Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store reaches 1,000,000,000

Default App Store reaches 1,000,000,000

The App Store is about to reach one billion (1,000,000,000!) app downloads, and Apple is making this sweet, by awarding the billionth app downloader with a 17" MacBook Pro, a 32GB iPod touch, a $10,000 (yes, $10,000!) iTunes gift card, and Time Capsule.
    All these items are worth over $13,000 put together! So your one app download of a few dollars, or even free of cost, can win you Apple products worth over $13,000.

Check it out here:
    Apple - iTunes - 1 Billion App Countdown
    Last edited by dstn1211; 04-10-2009 at 11:46 PM.

wow That's awesome! I guess our chances of winning are one in a billion, but still a chance

Yeah, it really is. Our actual chances of winning are 1:40,000,000 because you can enter 25 times a day. I think they'll reach 1,000,000,000 by one or two weeks, maybe.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

That's a big number.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, that's a lot. Hope to see it continue like this. I'm liking my iPhone more and more each month. (3.0 now)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So wait, they're going to draw a random name once the One Billionth app is downloaded or they're going to give the macbook to the 1 billionth downloader? o.O

They're going to give the prize to the billionth downloader. Very small chance of winning, but it really is worth a try!

Good luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

What's a Time Capsule?

Wrong actually. The contest is a random drawing. The contest ends after the 1 billionth download. The 1 billionth downloader gets nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by staterunner180 View Post
    What's a Time Capsule?
    A wireless hard drive made by Apple. It also backups your data.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt27272 View Post
    Wrong actually. The contest is a random drawing. The contest ends after the 1 billionth download. The 1 billionth downloader gets nothing.
    Um, no. Please read the official rules on the Apple page.

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

wow a lot of apps

Quote Originally Posted by dstn1211 View Post
    A wireless hard drive made by Apple. It also backups your data.

Um, no. Please read the official rules on the Apple page.

no, he is right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt27272 View Post
    Hey looks like we all might be in it.....hm does it include when you buy free apps? Lets all go crazy downloading all the free ones for a better chance lol
    My signiture? Whats that...............

Quote Originally Posted by Jarcon49 View Post
    no, he is right.
    Wow, stupid mistake of me. I saw this on iTunes first, then checked over at iPod touch Fans, and they said it was the billionth downloader. My mistake.

My apologies for any misunderstandings.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebob View Post
    Hey looks like we all might be in it.....hm does it include when you buy free apps? Lets all go crazy downloading all the free ones for a better chance lol
    You can download as many apps as you like, but only 25 are allowed in one day.
    I'm guessing everyone is going to download 25 per day, as that is the closest anyone can get to winning.
    Last edited by dstn1211; 04-11-2009 at 12:08 AM.

i think i have better odds spontaneously combusting
    than to be the one to actually win an almost world wide contest.

Thanks

does it have to be a paid app? or just any app? can it be a free one?

Thanks

It can be any app, so yes if you download a free app from iTunes or the AppStore then you go in the running
    It would be awesome to win!

Thanks

For a split second I thought that it was an MMi competition. Then I'd have to make another account and enter it just to blow you all away
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

To be clear, this doesnt seem like a drawing, its the 1 billionth entry that wins, but as stated before 25 entries a day is as close as you can get, but what would you do with all those apps when you've lost?

Here is the main rule:

Sweepstakes. Sponsor is the sole judging organization whose decisions as to the operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The prize will be awarded for the entry (either through an app download or through the non-purchase online entry) sent immediately following the download of the 999,999,999th app. The potential winner will be determined by the order of the entries received. In the event that more than one entrant would be a winner based on the simultaneous timing of entries, one entrant will be randomly selected from those entrants as the winner. Each entrant’s chances of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.

no chance folks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast