Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T FamilyMap for Spying on Wife/Kids

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If you do make it to England and find yourself in the Woking area give me a shout and I'll buy you a pint.

I think you'll find we probably disagree on a lot less than you think!
    I just might take you up on that! Was good having this discussion
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Default Not for iPhone
    After failing to get the application to register both my iPhones, I called AT&T. Per AT&T, this application will not work with Iphone. So is there any real reason to debate it on an iPhone website?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^it won't work with the iPhone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

Look at it this way it can be a Iphone locator too. If you loose your phone you can use this to find it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I tried it out on my account and could track the iPhones on my account. They're all 3Gs on 2.2.1 and mine is the only one jailbroke (my dad, sis and gf aren't into that stuff they say).

The only problem I had with the findmyi.org service (which I did try) is that I could never receive calls! I'm never on 3G and the phone was always updating its location to the website over Edge and I had everyone leaving me voice messages that said "Your phone never rings, it must be broken". I probably had the update frequency set too often but I got frustrated with it and dropped it pretty quick.

As far as this service goes, I have a feeling that on AT&T's back-end this isn't any kind of major advancement. They've always been able to track your location (and pass it on to DoHS/NSA). Now they've just wrapped it up and put a bow around it with a website and monthly fee for us to use it too

I think I'll cancel the service when the trial is up though. I'd only use it to find phones that were lost/stolen and since there is no setup on the phone itself, I'd just sign up for it on an as needed basis.

kayak

PS. Thanks for the "thanks".
    Last edited by NHSKayak; 04-20-2009 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Added PS

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

good to know. maybe i will try it out since there is a free 30 day trial

Can't you just turn 3G off?

Thanks

I personally think it is ok the people complaining about it are probably the ones who are cheating on their spouses or significant others....that is why you complain, someone in the first page of this thread said "I paid for that phone I wanna know where its at." I think it is so true you bought it so track it...and its not invasion of privacy the Govt does it when you are always on it surfing or using your GPS on maps...So...???
    Dont be that guy..!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think its all depends on how it is used. If it is used with good intentions, then no harm done lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123