+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stream Audio to Your Car via Bluetooth (3.0)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I get annoyed that my car has a nifty DVD player/GPS nav system/6CD changer/XM.... and yet no way for me to simply PLUG IN MY iPHONE. Maybe you have the
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Default Stream Audio to Your Car via Bluetooth (3.0)

I get annoyed that my car has a nifty DVD player/GPS nav system/6CD changer/XM.... and yet no way for me to simply PLUG IN MY iPHONE. Maybe you have the same issue.... and you have Bluetooth? Ok, so maybe that's not true - Bluetooth in your car isn't quite widespread yet, but its on quite a few newer models, and definitely more than a 1/8" input or iPod hookup.

That's good news for you folks still stimulating the economy by picking up new cars - since the guys over at cars.com have tested and verified you can stream your iPhone's audio out to your Bluetooth enabled car.

Of course, this requires the 3.0 iPhone software, which won't publicly be available til summer (but you already have it, don't you). I'm sure you can figure a way to make that happen.

cars.com via TUAW

thanks, JazJon

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Ownage...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did this last week in my car, I have a 2008 Civic Si and I ran the AUX cable into my center console and attached a BlackBerry Stereo Gateway to it and its fully paired and working with my iPhone on 3.0. There is a little lag though while navigating the iPhone, but I'm sure that will be fixed upon relase of 3.0 in the summer

Thanks

Default Choppy playback
    I'm on Beta 2, and the only issue I've had is choppy playback when the phone goes to sleep. Simple remedy, though. From the lock screen, click the home button to wake it up. Double click to bring up the iPod controls. Pause the playback and then hit play again. Voila! It should be streaming clearly now.

Thanks

Damn it PF! I love summer and you're making me want 1/2 of it to go by cuz of 3.0
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 04-03-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've never had a problem plugging the aux cable directly from my car stereo to my iPhone directly. Seems to work just fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XChrisX View Post
    I've never had a problem plugging the aux cable directly from my car stereo to my iPhone directly. Seems to work just fine.
    Well the problem is the cable has to go somewhere and annoys the passenger or the driver and you cant use the stereos controls to fast forward pause and whatnot. So while the cable works, I wouldn't say it's fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How do we get this working? I have a pair of bluetooth speakers but I havent been able to get audio through them.

Thanks

Sweetness! Granted I have an iPod touch. It has Bluetooth that can be unlocked at 3.0 right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is my solution. I think I don't care about the Bluetooth now until it is fast enough, so will play without any lagging.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Bluetooth Pairing
    Quote Originally Posted by skierdb526 View Post
    How do we get this working? I have a pair of bluetooth speakers but I havent been able to get audio through them.
    The bluetooth feature is really the only piece of 3.0 that is worth upgrading for at this point (ie: no push apps yet, no MMS, no accessories). If you don't want or need bluetooth, wait to upgrade, but if you do, it works.

In response to the question, when you pair your phone to your bluetooth device, the bluetooth icon will turn blue next to your battery. If you don't know how to pair your device, open setting, general, bluetooth. turn it on and make sure it is discoverable. Then turn on your bluetooth device. Wait for the phone to discover the device. tap on the device and enter the code provided by your bluetooth device. Lots of times it is just "0000".

If you have paired the two properly, open the iPod App. when you go to play a song, you should see a bluetooth icon on the right of the volume slide bar. tap this icon. it will ask you if you want to play audio on the iPhone "speakers" or it will display the name of the bluetooth device. Tap and go.

For me, it works best when you are in stand by. When you try to use the phone, the audio goes glitchy. I have read several places that this will be fixed but I am wondering if that is a software of a hardware problem. Who knows. Bluetooth also works in the iTunes app if you want to stream podcasts. I havent tried youtube of video playback yet to see if it works.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

It's about time the iPhone supports A2DP. I was messing with A2Dp on pocket pc/windows mobile years ago. Once I got hooked on iPhone though in 2008 there was no going back.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brett k View Post
    Well the problem is the cable has to go somewhere and annoys the passenger or the driver and you cant use the stereos controls to fast forward pause and whatnot. So while the cable works, I wouldn't say it's fine.

WOW.... lazy much? Are you kidding me? the cable has to "go somewhere, and annoys the passenger or driver"..... If this is where American laziness is headed, I want out....

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Thats what I figured you do, but my set must not be compatible. It works with the MBP, but I guess not the iPhone. I guess maybe I should sell my speakers!

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryegor View Post
    Here is my solution. I think I don't care about the Bluetooth now until it is fast enough, so will play without any lagging.

where you got that car stand?

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

That car mount is home made... props to ryegor that is f'in sweet.
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

MMS works fine what are you all talking about

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Good news!

Thanks

iPhone bluetooth audio works in my '09 Acura TL like a charm!!!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryegor View Post
    Here is my solution.
    that's tight.