+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Three iPhones to be Announced in June?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by nave3d the phone in the pic is hideous i really hope thats not the new one. Very True!! If that is the true picture of the new
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nave3d View Post
    the phone in the pic is hideous
    i really hope thats not the new one.
    Very True!! If that is the true picture of the new phone or even a close representation, I will not be updating. I really want to update but not with the "iRazr" picture listed above.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Y'all are WAAAAAY too hung up on the picture! It's just a picture... no one said it was the new iPhone. Geez!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon79 View Post
    y'all are waaaaay too hung up on the picture! It's just a picture... No one said it was the new iphone. Geez!
    ^lmao

iPhone? More like MyPhone hoits2000's Avatar
    Thanks

wasnt it stated/understood before that a low end iphone would never fly in china since they have so many more phones with more capabilities. So pretty much, one iphone will be announced.

Thanks

I think it would be wise of apple to release 3 iPhones. My sister turn down a G1 cos she don't use dat iPhone pro for us suckers, iPhone 3g+ for people who just got into it and basic iPhone for the call a texters who want a piece of the hype and a an iPod. This way I'm sure they could smash the Market. I for one won't buy another iPhone! Unless I get it cheap

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    I really want to update but not with the "iRazr" picture listed above.
    LMFAO.. So true..

Thanks

dat..... I meant data

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    There is a market for EDGE phones. I was just visiting my Father in law in central Pennsylvania this weekend and was stuck using EDGE on my 3G iphone. No 3G reception. No wifi at his house either-he still has DIAL-UP internet. In fact the EDGE was pretty weak and it kept defaulting back to I guess what would be GPRS ( the little circle icon). Driving thorough the town I saw a young guy with an iPhone 3G and wondered why would you get one and spend the cost of the more expensive data plan if you lived there. Then I realized maybe he was visiting too.
    I for one would definitely hate to be paying extra for a service I wouldn't be able to use. Luckily for me I do get 3g service where I am.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol, you guys are idiots.

The image up the top of the iPhone was a concept made by some designer, not apple.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    I think it would be wise of apple to release 3 iPhones. My sister turn down a G1 cos she don't use dat iPhone pro for us suckers, iPhone 3g+ for people who just got into it and basic iPhone for the call a texters who want a piece of the hype and a an iPod. This way I'm sure they could smash the Market. I for one won't buy another iPhone! Unless I get it cheap
    English please...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Relaxz people. : ) thats just a concept pic they pulled from somewhere for the post. though I think if the iphone was thinner like the touch it would be sweet. iPhone 3G is too thick imho.

** on a side note regarding the tablet comment above. no i doubt a tablet will run the iphone os and have icons with no real desktop like the iphone. Apple has too many patents for a WAYYY cool tablet interface and interaction and a full size multi-touch on screen keyboard for them to make a tablet that runs like an iphone. I think all those tablet pics that look like an iphone are total SH*%. if they made a tablet that was essentially a huge iphone that would suck *** and i'd have to make a visit to job's house to kick his ***. i dont think job's is that short sighted tho.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

my guess on what we'll see......

jobs mentioned in the 3g release how good it felt in ur hand after the redesign from the first gen....i happen to agree with him, and think the overall shape will stay the same.(except maybe a mm here or there.) the improvement on the design will be the back....prob. still plastic, but a matted finish to get rid of the fingerprints people hate so much.

i think the multiple iphone release is totally false, BUT i do believe apple will be selling two iphones. they will continue to sell the current 3g and an upgraded "3g pro". they'll sell the current 3g for $99 (8gb only) and then the pro will be sold at current iphone prices. the only thing about my prediction is it doesn't cover the idea of a 32mb phone.....i have no idea about this. it seems like a great idea, but just not in this economy.....but who knows....apple bought up so much flash memory recently that maybe our options will be 16 and 32. the great part about this is the fact that the new iphones would have to have some feature that blows the 3g away to lure customers, and i don't think any of the upgrades in the rumor mill cut it, so look for something big aimed at the hardcore user (front facing camera, or a macbook like qwerty keyboard) that sort of stuff would make it a phone that would sway a bunch of people from the regular 3g AND business users that can't abandon their blackberrys.

i know all of that seems far fetched.....but the 3rd gen of a product is very VERY important. companies have to worry about their product getting stale if the changes from gen 1 to gen 3 seem too small. apple has been on top of this idea with things like ipod, imac, macbook....so i expect them to be just as on top of this with the iphone.

plus, you don't think they'll make steve's big return be some ho-hum announcement that doesn't drum up more excitement than last years release? hell no, its going to be huge.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    my guess on what we'll see......

jobs mentioned in the 3g release how good it felt in ur hand after the redesign from the first gen....i happen to agree with him, and think the overall shape will stay the same.(except maybe a mm here or there.) the improvement on the design will be the back....prob. still plastic, but a matted finish to get rid of the fingerprints people hate so much.
    I hope Apple keeps the same design with the matted finish. That would be great. But that's the only really noticeable hardware change I'm hoping for (except an OLED screen if that were to come out or a 3.2MP camera if that were even noticeable from the current 2.0). I don't want it to get thinner or smaller (height and width). If Apple can make it smaller, I hope they don't and instead, put in a bigger battery, more RAM, more memory, etc. Apple needs to stop making their products smaller and sacrificing more power for that. Work on the battery and then size.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    wasnt it stated/understood before that a low end iphone would never fly in china since they have so many more phones with more capabilities. So pretty much, one iphone will be announced.
    Yah, when I visited my cousin in China a few years ago (an era in phone technology terms) he had what we would consider a real high end phone, with a nice slide and spin and keyboard and touch screen and everything. When i asked him about it, he acted like it was nothing.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope Apple get rid of the Silent switch, I need profiles like on Nokia.

Tbh I'll have to wait till Jan to get a new iPhone anyway because of bday. Building a PC so no money for new iPhone.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im happy to hear that there may be a new iphone coming out but im kind of annoyed cuz i just bought the 3G the day it came out on Pay as you go in the UK, like 7 months ago, so ill guess ill need to save up more for the new one...

Thanks

i'm excited about the actual phone but these pics really suck it up.lol

This is what I'm thinkin:

The 2G remix will be the cheaper iphone version with an 8gig minimum.
    They'll be available on prepaid.
    Starting price $99 with contract.
    Running 3.0 OS limited software. No MMS, No Video Camera, No GPS
    No Turn By Turn,

Anyone looking to place a few bets? :-)

E93
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I hope to god it's not that ugly when it comes out.

It looks like they moved the speaker up, and added an extra row too...
    Nonetheless, ewwwwwwww.

The 3G is so much nicer, in appearence, from what I can see from the pictures.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

back to the edge is a good idea imo. there are a lot of places where 3g just doesn't work. and its an update so skinner bigger screen and ability to send pics right. and i saw that sprint has a 4g network now? at least i think it was sprint so now we know the next update right and come on its just a pic no one really knows what the new one will look like yet except for apple employes.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    There is a market for EDGE phones. I was just visiting my Father in law in central Pennsylvania this weekend and was stuck using EDGE on my 3G iphone. No 3G reception. No wifi at his house either-he still has DIAL-UP internet. In fact the EDGE was pretty weak and it kept defaulting back to I guess what would be GPRS ( the little circle icon). Driving thorough the town I saw a young guy with an iPhone 3G and wondered why would you get one and spend the cost of the more expensive data plan if you lived there. Then I realized maybe he was visiting too.
    hey bhz1 where were u exactly? maybe it was me
    Last edited by lillewis51; 04-13-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

the pic looks more like a edited ipod touch 2g to me