+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Beta 3 Seeded. New SDK Too!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yea i restored to beta 3 without jailbreak and everything works. I guess we need to wait for quickpwn 30-3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea i restored to beta 3 without jailbreak and everything works. I guess we need to wait for quickpwn 30-3

iPhone? More like MyPhone Andy51081's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xsublimefrekx View Post
    i have searched and read a lot about my problem and it seems like no one in this thread has had this problem. I upgraded to 3.0 b2 and when itunes comes up there is the iphone on the left and then just a blank screen on the right where i should be able to sync and do all that stuff. i thought maybe it would be fixed in 3.0 b3 but it is still the same. I dont really care because i have my numbers stored other places but its a pain to type them all in again. Anyone have any insight for helping me that would be awesome. Thanks
    Are you using the most recent iTunes? Think it's 8.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes i have the latest itunes

Thanks

Try uninstalling iTunes completely and reinstalling or have you tried that too? Doesn't sound like a phone problem, but i could be wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

all my apps work perfectly fine too. Thank god I dont have this problem.
    **Ok, I'll direct you.....Google**
    Last edited by cpjr; 04-15-2009 at 12:44 PM.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes a few times. Im on a mac os X 10.4 if that makes any difference

Thanks

Sorry man, i'm a windows user, but isn't there a newer version of the OSX? I looked on google and found nothing like you found.

You dont think it has anything to do with the computer authorisation limit do you, i know you get 5 but not sure what happens if you reach/exceed it, just a thought, probably not though, lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there a way to jailbreak the 3.0 Beta on Mac OS X or is it only for Windows?
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So there isn't a new jb yet

Thanks

can anyone verify that the beta 3 works, and all apps work if you do a restore from your beta 2 backup? Or do you have to do a clean install like the previous ones to get everything to work, i.e. YouTube.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

There seems to be issues with jailbreakinf beta 3 with beta2 fw. The appstore apps crash. I restored to beta 3 and ill wait for a specific beta 3 jb i spose.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Update: This method is busted. App store apps will not launch! It is basically beta 3 running with a beta 2 kernel. Quickpwn030-3 should be released late tonight/early morning.

Thanks

I just updated to beta 3 and everything is working fine

Faster and more stable, and mms seem to send quicker too

All my apps still work.

I held shift and clicked on update rather than restore, everything seems fine.

iPhone 3G 8gb
    Windows xp
    o2-UK
    Quote Originally Posted by jballa9 View Post
    can anyone verify that the beta 3 works, and all apps work if you do a restore from your beta 2 backup? Or do you have to do a clean install like the previous ones to get everything to work, i.e. YouTube.
    Yeah I can confirm all my apps work after "updating" to beta 3.
    Last edited by Andy51081; 04-15-2009 at 06:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

seriously can anyone add me... to this 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can someone please add me to the dev for free

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy51081 View Post
    Yeah I can confirm all my apps work after "updating" to beta 3.

Thanks, I can confirm it myself now too, all apps working just fine so far, seems faster, selecting text with copy and paste actually seems harder so far. But for anyone else concerned, so far beta 3 works just fine for me

Green Apple
    Thanks
    as well, without jailbreak, 3.0 b3 runs smoother overall, apps all work and seem to work better actualy, less crashes, app store works fine, copy and paste as already noted also much smother and easy to use. computer desktop encyclopedia however still constantly crashes.... sad cause i wanted to use that in classes but i can wait. overall much better. i can hold off on jailbreak for a while

edit:

also texting runs better as well. smother transition between contacts im texting and changing landscape portrait mode is much much smoother. spotlight seems to be smoother as well.. you know what ill just say everything is smoother cause it is.

also... (shows you the last time i checked it) when did they add double tap camera shortcut?? i like that
    Last edited by zalos66; 04-16-2009 at 01:08 AM. Reason: side note

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Just Wondering
    I love the new 3.0 update Apple put out. Everything runs a ton smoother especially text messages, it was horrible before now.

Did anyone notice it lets you edit contacts from recents and such? Thats awesome I've been wanting that since my 2g haha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

now im having a strange problem with 3.0 b3 it will sync all my music but none of it shows up on my phone. i have tried it many different ways updating to 3.0 from a fresh 2.2.1 setting up as a new phone and syncing, restoring from previous and no dice.

ideas anyone?

Thanks

Default release date?
    ok I've been all over this site for about 3 hours now and still can't find anything. Have there been any rumors about when this will be out for everyone? I'm looking forward to the 3.0, but don't feel like begging for a spot on a dev account (want to maintain my pride as much as I can during a divorce). I had a blast modding my iPhone 2g and want to take it calmer now that I'm back with att with the 3g. any news about when this is supposed to be released to all is great. The only thing I have heard is sometime this summer.