Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widgets on iPhone?!

Quote Originally Posted by meandub View Post
    Hmm, well my "retard pc" got my widgets to work online. Maybe your methods is why yours dont work.
    To be fair, PC's are retarded. I just bought an iMac one week ago and I don't know how I survived with a PC for the past 15 years.

And to be fair, mac's are also retarded. Now lets try to stay on topic before we lose this thread.

/

iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    this was pretty much baby stuff to install, its so easy, only problem is that the widgets can't seem to go online... I got it to work in less then a minute. Why can't you guys? Is it cuz you got the computer for Retards, the "PC"?
    1993 called and they want their lame pc vs mac argument back.

Hmmm I wonder if the file in the downloads section isn't all there?

Has anybody that downloaded "WidgetResource" from here and got it working?

The people that got it working, are you all on Mac's?

I downloaded everything, and got it working. Im on Windows, and mac. You have to change your properties to 0755.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just want to make this clear w/ everyone. MOST OF THE WIDGETS DONT WORK. for thoose of you that dont know how to set permessions or do anything for that matter go to the WIKI section or visit hacktheiphone.com
    Read the 10 steps first. then read up on how to install apps.

i was gonna put up a guide, but is so buggy, its not worth it.

anyone wanna throw up an widget list that does work?

i have a football one that mostly works, minus the graphical problems, its incredibly slow though
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

Search for Buzzfeed. It works for me.

you can edit the permissions of any file with squid, just install it from the installer app.

the widget app shows up, but there is nothing in there. i put some widgets iin the widgets folder i created in var/root/library. do you just put the widgets in there or do you have to create a folder for each widget name?

how do you change permission in Squid?
    You can select and deselect "read" "write" and "exec". So how do you change numbers on the permission?

does it say "properties" anywhere?

Default Super cool
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

Then use the attached Widget.app to access them!

TUAW
    This migth be a dumb question but could you be more detail in how to add the widget.app into the iphone
    I tryed downloding it into my mac but it does not open. Should I be opening it somehow into my mac and then dragging it into my iphone? What am i missing.
    I would appriciate the tip! Thank you in advance!!

QUOTE=poetic_folly;34871]

Then use the attached Widget.app to access them!

TUAW[/QUOTE]

This migth be a dumb question but could you be more detail in how to add the widget.app into the iphone
    I tryed downloding it into my mac but it does not open. Should I be opening it somehow into my mac and then dragging it into my iphone? What am i missing.
    Last edited by jofiphone; 09-18-2007 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great, yet disappointing. The few widgets I use, and would love on the iPhone:
    -wikipedia
    -gas (gas prices)
    -flighttracker
    -starynight
    all don't display or work properly on the iPhone.
    The other widgets I use regularly, stocks, weather, maps, we already have as "real" iPhone apps. Other useful widgets are useless on the iPhone (I mean, I don't need my RAID monitor on a device that has no disk drive, etc.)

So until widgets are done in an iPhone aware fashion, this is useless. By then, chances are, Apple will have an iPhone OS update that properly allows for widgets to be loaded onto the phone. After all, that's the most likely first step Apple will allow for native-like iPhone apps, after the current web 2.0 phase.

Ronald

Did it all right, got the Widget icon up on the springboard, installed 2 apps, .. neither of them run correctly. The first was the World Radio app. Some things come up, but missing graphics, no labels, no functionality.

The next was a simple "plasmatube" .app.
    Does absolutey lothing. Even looks like its missing a plugin by the way the screen is all white with the exception of a little block icon.

Whats the deal? Certain apps work only, and which widgets will be compatable? Help!

EDIT:

AS SOON AS I POSTED THIS, I CAME TO FIND THAT ITS BROKE FOR EVERYONE. aH WELL.
    Last edited by jordan310; 09-19-2007 at 11:22 AM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jofiphone View Post
    Check the Guides. You need to follow the Getting Started Mac guide and the SFTP guide.

Then just drag the app into /Applications on your iPhone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

ahhyeah
    how do you change the permission numbers in Squid?

So, the widgets that are on dashboard just drag them into that folder??

Thanks...

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

well, none of the widgets I wanted worked... oh well. looking forward to where this is going. I believe that the kinks will be worked out...

where do u put the widget app? drap it to the applications folder after all that?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast