Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
04-14-2009, 08:04 PM #1
iPhone 3.0 Beta 3 Seeded. New SDK Too!
Apple is keeping up with their firmware 3.0 beta release cycle of every two weeks. This evening Apple seeded iPhone 3.0 beta 3 firmware (build 7A280f) to those registered in the iPhone Developer Program.
Things to note:
- Spotlight now saves last search.
- “Applications targeting devices prior to iPhone OS 3.0 beta cannot be tested in this seed. This bug is intended to be ﬁxed in a future seed.”
- MMS and tethering still possible with modified carrier bundle.
- Speed improvements.
- Youtube works.
- iPod icon aligned.
- You can change the homepage you want to go to on double tap.
- Parental controls add In-App Purchase and Location options.
New in Xcode IDE 3.1 and later
- The assistant interface has been completely revamped, making it easier to create “New Project”, “New Target”, and “New File” resources. This release of Xcode also adds new assistant templates for both Mac OS X and iPhone OS applications.
- A new Overview toolbar item lets you see and set the project’s active Target, Conﬁguration, Executable, Architecture, and SDK with a single control.
- It is now possible to set a global “override” SDK as the Active SDK, making it easy to test the build of your entire project against a different platform.
- New interface shortcuts have been added to the Build Setting inspectors making it easy to set the desired compiler, architectures, and SDKs
- You can now add Libraries and Frameworks directly into the Target window and relate them to the project’s SDK.
- The Xcode UI now allows you to designate a library or framework as weak-linked, to support building with newer SDKs while targeting older OS versions.
- New “Edit all in scope” option within the Xcode source editor makes it easy to update all instances of the selected symbol within the current scope of code.
- You can now have conditional build settings assigned for any combination of architecture and SDK.
- LLVM GCC 4.2 is a new optional compiler based on the LLVM.org open source project. LLVM GCC 4.2 provides an LLVM-based back-end optimizer using the GCC 4.2 front-end parser. This compiler is both source and binary compatible with GCC 4.2 and requires the Mac OS X 10.5 SDK or “Current OS” SDK.
- GCC 4.2 is a new optional compiler with stricter C and C++ language enforcement, security enhancements, performance optimizations, and bug ﬁxes over GCC 4.0. Requires the Mac OS X 10.5 SDK or “Current OS” SDK
- New drag & drop functionality allows easily re-parenting objects with the normal drag gesture
- The document outline view has been enhanced to support full drag re-ordering.
- A new string table interface allows localizers to make quick text changes across documents.
- Generates XIB ﬁles that are more diff friendly while retaining full backwards compatibility with Interface Builder 3.0.
- Now supports previewing image resource content in Carbon controls.
- You can now use Dashcode to create web aiPhone, as well as Dashboard widgets.
Last edited by DoerrFan; 04-14-2009 at 08:09 PM.
04-14-2009, 08:06 PM #2
04-14-2009, 08:06 PM #3
Spotlight is just being put into the beta?Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
If I didn't, press it anyway.
04-14-2009, 08:15 PM #4
EDIT: so I just downloaded and installed 3.0,
honestly, it simply seems faster and nicer to use.
Other than that, no significant cosmetic changes (maybe icon editations like the iPod icon already noted in the original post)
Oh yeah! the ONE thing I did notice was this...
lol kinda tripped me out a bit. But it's whatever. Finished installing and all is good now. I just wish there was more to this update though
Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 04-14-2009 at 10:41 PM.-[r]
if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]
04-14-2009, 08:18 PM #5
mmmm i got mms in my 3.0 beta 2 and is not working let's see the beta 3
04-14-2009, 08:20 PM #6
mms works on att usa with modified ipcc file.
i also dont have the iphone plan.
04-14-2009, 08:23 PM #7
04-14-2009, 08:26 PM #8
I wonder if anything else got updated...
I need a spot on someone's dev. thing.
Let me know through here (PM).
Last edited by DiPSET08; 04-14-2009 at 08:41 PM.
04-14-2009, 08:31 PM #9
updating soon myself done by tonight haha, i probably wont jailbreak even if there is one that comes out for 3b. jailbroke on 2b really didn't benefit anything. mms works on yours, but your not on iphone plan, thats i think the thing that needed to be changed. I myself was there when some ppl first started talking about calling ATT and getting it set for dev, snooper boxes checked OTA push ect.... but i failed... 23 times actualy i called haha. so anyone have mms work with normal iphone plan... doubtful but one can dream right?
Last edited by zalos66; 04-14-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
04-14-2009, 08:34 PM #10
hey if anyone is interested ill pay 10 $ for a spot on a dev account or maybe we can get a few people and buy one? idk how it all works.
04-14-2009, 08:40 PM #11
04-14-2009, 08:42 PM #12
oh and im not a dev myself just have a spot so dont pm me asking for one ill let you know if i find some
Last edited by zalos66; 04-14-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
04-14-2009, 08:42 PM #13
04-14-2009, 08:44 PM #14
04-14-2009, 08:46 PM #15
04-14-2009, 08:51 PM #16
I've also noticed a faster camera and a higher quality of pictures in low light situations.
04-14-2009, 08:56 PM #17
a quick warning to everyone.....an article on appleinsider said "Apple did warn developers that an issue with beta 3 of iPhone Software 3.0 will prevent them from running iPhone apps that have been compiled for earlier version of the iPhone software, but said it hopes to resolve the issue with the release of the next beta." now i'm not sure if this means all current apps for 2.2.1 or apps being developed for 3.0. but if its the former, then thats not good for anyone here just looking to get their hands on the firmware to use with their primary phone.....has anyone tested it out yet to see whats up?
just wanted to put this out there before an onslaught of complaints about app crashes, and a whole bunch of needless restoring.
04-14-2009, 08:57 PM #18
04-14-2009, 08:59 PM #19
04-14-2009, 09:01 PM #20