Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pocket Tunes Radio Plays Sirius XM on iPhone

sirius just raised their prices for online streaming @ 128K. Also, pocket tunes seems promising, but it just doesn't cut it with Siruis' web stream, any little hiccup with your 3G connection and you get buffering; EDGE forget it, you need Wifi or be standing next to a cell tower with more than full 3G to enjoy listening without frequent stops and buffering. (it looks like its more the software+web issue, because only sirius seems to have the constant buffering, other internet radio is okay, although I've been hard pressed to find a 128K stream. (by the way, i got the same "buffering" when i changed my sirius stream down to 32Kbps - if it can't play 32Kbps on 3G smoothly, then I dunno what it's good for.)

so...if there is a way to rip off sirius, I'd like to know. Because with them shutting down Starplayr, raising prices, and never delivering on their own iPhone app, **** em.

I don't have buffering issues whatsoever on 3g. Not sure what your issue is. Only lose it when i get a phone call and have to restart the app and stream. Considering it is the only option out there for sirius.. im loving it

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

i listen to Sirius on my iPhone all day long with Pocket Tunes. over 3G. it drops to buffer maybe twice a day at the most.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Best app ever for me as far as music goes.

Just wanted to update everyone on rumors circulating about an iPhone Sirius app.

From SiriusXMnews.com:

"Look for an official announcement from Sirius XM Radio on May 11th about their new iPhone app.

Not sure if it will be released that day but there might be a good chance.

That is all for now. If I find out more I will post it up.

PS: Right now this is a rumor, I will confirm when I can."

Sirius XM Radio iPhone app: Announcement May 11th 2009 | Sirius XM News

I've tried Orb & isirius on my older Blackberry and had a horrific time trying to get it up-n-running. Now w/ the new iphone and PocketTunes, it'sa pleasure.

...screamer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12