Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ SCREENIE ] Video Recording in 3.0

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it at all possible this stuff will be disabled for all current models and only be usable for the next one?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by iChopPryde View Post
    this is definitely great news cycorder is great but nothing like an official recording app it will definitely be awesome i can barely think of reasons to need to jailbreak now lol

^^^ i couldn't agree more. :-) ^^^

I am in the info plist but there is only one toggle option. Do you know what the name of the toggle option is?

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post

I know that apple is providing everything that users want in order to curb the amount of jailbreaking but until you can make custom themes and looks of your phone, jailbreaking will live on. I want the ability to do something to my phone to make it different from anyone else that has one. It's like going to a buffet and the owner tells you that you can only eat from half the buffet after you have seen all the food available!

And what is up with the battery percent displayed in the screenshot? Has anyone seen anything in the beta that indicates that this will be apart of 3.0 as well?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Great news indeed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    I know that apple is providing everything that users want in order to curb the amount of jailbreaking but until you can make custom themes and looks of your phone, jailbreaking will live on. I want the ability to do something to my phone to make it different from anyone else that has one. It's like going to a buffet and the owner tells you that you can only eat from half the buffet after you have seen all the food available!

And what is up with the battery percent displayed in the screenshot? Has anyone seen anything in the beta that indicates that this will be apart of 3.0 as well?
    I am on 3.0 and I have the percent at the top. Not sure if it matters but when I was on 2.2 jailbroke I had the Percent turned on through sbsetting (Or Boss Prefs) can't remember which one so maybe it just stay enabled.

Apple...please (officially) give us the ability to theme our iPhones!

Thanks

were is the camcorder,I am on 3.0 beta 2

i hear you man but we did say BARELY!.lol I'm a jailbreak maniac and have been since the very beginning (i forked over my cash for the 2G.lol) so don't think i'm against it. Its just that with the 3.0 beta software they have cut back tremendously on my need to jailbreak. With the exception of the THEMEs and winterboard, what other reasons do we have to jailbreak? Everyone feel free to hump in on this. I don't want to over look anything. :-)

Replaced Apps include:

Cycorder
    Clippy/Hclipboard
    Quickgold
    Swirly SMS
    xGPS
    PdaNet
    Backgrounder - once everyone is on board with the push thing.

These were the apps that i used the most. :-)

Ok now that apple has finally provided much of what we were jailbreaking for we need to brainstorm for new app ideas! Many of the apps made by the major iphone development teams are going to become obsolete in 3.0, hopefully this means those devs focus on even cooler stuff
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

Default great reference
    dugg for the empire records reference.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stevelucky For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (04-09-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by wgm214 View Post
    Ok now that apple has finally provided much of what we were jailbreaking for we need to brainstorm for new app ideas! Many of the apps made by the major iphone development teams are going to become obsolete in 3.0, hopefully this means those devs focus on even cooler stuff
    ^^^ GREAT IDEA! I can't wait to be surprised. ^^^

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

psh its about time cant wait for 3.0
    www.ccbahamas.co.nr

when is this coming out?

i hear you man but we did say BARELY!.lol I'm a jailbreak maniac and have been since the very beginning (i forked over my cash for the 2G.lol) so don't think i'm against it. Its just that with the 3.0 beta software they have cut back tremendously on my need to jailbreak. With the exception of the THEMEs and winterboard, what other reasons do we have to jailbreak? Everyone feel free to hump in on this. I don't want to over look anything. :-)

Replaced Apps include:

Cycorder
    Clippy/Hclipboard
    Quickgold
    Swirly SMS
    xGPS
    PdaNet
    Backgrounder - once everyone is on board with the push thing.

These were the apps that i used the most. :-)
    True, True. Everthing you listed above except for Backgrounder, quickgold, swirly sms (i use iRealSMS), and PDaNet I use (I could never get my swirly MMS to work). But you are completely right. I guess just the thought of doing something else that the majority of iPhone owners cant do since I have jailbroken my phone is a turn on. Granted, everything that apple has or will be bringing with 3.0 are things that us jailbreakers have had from day one but some of Apple's stock apps could use improvements. Example of this is SMS, the stock Apple app is ok and works fine but by jailbreaking you can get access to iRealSMS (or something similar) which IMO, is a HUGE upgrade. And the fact that Apple has this screening process with the app store where certain apps dont get approved, and some of the apps are really good apps, you need some way of getting them to the people who really want them.............thus the birth of the Cydia Store.

I agree with you 100% but regardless if Apple gives us everything we wanted and more, even custom themes/winterboard, I would still jailbreak just to increase the number good apps that I would have access to.

I'm skeptical about this... that screenshot doesn't exactly prove video recording abilities. It looks more like a file browser for photos and videos/movies that you have sync'd into your phone via iTunes.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    its the info plist in the camera app. the camcorder doesnt work tho
    Sorry to sound stupid, but did you have to jailbreak 3.0-2 in order to get to the p.list file?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yes, you have to ssh into it

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

What if video recording is only available in the new iPhone? As we all know iPhone 2G can do MMS and send stuff through Bluetooth but Apple wont put them features in for us, I guess video recording won't be available for use 2G users either.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 04-09-2009 at 12:19 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

True, True. Everthing you listed above except for Backgrounder, quickgold, swirly sms (i use iRealSMS), and PDaNet I use (I could never get my swirly MMS to work). But you are completely right. I guess just the thought of doing something else that the majority of iPhone owners cant do since I have jailbroken my phone is a turn on. Granted, everything that apple has or will be bringing with 3.0 are things that us jailbreakers have had from day one but some of Apple's stock apps could use improvements. Example of this is SMS, the stock Apple app is ok and works fine but by jailbreaking you can get access to iRealSMS (or something similar) which IMO, is a HUGE upgrade. And the fact that Apple has this screening process with the app store where certain apps dont get approved, and some of the apps are really good apps, you need some way of getting them to the people who really want them.............thus the birth of the Cydia Store.

I agree with you 100% but regardless if Apple gives us everything we wanted and more, even custom themes/winterboard, I would still jailbreak just to increase the number good apps that I would have access to.

Well put! we still love options.lol I don't want Apple or anyone else telling what i can and can't do with MY iPhone.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast