+ Reply
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 3G Baseband from 2.30 to 2.28

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jam426 I have tried just about everything and have been trying to do for about 2 days straight now...it's so frustrating I want to cry. I just
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jam426 View Post
    I have tried just about everything and have been trying to do for about 2 days straight now...it's so frustrating I want to cry. I just spent 200 dollars and bought my iphone 3g off ebay and all I want to do is unlock it! My firmware is 2.2 and baseband is 2.30.03 which i completely don't understand and have no idea how the baseband was changed and not the firmware. Maybe im doing something wrong in tattoos steps but I can never get the bootloader information to show up after i type in that command my no sim changes to searching and then my phone automatically cuts off. So I'm really not even sure what my bootloader is. I know you guys are sick of hearing these dumb questions but I am desperate and need any help I can get and in the "dummy" form, not that smart with all of this. please and thank you for you guys time and effort!

-Jenny

Did you try the video I found on YouTube on page 11?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I update my FW to 2.2.1 , does my BL update too? Because my BL is now : 5.08
    So will it update to 5.09 ? Or does it stay still on 5.08?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

quickno

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default question
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolMan0 View Post
    Sorry about that
    after you put the 3 files on you iphone in terminal
    you do the following commands
    1. Type in: su
    2. Type in the password: alpine
    3. Type in: cd /var/root
    4. Type in: chmod 755 BBUpdaterExtreme
    5. Type in: launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    6. Type in: ./BBUpdaterExtreme queryversion

after the "launchctl unload ..." you should get the searching in the top
    do the next command
    and you should see something like the pic i posted above
    continue on if you see "ICE2_BOOT_05.08_...", if not that then you have 5.9
    if you do continue and your iphone restarts carry on from here
    1. Type in: su
    2. Type in the password: alpine
    3. Type in: cd /var/root
    4. Type in: chmod 755 BBUpdaterExtreme
    5. Type in: launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    6. Type in: ./BBUpdaterExtreme update -f ICE2_02.28.00.fls -e ICE2_02.28.00.eep
    7. Reboot Device

I hope this helps you.
    and that you have the 5.8 not the 5.9

do i tap return after everything i put it, like include the slashes? or do the slashes stand for return? just confused about the launchctl unload and the getting the searching and then doing the next command...oh and also i cannot seem to put my files in var/root or whereever you put them mine always end up in the private folder of var. thanks sooo much for your help though!!

Quote Originally Posted by carlos.michell View Post
    Did you try the video I found on YouTube on page 11?
    I can't seem to find it...

Found it and it didn't work, as of right now I just want to know my baseband...is it 5.8 or 5.9? And I can't find out it won't let me it always says something about the directory not found...it was bought back in sept of 2008 so I'm guessing it is 5.8 but who knows...
    Last edited by jam426; 04-21-2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea just type it in
    case matters, put the slashes (/var/root), hit return at the end of each line
    yea putting them in /var/root or /private/var/root just as long as when you type the command in make sure you go to the specified location (i mean the command that is cd /var/root)

Green Apple
    Thanks

got it to work through downbb in iclarified.. but dont get a signal all the time and phone goes into recovery mode when i goes into standby mode..very often. can't turn phone on for ages pisses me right off..can't even use my three network sim properly in my iphone i spent loadsa money on...i can't see an unlock fully working ever with my three uk sim....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Three UK works perfectly fine for me. Make sure you have 3G enabled at all times as Three require it to be on.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Green Apple
    Thanks

can you tell me your settings (location services on etc,data roaming)... and what apps you have installed please.. so i can deduct whether it's an app or something messing up... cheers

Thanks

I'd do a clean install of 2.20 and see if it works.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Umm I have a quick question.
    I saw in multiple places that if my iPhone was manufactured before Sept. 2008 that it would have Boot Loader Version 05.08.
    Well, I checked it the other day and it shows that it's 05.09. The iPhone was purchased Aug. 2008 so that got me thinking..did some of the updates change the Boot Loader? I know that it's nearly impossible, so I'm kind of lost..

Thanks

The bootloader will not have changed.
    BL 5.09 was introduced around Sept 08, yours must have been one of the first.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Achy View Post
    I saw in multiple places that if my iPhone was manufactured before Sept. 2008 that it would have Boot Loader Version 05.08.
    Well, I checked it the other day and it shows that it's 05.09. The iPhone was purchased Aug. 2008 so that got me thinking..did some of the updates change the Boot Loader? I know that it's nearly impossible, so I'm kind of lost..
    Run the downgrader if it works have fun it not just wait.

the downgrader will not hurt you iphone if it is not 5.8

hope it works for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ^^Exactly. Sept. 08. My phone was manufactured along with the first 3G's. It makes no sense.

^I have ran it. "Getting EBL Version" Times out whenever I try to do it. Everything else is OK except that.

Thanks

so you ran it and it time out and stops after 10 times right
    then you are out of luck

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

@shik1, I'd do a clean restore and see if it works.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolMan0 View Post
    so you ran it and it time out and stops after 10 times right
    then you are out of luck
    Correct. Thanks anyway.

Thanks

Just got a warranty replacement 3G 8GB today, it has bootloader 6.04... wow lol
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Just got a warranty replacement 3G 8GB today, it has bootloader 6.04... wow lol
    Ouch, that sux! lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope OS 3.0 comes out soon with a software unlock method because this i-smartphone sim unlocker blows. After 24 hours the iPhone is saying "no SIM" whats the point if I only have the phone working for 24 hours then I have to put it back into a T-Mobile phone? Pleae tell me OS 3.0 is coming out like June 1 :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Achy View Post
    Quick update.

Apple patched BL 5.08 to 5.09 in week 28 which is the week the 3G was released but existing phones with BL 5.08 were still being sold until September 2008.
    Apple are very quick at patching holes when they are found which is why the Dev Team will not release anything until FW3.0 is officially released - or it will be closed down before then.