Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 16GB iPhone 3G - $149 through AT&T [REFURB]

are the refurbs covered under the one year warranty through Apple? I assume not, but wasn't sure...

I'm slow and stupid, so please explain this to me. The sale is for refurbs, right? To claim that they are clearing the shelves for a new phone, this seems kinda silly. Won't there always be refurbs? If they were to clear the shelves, wouldn't they want to clear the new stock?

I know a new phone is coming. We all do. But is a sale on refurbs a good indicator of release date coming? At least a sale on iMacs means that for every iMac sold they make room for 30 iPhones. It's all silly.

I'm going to give the losers @ AT&T a call later tonight to see what's up. It'll be a $100 savings if I go through with it so I guess it's worth it.

Edit*
    Just got off the phone with the rep, I can return it to the Apple Store and order a refurb online. It'll be a $100 savings so I guess it's well worth it.
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 04-21-2009 at 02:58 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

bishopazrael (04-22-2009)

Thanks

Its so exciting to hear of a new iphone model. Do you think all the trouble your going thru to take a new phone back and buy a refurb that you roughly got 8+ weeks to go until the new new iphone comes out. Just my 2 cents.

good deal, however i got my eye on the NEWWWWWWW one.lol

Quote Originally Posted by iamilya77 View Post
    okay...so if i go back to apple.....say i dont want my phone anymore.....they'll take it?? and then i can go to the AT&T site and buy a refurb??
    Yeah that's how it should work. The same goes with any AT&T phone, or Verizon/T-Mobile. I don't know if they give you terms of services in the Apple store but if you check them online and look the contract cancellation part of it you'll see you have 30 days before actually getting locked down (T-Mobile is 15 days though I think).

EDIT: Found the official return policy - http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...urn-policy.jsp

EDIT2: Oh hey there's a whole new page I missed where this was answered. Stupid me.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

There will be tears of joy if the next iphone is thin like the ipod touch!

Guess its a good thing he tried it like i said. And for the record you misunderstood me. He did exactly what I meant for him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    are the refurbs covered under the one year warranty through Apple? I assume not, but wasn't sure...
    you get an 8 month limited warranty from apple and complimentary phone support for a year and 8 months. well at least thats what it says when i check my warranty status.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Glad you will be able to save some cash

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    you get an 8 month limited warranty from apple and complimentary phone support for a year and 8 months. well at least thats what it says when i check my warranty status.

When I called, the rep said refurbs only get a 90-day warranty... hmm

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This maybe a stupid question but can refurb fones still covered under an applecare protection plan?

what the firmware on refubs

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stylin70 View Post
    what the firmware on refubs

.....The iPhone 3G can't run any firmware earlier than 2.0....and they usually upgrade them to at least 2.1...The question is...why are you asking? The upgrades are free last time I checked

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams491 View Post
    This maybe a stupid question but can refurb fones still covered under an applecare protection plan?
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    There will be tears of joy if the next iphone is thin like the ipod touch!
    Not from here there won't be! The touch is too thin to be held as a phone, there wouldn't be enough room for the antennae and even if they could fit everything in I'd rather they padded it out to a more comfortable shape (ie the same as the existing 3G) with a bigger battery!

Quote Originally Posted by Fhadso View Post
    .....The iPhone 3G can't run any firmware earlier than 2.0....and they usually upgrade them to at least 2.1...The question is...why are you asking? The upgrades are free last time I checked
    Probably because if it has FW 2.20 or less it can be unlocked (provided it has BB 2.28.00 or lower).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Hey guys. I have a 1G iphone and since it is only 150 i want to buy this refurb 3G iphone, but every time i go onto AT&T.com and try to select the 3G refurb it redirects me and will not let me get back to that page.

Can I upgrade to this 3G refurb with an existing contract? I've had this 1G since Fall 08.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nah, not until....around next Spring? Gotta have service for at least 1.5 years or 18 months, after you renew your contract, which is what I assume you did.

So with these lower prices....are they for AT&T customers who are eligible for upgrade? because for some reason i think im up for an upgrade (not exactly sure when i got my 1stGen iphone) and i want this phone!!! and i cant wait another couple weeks for the 'new' one

ORR could it be due to the fact that my AT&T acct is under the "FAN" discount plan? that will disable me from getting this discounted prices???
    Last edited by quanx22; 04-28-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12