+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Rumor] SlingBox's SlingPlayer Rejected From App Store by AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Gotta say that it would be funnier than hell if the Slingbox app wasn't released on Apple and was released on Cydia. The reason being is that Cydia is considered
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Gotta say that it would be funnier than hell if the Slingbox app wasn't released on Apple and was released on Cydia. The reason being is that Cydia is considered pirating by Apple. Since Slingbox is owned by Dish Network who is always trying to prevent pirating of their satellite system and says that they are losing billions each year to it for them to release their App on Cydia would be feeding different pirates. I doubt that they would ever release it to Cydia. Worst case, Slingbox app gets released on Apple but through wireless connection only.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone Still Awaiting Approval, Despite Rumors From "Sling in the News", A Blog by SlingCommunity News: Sling Community

Sling added a few more comments to the sling iPhone page:

"The team has been working hard to bring the SlingPlayer Mobile experience to the iPhone and iPod Touch. We've submitted the first release of our application to the iPhone App Store. We are in close contact with our partners at Apple and are optimistic that it will be approved soon. We hope the wait won't be much longer. In the mean time, take a sneak peek!"

Sling Media - SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone (Coming Soon)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
    i disagree. they had the app and didnt release because they were trying to get it right and release it through the app store. they were smart in trying the legit way first and if it worked they would make a WHOLE LOT more money in the app store than on cydia.

now if it is truly been rejected all together than i think they would be foolish to not release it on cydia.

sorry to disagree with ya on that on stealth

J/K got nothing but love for ya!

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Funny, Sundays Best Buy add had the sling box in it, and it said something to the effect of..." watch it anywhere, even on the iPhone. " it did specificly mention the iPhone in the ad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    Funny, Sundays Best Buy add had the sling box in it, and it said something to the effect of..." watch it anywhere, even on the iPhone. " it did specificly mention the iPhone in the ad.
    I can verify this. I just checked out the ad. It was for the Slingbox Solo. Come on apple, just approve it and release it. 4 weeks and waiting anxiously.
    Last edited by mombopete; 04-28-2009 at 07:59 AM.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123