+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Doubling 3G Speed (And SEXTUPLING Soon)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jaredb03 How about they work on getting 3g coverage on more than about 15-20% of the US. the closet 3g coverage to me is about 100 miles
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    How about they work on getting 3g coverage on more than about 15-20% of the US. the closet 3g coverage to me is about 100 miles away. Lame
    +1 no 3G coverage in my small city of 45k and they will be charging me for it when I get the new iPhone. Very Lame.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fklentz View Post
    4G will be just great, now I'll be able to drain the battery in an hour.
    YOU GET OVER A HOUR OUT OF YOUR BATTER?!?!?!?!?!?!? LOL I really hope they put a changeable battery or bigger capacity in the new model. I barely get a solid 5 out of mine and it stays on the charger over 15 hours out of the day!
    Come on 32GB iPhone!!!!!! Please Apple, I have over 1,000 songs and let alone movies that hardly ever get to see daylight

iPhone? More like MyPhone ryan christopher's Avatar
    Thanks

As great as this sounds it's just another reason for AT&T to raise prices even more. I love their service but hate their prices. Give me an iPhone dual booted with Android on T-Mobile and you have yourself a happy camper

Thanks

yea 7.2 mb seems like enough. I'm alredy impressed with the 3g speeds already. I barely even use wifi anymore, too much of a hassle to keep on

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

1200 Baud?! That was fast. I remember when I used smoke signals to communicate.

Thanks
    No really it's OK, I don't need to know how to create a new thread, I just wanted to recommend a FREE iPhone app that lets you backup your contacts wirelessly and makes them accessible online. You can even add and edit contacts online. YOU UNGRATEFUL SOBs!!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    How about they work on getting 3g coverage on more than about 15-20% of the US. the closet 3g coverage to me is about 100 miles away. Lame
    Agreed!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. There is a section named "Member Written iPhone News"... Try posting there...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    I've only not gotten 3G coverage at a rural farm... weird. :P
    Where do you live? In California there wasn't a spot where I didn't get 3G. I Iowa, on the other hand, only two of the cities have 3G connection. A LOT of the less populated areas are without 3G. I am in a town of 50,000 (big for Iowa) and we don;t have it here. The closest is Des Moines, about 45 minutes away.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-21-2009 at 05:42 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^+1 thats true. it hasnt crawled into the rural areas.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    +1 no 3G coverage in my small city of 45k and they will be charging me for it when I get the new iPhone. Very Lame.
    Yup already being charged for it when I can't get it..... and I am not happy about it one bit! But either I kept using my first iPhone or upgraded... so I upgraded. And it is lame of Att to charge us when we can't get it.... at least they could give us unlimited texts until we can get it.... LOL

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is not 4G!! This is only a software upgrade to the existing 3G network. This is like 3.5G. All this does is upgrade existing 3G towers, we won't have to wait till they build out more towers. By the way, AT&T is adding over 200 towers in California this year. There are a lot of spots with no 3G coverage.

4G technology is called LTE and can go from 25mb/s to 150mb/s. That won't be rolled out until 2011 or later. This is why Verizon and Sprint are trying to rush their 4G network. Their current technologies do not allow them to get to speeds this fast. They are stuck at the 1.0mb/s range. AT&T will definately have te upperhand for tHe next two years. after that it will be a fight to roll out LTE which will require a whole different generation of phones/devices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by limppp View Post
    14.4....try 300 baud. Back when the closest thing to the internet was a bunch of BBS
    and now its full of bs, bbw, brb's and other b acronyms that i cant remember lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Wonder what the price on this is going to be?
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I live in Altadena, CA just north of Pasadena. I get very little if at all 3G coverage. I wish I got Edge coverage...or at least 3 bars.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifonemaniac View Post
    1200 Baud?! That was fast. I remember when I used smoke signals to communicate.
    Smoke signals!?! I've seen cave drawings Man!! Me and the other primates were all digin it back in the day! LOL.......

Nah really, I am one of those Commodorks, PC JR, PC AT, etc... with 300 baud rate too. So, you kids that are living fast today just enjoy all this great technology. So when (your?) kids BS you about cave drawings, you can tell them that you were an Idork too.

Note: BBS = Bulletin Board Service (for those of you who don't know what BBS stood for - the prelude of Server Forums like this back in the Day!!!) Your so lucky.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

2g=$20
    3g=$30
    4g=$40

you see the trend here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    2g=$20
    3g=$30
    4g=$40

you see the trend here.
    Yah....cave drawings were alot cheaper! ==== corrected.
    Last edited by jayson9; 04-21-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Your != You're
    Where != Were

Thanks

I'm on t-mobile 1st ten iphone..this makes me want to to with AT&T in June when the new iPhone comes out..but I do t want to pay cancle fees still have 9 months to go and AT&T charge way too much but if your going to have a expensive phone you have to pay to play on one of the most addicting phone out there..