Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Billionth iPhone App Page Leaked

Thanks

I must start spam downloading apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

It is the person who downloads the billionth app FYI. It was discussed over at macrumors when it first released. This is the official wording from the terms.

The prize will be awarded for the entry (either through an app download or through the non-purchase online entry) sent immediately following the download of the 999,999,999th app.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    It is the person who downloads the billionth app FYI. It was discussed over at macrumors when it first released. This is the official wording from the terms.
    No it is not. Then why are Apple asking people to enter the competition even without downloading an app?

The prize will be won by a draw of ALL Entries into the competition

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    No it is not. Then why are Apple asking people to enter the competition even without downloading an app?

The prize will be won by a draw of ALL Entries into the competition
    Because they are required to. If 999,999,999 people download apps, and the next request happens to be a form, then the person who filled out the form wins the contest. If you read the entire T&C of the contest, it shows that to be the case. The billionth entry gets the loot.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    Because they are required to. If 999,999,999 people download apps, and the next request happens to be a form, then the person who filled out the form wins the contest. If you read the entire T&C of the contest, it shows that to be the case. The billionth entry gets the loot.
    I think YOU should read the rules again. I want you to quote from Apple - iTunes - 1 Billion App Countdown - Rules

where you think it says that the Billionth App Downloader/Entry gets the prize

Edit: And if you browse the topic on [ame="http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=683902"]macrumors[/ame] you will find that the general consensus is that the competition ends with the download of the billionth app and all entries between April 10th and then are entered into a draw, but there are a few posts from people who don't seem to understand english. The billionth entry wins nothing (unless they win the draw)
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 04-22-2009 at 03:41 PM.

we should thank apple for a billion headaches.
    1% of all apps are useful. Out of that 1% of apps 100% of it had major problems and needed to be updated at least 5 times.
    Now imagine, 12mill of iPhones in market. Trying crap, updating the useful apps over and over again. 1billion downloads is reached within a year.lol makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I think YOU should read the rules again. I want you to quote from Apple - iTunes - 1 Billion App Countdown - Rules

where you think it says that the Billionth App Downloader/Entry gets the prize

Edit: And if you browse the topic on macrumors you will find that the general consensus is that the competition ends with the download of the billionth app and all entries between April 10th and then are entered into a draw, but there are a few posts from people who don't seem to understand english. The billionth entry wins nothing (unless they win the draw)
    K, here we go.

Timing. The Promotion shall run from 12:01 a.m. EDT on April 10, 2009 and ends with the downloading of the 1 billionth app (“Promotion Period”). For purposes of the Promotion, the downloading of the 1 billionth app is considered to be either the downloading of the 1 billionth app from iTunes or the receipt of the non-purchase entry after the download of the 999,999,999th app, whichever comes first. Only entries submitted in this time period will be accepted. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this promotion.
    That means that once the millionth app hits, it's over. Note that this is the timing section, not the actual section describing who gets the prize.
    Limit: Regardless of which method of entry is used to enter the Promotion, only twenty-five (25) entries per person and/or iTunes account and/or email address, per day will be granted. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other means that permits the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or in excess of the entry limitations is prohibited. Only entries received during the Promotion Period will be accepted. The authorized iTunes account holder will be deemed to be the entrant for entries via app download. The authorized account holder of the email address used on the online form to enter will be deemed to be the entrant for entries via the online entry form. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to show proof that they are the authorized account holder or the entrant.
    That means that you can only enter 25 times a day. So if I downloaded 25 apps this morning, and the billionth app comes up tonight, I'm screwed because I already did 25.
    Sweepstakes. Sponsor is the sole judging organization whose decisions as to the operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The prize will be awarded for the entry (either through an app download or through the non-purchase online entry) sent immediately following the download of the 999,999,999th app. The potential winner will be determined by the order of the entries received. In the event that more than one entrant would be a winner based on the simultaneous timing of entries, one entrant will be randomly selected from those entrants as the winner. Each entrant’s chances of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
    Right there. The prize will be awarded to the entry after the 999,999,999th app. No way to misread that. Plus, if more than one person get it by downloading at the same time, then they will randomly choose between those who get it. If it was a drawing also, the winner wouldn't be determined by the order of entries received. It would be random.
    Prizes. One (1) winner will receive one (1) 17” MacBook Pro; one (1) iPod Touch 32GB; one (1) US$10,000 iTunes Gift Certificate; and an Apple Time Capsule. Total US Retail Value of all prizes is US$13,746
    Just putting this in here in case someone thinks more than one person will win. One person gets all the rewards.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by endrit View Post
    we should thank apple for a billion headaches.
    1% of all apps are useful. Out of that 1% of apps 100% of it had major problems and needed to be updated at least 5 times.
    Now imagine, 12mill of iPhones in market. Trying crap, updating the useful apps over and over again. 1billion downloads is reached within a year.lol makes a lot of sense to me.
    I've downloaded about 50 apps, most of them useful, none have had any problems and updates only improve apps. No App or any piece of software is going to be perfect on its first release, thats what updates are for

Thanks

dayam i want the prize!
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

The rules for this contest are pretty vague

The rules are not vague, you are just dense. ONE person wins EVERYTHING! There is no 2nd place! The person who either DOWNLOADS OR SUBMITS the 1 billionth app/entry WINS! If more than 1 person clicked at the same time, then those ppl are put in a pot and 1 winner is drawn. Period. You can argue all you want but that is how it is. Deal with it and goodluck winning this HUGE prize!!!

Thanks

Hey is it me or did they remove the countdown link?
    as in not visible...

Quote Originally Posted by MiSTRFiNGA View Post
    The rules are not vague, you are just dense.
    Entries can be made between April 10th and when the billionth download is made would suggest that they are all going into a draw - otherwise what is the point of the dates and the 25 entries per day.
    The rules are very vague. No one is disputing the fact that there will only be one winner, just if the winner is the billionth downloader or drawn from all entries.

If it is the billionth downloader what if it is their 26th app of the day?

To say the rules are not vague is plainly not the case and to call someone dense because they think the rules are vague obviously means you are of a far higher intellect than most of us...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

1 billion! hehe..almost like trying to get a BOC on woot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They had an alternate way of entry listed when I went to the apple site, so I did mine that way. And I'm crossin my fingers

Thanks
    I really wish I Win lol :P . I really really want a mac but cant afford
    Apple iPhone by Apple

Quote Originally Posted by sn0ws View Post
    once u go mac...
    u go running back...lol windows all the way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabij1 View Post
    +1
    i've used a PC my whole life.. went to mac... i felt so stupid. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sn0ws View Post
    once u go mac...
    Quote Originally Posted by jabij1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eatjello View Post
    +1
    i've used a PC my whole life.. went to mac... i felt so stupid. lol
    Haha thats a funny saying. I was gonna go switch to a MAC but now realized that I like my PC better and the price of a MAC is way too much. I do have to admit though, Apple does make sexy MACs!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast