+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Beta 3 Seeded. New SDK Too!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Supposed to be out in July officialy. But you can always pay someone 5 bucks on eBay for the software link and a spot on their dev ccoumt so you
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Supposed to be out in July officialy. But you can always pay someone 5 bucks on eBay for the software link and a spot on their dev ccoumt so you cam upgrade to the beta 3.0. It's a pretty stable release now. I use it daily on my phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does tethering work on pc or is it only mac?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Andy51081's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kendo88 View Post
    does tethering work on pc or is it only mac?
    Yes I can confirm tethering works on a pc, but only via bluetooth connection. To tether you need a mac and the SDK installed on it, but works perfectly via Bluetooth on a pc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok,if you have tethering working on a PC via bluetooth then maybe you can help me out. I have tried this on both Vista and Windows 7, but i cant get it to work. I can not get my phone to pair with my pc, on windows 7 for example, i add device, it finds the iphone, it gives a code on screen and asks to confirm its the same as the one that pops up on the iphone screen, i press pair on both PC and iphone, then my PC searches for drivers for 'bluetooth peripheral device' and cannot find any, this happens on both vista and 7, any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Andy51081's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you using a dongle or built in bluetooth on your pc? You may need to install the disk that came with it if it is a dongle.

I use a dongle, and the connect using the network service through the Bluetooth software.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    built in bluetooth on my sony vaio

Green Apple
    Thanks

ive spots left over pm me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok ive tried everything, no bluetooth tethering for me.....the driver wont install for anything

scrap that. its working =]
    Last edited by kendo88; 04-18-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak? iTouchedMyTouch's Avatar
    Thanks
    I downloaded a copy for my 2G Touch, but I'm scared to upgrade in case I can't downgrade

I'm such a noob

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

they patched pasting in messaging so you cant paste pics for the 2g

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^too bad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok,if you have tethering working on a PC via bluetooth then maybe you can help me out. I have tried this on both Vista and Windows 7, but i cant get it to work. I can not get my phone to pair with my pc, on windows 7 for example, i add device, it finds the iphone, it gives a code on screen and asks to confirm its the same as the one that pops up on the iphone screen, i press pair on both PC and iphone, then my PC searches for drivers for 'bluetooth peripheral device' and cannot find any, this happens on both vista and 7, any ideas?
    I have this exact same problem, did you get it working or did you give up like I think I will.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yes i did get it working. Remove your iphone from your bluetooth list. connect again, do the code pairing, and when it starts to install the devices it will fail on the peripheral device, ignore it. then go to connect a network, and connect to a PAN bluetooth network, select iphone as an access point and it works!! obviously you have to have tethering turned on. (Sorry im not more detailed with the steps, i did it on vista, and im currently on windows 7, so the network places are completely different!)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kendo88 For This Useful Post:

x64Man (04-22-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my 3.0 dont have a place to select tethering or am i not looking hard enough

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes i did get it working. Remove your iphone from your bluetooth list. connect again, do the code pairing, and when it starts to install the devices it will fail on the peripheral device, ignore it. then go to connect a network, and connect to a PAN bluetooth network, select iphone as an access point and it works!! obviously you have to have tethering turned on. (Sorry im not more detailed with the steps, i did it on vista, and im currently on windows 7, so the network places are completely different!)
    Thanks, I managed to get it working in Windows 7, just clicked bluetooth icon in the system tray, clicked join a personal area network and right clicked iPhone and connect to access point.

Thanks

Default A couple of questions...
    Hello, all. I just got a factory unlocked 3G from Italy (Part No. MB489T/A) which I would like to upgrade to the 3.0 Beta. I've been using Beta 3 on my old 3G from AT&T which of course is unlockable as of yet, and I love it!

First, will upgrading to the Beta lock my phone to AT&T? I have a personal T-Mobile account that I'd like to start using with this new iPhone. Should I wait for the official release of 3.0?

Second, can anyone PM me with an available dev account slot? I am willing to donate

Thanks a bunch!

(Sorry, that was more than a couple of questions)

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Cory:

June is the expected timeframe for 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by emarty69 View Post
    Hello, all. I just got a factory unlocked 3G from Italy (Part No. MB489T/A) which I would like to upgrade to the 3.0 Beta. I've been using Beta 3 on my old 3G from AT&T which of course is unlockable as of yet, and I love it!

First, will upgrading to the Beta lock my phone to AT&T? I have a personal T-Mobile account that I'd like to start using with this new iPhone. Should I wait for the official release of 3.0?

Second, can anyone PM me with an available dev account slot? I am willing to donate

Thanks a bunch!

(Sorry, that was more than a couple of questions)

See my post in the "General iPhone Chat" about how to use 3.0 WITHOUT needing a Dev account, since you're on T-Mobile.
    Last edited by coloradoxmfan; 04-24-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to coloradoxmfan For This Useful Post:

emarty69 (04-24-2009)

Thanks

Will do. Thanks!
    Any idea if it will lock my phone? The only thing I've been able to google is someone having trouble getting a signal after trying to downgrade back to 2.2.1. No mention of locking a factory unlocked iPhone, but with no signal, that would suck even more...
    I don't plan on downgrading, but the poster of that message never mentioned if he was using a carrier other than AT&T after the upgrade.
    Last edited by emarty69; 04-24-2009 at 05:49 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have a factory unlocked phone, it should remain unaffected. I can't swear to it, but I have yet to hear of anyone with a factory unlock having any issues... But I am by no means an authority