM technoligies and its on verizon, which although this has nothing to do with the thread, could one use a bold on AT&T not that i would but i could make a hefty profit if you could
    wat
    Respect your elders.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes before the merge Cingular was the best.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

photoshop fail

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

opinion's- everyone's got one. CDMA as a technology is more reliable. HANDS DOWN. do the research. I currently am a iphone user, always will be. Just accepted a job at VZW, and will keep my iphone. LOVE it, as far as the fact if a CDMA version did come about in the future, AWESOME! someone stated "im glad there is no cdma version" why? WE ALL KNOW that "exculsive products" are only a matter of time. Compare the CDMA phones are were at one point "exclusive" and are now on a GSM network. I know that we are dealing with the GOD of all GODS here (apple, and iphone) so in reality things could and are different. Point im trying to prove here is prefrence, CDMA vs GSM. pros and cons, its not a battle, its a opinion.

CDMA- IS THE MAJORITY RULER OF THIS WORLD. like it or not.
    Last edited by awesome austin; 04-23-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    Verizon is the worst company you can go to. Great service but the bill is notorious.

Why doesn't the iphone go to metro pcs it uses the same technology as Verizon but it's completely unlimited for $45 per line or $100 for up to 4 lines.

metro pcs has really crappy service, is cmda (as apple said, not gonna happen) and is only in a few USA cities

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    Well before giving AT&T a free ride just for their iphone contract... I think they have not always been fair brokers in the Telephone Industry. The only reasons why I (and others) am with AT&T is:
    1) iPhone (and they know it - thats why the worked so hard to keep the contract extended with Apple)
    2) Because they merged with Cingular. Was best in MO at the time.

In the past years of dealing with them, they have been very arrogant about their sales, services and customer support. I actually left them (prior to the iPhone) because the told me that they could charge me anything they wanted for intra-latta (local long distance) calls when the highest long distance rates where $1.10 less! Basically charged me $1.35 for a call within my local latta when other companies where only charging $.25 (which was the highest rate) for the same local long distance area! The new company I went with, Birch Telecom, not only gave me a $.15 rate for "all" long distance (which was cheaper than any AT&T offered) for no fee, but also paid the $90 bill for the $1.35 a minute charge! When I called AT&T to switch, and mentioned why, they said go. And I did.

This second time around has been a little better (DSL, land-line, and cellular), but still have to deal with poor customer service when trying to call in.

lol.. cingular bought att (bell south at the time) back in the day.. and then att bought back cingular.

The reason GSM networks are better is because the technology doesn't have as strict as a limit as CDMA and that the world uses the technology.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesome austin View Post
    Don't you mean GSM?!....

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know lots of people on AT&T, with great service.. Don't know what your talking about , all maybe you just upset that it's not coming to verizon.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

CDMA is only in the US.... you must think the US is the whole world? GSM is the greater tech, sorry....just google it
    Really?

Thanks

This is great news for me, i'm glad to be with AT&T and not sprint, verizon or T-mobile. I've had both sprint and t-mo in the past and was not happy with the service and the bill.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Wow. I'm surprised how many people are happy about this.

I'm glad AT&T is getting to keep it. More people with AT&T means more money for improvements. I'm sticking with AT&T reguardless so it's only going to take away profits from the company I'm with.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    CDMA is only in the US.... you must think the US is the whole world? GSM is the greater tech, sorry....just google it
    have u been out of the u.s.? I'm not trying to be a *****, just know my facts. First hand experience, and research trump ur "I think I know it all google searches" what technology does china use?

Point proven. Thank u come again.
    Last edited by awesome austin; 04-24-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks
    I've been with AT&T since it was Cingular and I've never had problems with their service. There were a couple of times that I didn't have any service, but I've never been happier. Glad I get a discount from AT&T so I can keep my iPhone and stay on their network

iPhone? More like MyPhone playboii's Avatar
    Thanks

only positive thing i see about iphone sticking to at&t is that I still get to use the iphone on tmobile =)...at&t service here in the bronx is HORRIBLE and way too expensive.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

have u been out if the u.s.? I'm not trying to be a *****, just know my facts. First hand experience, and research trump ur "I think I know it all google searches" what technology does china use?

Point proven. Thank u come again.
    So then China + US = rest of the world?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings