+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Assassin's Creed Coming to the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
IGN managed to grab a sneak peak of the soon to be released Assassin's Creed iPhone game. Expected to hit the App Store some time soon (maybe as early as
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Default Assassin's Creed Coming to the iPhone

IGN managed to grab a sneak peak of the soon to be released Assassin's Creed iPhone game. Expected to hit the App Store some time soon (maybe as early as next week) the iPhone version of the game is based strongly on Ubisoft's Altair's Chronicles, which is the DS prequel to the very first Assassin's Creed game. In the game you play as master assassin Altair and you are on a mission to explore the Holy Land to find "The Chalice" with the goal of ending the crusades. The iPhone version combines stealth, action, combat, and problem solving to create a (hopefully) awesome game. The iPhone version has the addition of "mini-games" within the main game, touchscreen controls (that hopefully will work well), the ability to upgrade Alitar with six different weapons, and what looks like some awesome 3D graphics.

It is exciting to see more console titles make it to the iPhone and if it comes anywhere close to the original which poetic_folly calls "freakin awesome -- best game i've played on ps3, with possible exception of call of duty and i've played over 4 games on ps3" it should be a great addition to the lineup of games available on the iPhone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

kawere (04-15-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

wow graphics look awesome in this.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wonder how much it'll cost.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiPSET08 View Post
    IGN is guessing between $5.99 and $9.99

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Its refreshing to see games of this calibre coming out for the iphone. Actually pushing the envelope a little.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    IGN is guessing between $5.99 and $9.99
    Not too bad, I'll probably get it if it gets good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Its refreshing to see games of this calibre coming out for the iphone. Actually pushing the envelope a little.
    So true, I want to see GTA or other games like this make it to the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    omg, assassins creed was my all time favorite game. i cant wait for it to come out on iphone!!! the ending was so unexpected and amazing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiPSET08 View Post
    Free.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    poetic_folly calls [Assasin's Creed] "freakin awesome -- best game i've played on ps3, with possible exception of call of duty and i've played over 4 games on ps3"
    LOL! I've had my PS3 since launch and I certainly understand the sarcasm in that. Granted, I got CoD4:MW, CoD:WaW, and Assassin's Creed on PC (CoD3 on Wii). The PS3's exclusives aren't enough, though I've more than justified it as a Blu-Ray Disc player.

Also, let's stop comparing a DS port/recreation to the console game. Penny Arcade made it clear that whoever's job it was to water down that game to make a portable version was not to be envied and they shuddered to imagine the results (Altair's Chronicles).

Banned
    Thanks

This is what MGS on the iphone should've looked like.
    I doubt it'll look like that but if it does then I guess I will have to buy my first game on the iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

**EDIT CPJR - Not allowed and useless.**
    Last edited by cpjr; 04-15-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks

I can't wait to play it. :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL Screen shot 3. Look at the planking vs. the body size. its huge! they need to work on the scaling aspect lol. Looks good though for the iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This game would be great but just got to hope they don't make it as repetitive as the next gen systems version.

Thanks

this is awesome I love how actually legit official console titles are converted over to the mobile iphone community, no matter what the cost it will get insane money I cant WAIT!!!!

Thanks
    Looks good. It reminds me a lot of the DS version.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it would be pretty B-A to see Pokemon
    yes i still play pokemon(just the earlier versions) up to like fire red and leaf green. (prob unrelated and useless but i would like to se somemore portable games from gameboy advance make its way to iPhone and iPod Touch

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks pretty sweet!! On a side note, I'd LOVE to see some of the Tomb Raider series ported to, or even newly developed for the iPhone. I think Core would have probably gone for it, but I'm not sure Crystal Dynamics (I think that's who owns the rights to it now) will have a go at it. Controls would have to be somewhat basic now, but once 3.0 officially goes live, the options for developing games to use a wired, or possibly even a Bluetooth controller are very intriguing.

I think that would REALLY open up some great possibilities.
    Last edited by andygev35; 04-16-2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenfly View Post
    it would be pretty B-A to see Pokemon
    yes i still play pokemon(just the earlier versions) up to like fire red and leaf green. (prob unrelated and useless but i would like to se somemore portable games from gameboy advance make its way to iPhone and iPod Touch
    I would kill for a Pokemon iPhone game that could communicate with a DS. Even if it's just a ranch-type game. Hell, I'd be happy with a pokedex.

But yeah, like someone else said, I hope it's less repetitive than the next-gen variation. The game was pretty but the story and gameplay was absolutely HORRIBLE. You did the exact same thing NINE times, which the enemies getting a little more annoying each time.

Go to town / do assassination / beat beggar / go to friendly assassin / do another assassination / got enough for final kill? do final kill

repeat 8 times and add a final segement (which sucks) and you have the game.

It's sad though because it's SO PRETTY. At least Assassin's Creed 2 seems to fix most of those issues and it's set on the Renaissance! DA VINCI builds stuff for you!

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I would kill for a Pokemon iPhone game that could communicate with a DS. Even if it's just a ranch-type game. Hell, I'd be happy with a pokedex.
    Yeah, this would be cool, but only in our wildest dreams will this ever happen. I don't think nintendo has done any games for any console aside from their own ever since the famicom.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings