+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Beta 3 Jailbreak Released (Non Dev Team)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
no it doesnt
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

no it doesnt

Thanks

is anyone finding jailbreaking benificial with the 3.0? I've been using the beta 3.0's since about a week after they were released, and the only thing I miss about my jailbroken phone is backgrounder. 3.0 really came through for me with everything I was missing on a phone. Actually, I take that back, I kinda miss notifier too. I got so burnt out on theming my phone, that I'm actually pretty happy about how my phone looks, there are just a few apps I actually miss, but 3.0 has been so much faster for me, anyone else in my boat? probably the wrong topic to ask this question though, since it's about the jb 3.0.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

jailbreak iphone on the first try, and had to restore it
    My first new iPHONE shy shy

Thanks

anyone get any video streamers (qik/flixwagon/ustream) working on beta 3?
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

It won't open on my computer, im running XP SP3, and the latest .NET... any ideas? I've redownloaded from multiple sources and it's not working still. Just won't open.

Thanks

What won't open?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

The actual QuickPWN app. for beta 3

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

IIRC Backrounder is not working on even a jailbroken 3.0 Im really liking 3.0 alot. I DO miss cycorder, backrounder and winterboard but i like the built in MMS and even more importantly A2DP... Im using the hell out of that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Found out that most jailbreak apps don't work. Don't install cydia. It will screw up iTunes store.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^actually mobile substrate screws up the itunes store.

Software from Cydia, which works on 3.0 beta 3:
    - SSH + SSL
    - MakeItMine
    - iBluetooth
    - MXTube
    - dTunes (downloading issues on beta 3)
    - xGPS
    - BossTool
    - Poof
    - Catergories
    - Liveclock
    - 5 row springboard
    - Status Notifier
    - Swap Tunes
    - xGPS
    - SysInfoPlus
    - PowerTool
    - Flashlight
    - AppFlow
    - CyDelete
    - Reflective Dock
    - Fontswap
    - Weathericon
    - ToggleSSH
    - MemTool
    - iFile
    - CallMe
    - Respring
    - about 25 more!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

almyz125 (04-22-2009), handana (04-24-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iBluetooth shuts down when ever I try to transfer a file and liveclock works but the clock app won't open??
    you tube has no network connection

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

If I touch the bottom of live clock it opens.

Try touching as low as you can on the icon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not a big point in jb besides a few things, but im gonna do it anyways cause im hoping they update winterboard and backgrounder or something

but i hafta say the worst part about this is they dont have an osx version. i hate going into windows so much that i almost didnt do this crap lol.
    Last edited by redspade04; 04-21-2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i dont know if anyone else noticed this but say you had sb settings before with 2.2.1(thats what i had) then upgraded and left the settings on like hiding an icon or having a numeric value instead of the battery it transfers to 3.0. Well in a way because i for example had my camera icon hidden because i used clear cam, well the camera icon shows up after i flash 3.0 beta 3 on the phone but once i restore my contacts and settings with itunes it hides my camera icon also i end up with a percent value representing the battery all the time along with the normal battery icon. I believe this is due to sb settings although i could be wrong because i think i had the stocks icon hidden and it shows up no matter what. any thoughts on this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

My phone keeps going straight into safe mode. Anyone know why? I been messing with the apn settings but I don't think that matters.
    Right now they match sleaths example

Thanks

Your APN settings certainly aren't the problem! Restore and start again.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello everybody, im an iphone user from Turkey, but i bought the phone from the USA. therefore, i m not an AT&T user but with a chip i got from the USA, i was able to use my carrier in Turkey with iPhone. 2 months ago i upgraded my iPhone from iTunes and until that time i never used any JailBreak stuff. after the upgrade finished it blocked my iphone from getting any signal for the carrier and altough i inserted a 3G supported sim card to activate it did not accept. after this 3.0 Beta 3 Jailbreak i tried once again but couldnt succeed. i found 3.0 firmware for iphone used that also but still not working. is there anyone who can guide me what to do from the first step cuz im really new for jailbreaking.

thanx in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi. It sounds like that you are on a 2.30 baseband as a result of flashing 3.0 Beta firmware. There is currently no unlock solution for the beta firmware. You will need to search for a thread in this very forum, to downgrade your baseband to 2.28 (the only baseband that currently can be unlocked by the dev teams yell0snow unlocker via jailbreaking).

I would suggest that you probably don't have a developers account either and therefore your iphone will be useless to you until you first downgrade/flash back to firmware 2.2.1 and then downgrade your baseband to 2.2.8 You will then need to Jailbreak your iPhone (you'll get Cydia back then) and can then use the dev teams yellosn0w software unlock available through Cydia. This will unlock your phone to use with any sim card withoit the need for your 3rd party sim unlocking chip.

I'm no expert in this area but there are some very useful and detailed tutorials on this forum that if followed carefully, should get you up and running again in no time.

Word of advice....DON'T flash any beta firmware like OS 3.0 again as it is intended for developers only with developers accounts and only an advanced iPhone user (who is not a developer should be playing around with the beta firmware).

Good luck.

Thanks

OK - Flashing FW 3.0 Beta will have upgraded your BB to 4.2x - you can't doewngrade the BB but you don't need to as you were using a piggyback SIM (the 'chip' you insert with your SIM). These are FW specific so you will need a new one for FW 2.21 if you downgrade to that, if you stay with 3.0 you will need to have your UDID added to a dev account and you will need a piggyback SIM that supports 3.0

21. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

iMack007 (04-25-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    These are FW specific so you will need a new one for FW 2.21 if you downgrade to that, if you stay with 3.0 you will need to have your UDID added to a dev account and you will need a piggyback SIM that supports 3.0
    thank u for posts, both. sorry but i didnt get what do i need as a new one? and the previous message is not sufficient or what.

sorry for bothering, thanx again