Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Three iPhones to be Announced in June?

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it june yet?!? Jeez?!? Gimme, gimme, gimme
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

I hope it is all metal.............

Quote Originally Posted by Blik View Post
    I hope it is all metal.............
    Why? So you can't get a signal?
    The 2G had a metal back with plastic covering the aerial. The 3G has a plastic back because it has 2 aerials.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I love the look of that.. Its more like the iPod Touch.

idk i had pics of the 3g about 3months b4 they came out.
    it showed a whit black and red iphone almost exactly like what was released.

you guys got to think about it they cant really change the look of the phone, cuz of the screen. who would want an iphone with a 2" screen? or anything smaller than we have now...?
    i think that apple should make three different models to suit everyones needs. i liked one pic i saw online i thought would look cool for little kids and elderly ppl, nice simple and has some memory for music and games.
    Last edited by skhaim01; 04-14-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im sure the new phone will be nice i herd appl put in orders for 3.2 & 5.0 sensor pixel things so im thinkin highend iphone then the hand me down walmart version hopefully on the new phone will see 2 cameras in the front and in the back hopefully with an ichat app or something

thats not a real picture from Apple, its some bored guy in photoshop, Jesus apple wouldnt realese it or make it so ugly.

Why do news sites have to post these pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    I don't think it's gonna happen, it would defeat the purpose of the touch screen and I think Steve hates slider (fixed) keyboard.
    See what he said at the first 2007 iPhone launch:

ur partially correct.

Apple saw a problem, in that you either needed to use a stylus to type, or you needed a phsyical keyboard, both, were annoying to use for small things. The problem with the iPhone is that while it cured the biggest problem that most smartphones had, it created a new one with the on screen only keyboard. It takes the limited screen, and takes 50-70% of it away for keyboard.

Typing long paragraphs is something the iPhone is not user friendly for. If you've ever watched a sidekick user man, can they fly on those things. Apple is right, we absolutely need the on screen keyboards, BUT, we also need a physical one.

The physical keyboard will also give use dedicated keys/buttons, things we can use for gaming also.

Quote Originally Posted by Garage Battle View Post
    BUT, we also need a physical one.
    You might do, but I certainly don't!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i dont care what the new one looks like. it'll be in my pocket on the day of its release.

Why?

Thanks

It's likely that if an Edge phone actually was sold in the US, it would be $30 for the Data plan anyways. You don't pay "more" for 3G, it just has to do with different methods of which the phone was sold. Now that Apple is using the subsidized model, it fits in with normal smartphones which requires the $30 DATA Plan.

if anyone noticed, i don't think its the picture, there is no mute/vibrate button on top of the volume.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Typing long paragraphs is something the iPhone is not user friendly for. If you've ever watched a sidekick user man, can they fly on those things.
    True that, but I do believe some the purposes of an iPhone is to make a call, to send a fast & simple text messages, a little browsing, a little game (to kill time).

I might be mistaken, but ... We have another option for typing a long paragraphs.
    Try this: The world smallest laptop:

Perfect screen size for reading and typing, isn't it?

Apple is right, we absolutely need the on screen keyboards, BUT, we also need a physical one. The physical keyboard will also give use dedicated keys/buttons, things we can use for gaming also.
    Well ... to each his own.
    For me ... a phone is a phone, not a gaming device.
    It's a smart phone because I can also use it to browse the net, to respond (quickly) my emails, to text my girl to find out what we would have for dinner, and to use the GPS feature, to listen to my favorite jams while waiting and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    True that, but I do believe some the purposes of an iPhone is to make a call, to send a fast & simple text messages, a little browsing, a little game (to kill time).

I might be mistaken, but ... We have another option for typing a long paragraphs.
    Try this: The world smallest laptop:

Perfect screen size for reading and typing, isn't it?

Well ... to each his own.
    For me ... a phone is a phone, not a gaming device.
    It's a smart phone because I can also use it to browse the net, to respond (quickly) my emails, to text my girl to find out what we would have for dinner, and to use the GPS feature, to listen to my favorite jams while waiting and so on.

see that there becomes the problem. you are talking about a 2 device setup.

imagine, if you will, that the iphone had a 1" bigger screen, curved corners like the current one, and a slider keyboard. it would be 20-30% bigger then the current one. yet, it would eliminate the need for a laptop for most day to day usage.

ive been down the road you propose before, the 2 device setup. I used to do this with a motorola razr v2 and a Nokia N810. What I found out was, i got tired of carrying 2 devices. Everytime I wanted the Nokia I didnt have it. I got tired of pass through internet connections with bluetooth.

Since Ive gotten the iPhone, it does about 70% of what I need. Yet, if I want to pound out a couple paragraphs, i dont even consider the iPhone for it. Touch keyboard is too tedious for such endeavors. The lack of any usabel physical key makes it an odd-ball contender for a gaming platform. Once again, like the touch keyboard, having your fingers all over the screen covers up a lot of screen real estate.

Everyone has different needs (wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same?) The iPhone does more of what most people want. I've used WM devices for the past 4 1/2 years because there was nothing else that did as much as them. The iPhone does most of what WM does but so much better.
    Whatever you do you will never please everyone, hardware wise the 3G is pretty much perfect for me.
    We'll have to see if Apple can pull something out of the bag to excite my interest!
    Last edited by confucious; 04-17-2009 at 01:16 AM.

they discontinued the 2gedge iphones metal design because metal lowers your reception level.. so it wont be the same... apple never releases a discontinued model.. it will most likely look exactly the same as the new 3g which im dreading because i just got my 3g in december :-'(((

I've stuck to my 1st Gen iPhone cause the 3G's don't even charge on my Klipsche dock or any other dock that my phone stays on. WTF is with 3G's not charging on docks?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Everyone has different needs (wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same?) The iPhone does more of what most people want. I've used WM devices for the past 4 1/2 years because there was nothing else that did as much as them. The iPhone does most of what WM does but so much better.
    Whatever you do you will never please everyone, hardware wise the 3G is pretty much perfect for me.
    We'll have to see if Apple can pull something out of the bag to excite my interest!
    I agree. It would be hard to make a phone that could do everything for everyone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EmoMicah View Post
    I've stuck to my 1st Gen iPhone cause the 3G's don't even charge on my Klipsche dock or any other dock that my phone stays on. WTF is with 3G's not charging on docks?

Does this one not work for you?

dbldare

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast