+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stream Audio to Your Car via Bluetooth (3.0)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by royalnewjersey WOW.... lazy much? Are you kidding me? the cable has to "go somewhere, and annoys the passenger or driver"..... If this is where American laziness is
    iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by royalnewjersey View Post
    WOW.... lazy much? Are you kidding me? the cable has to "go somewhere, and annoys the passenger or driver"..... If this is where American laziness is headed, I want out....

Well i don't care so much about the cord but my girlfriend whines and that makes me a sad panda, also it's much less dangerous to just hit a big button on the stereo than to try to mess with the phone while driving. I'm not all that lazy actually..for an american

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Doesn't have to be that hard!
    I have been streaming audio thru Bluetooth in my car since late 2007. Granted it was my old Treo and a JVC aftermarket stereo. But why are they making it so hard to get a good stream and why is it taking so long to come out??

Easy fix for all your problems is just forking out a couple extra dollars on a nice aftermarket stereo, Most new Alpine decks work with the iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I'd rather have a cable than bluetooth pairing. And I'm not talking about the AUX input that uses the headphone jack either. I don't want to go on a long trip, listening to my iPhone all the way, only to get there and have my battery be dead. So you'll need a cable either way to keep the iPhone charged. Why not stream your audio through that cable AND charge it at the same time.

What kind of car are you driving that has NAV/DVD/etc.. that it doesn't have an iPod interface? Most new cars as of couple of years ago have iPod integration, and it works with iPhones too. Not only that, you can also control the iPod/iPhone with the stereo's controls too. Add to that, most new aftermarket headunits have iPod/USB inputs as well.

I never understood the fascination with bluetooth/wireless headphones. It's just one more thing you have to keep charging or getting new batteries.
    I use the Griffin Auto Pilot and it streams my music through my stereo system while charging it. It also displays the artist/track title on my head unit in the car. Combine that with volume that rises and lowers depending on the speed of the car and I am skipping bluetooth music in a vehicle.

I would love to have it for phone convos though.

Thanks
    I have a 2007 Acura TL with Bluetooth Handsfree, Will this be able to play audio?

I do not have the Navi Model. Thanks in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks

This would have been useful to me a couple months ago....I have a fully loaded '07 Infiniti G35 Coupe, and as some people know, Infiniti only started adding AUX ports into the new G37's. So I went and installed a device myself to the stock stereo that lets me connect my iphone to the stereo with a 3.5mm headphone jack, and the connector on the bottom, while charging it.

Does anyone know the difference in sound quality when music is played via bluetooth, compared to a headphone jack, or the bottom connector? I know the bottom connector is better than the headphone jack, but I've always found sound being played wirelessly lower quality than when the device is directly connected with a cable. Quality comes first for me, even if it means i have to use a cable for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer_0 View Post
    This would have been useful to me a couple months ago....I have a fully loaded '07 Infiniti G35 Coupe, and as some people know, Infiniti only started adding AUX ports into the new G37's. So I went and installed a device myself to the stock stereo that lets me connect my iphone to the stereo with a 3.5mm headphone jack, and the connector on the bottom, while charging it.

Does anyone know the difference in sound quality when music is played via bluetooth, compared to a headphone jack, or the bottom connector? I know the bottom connector is better than the headphone jack, but I've always found sound being played wirelessly lower quality than when the device is directly connected with a cable. Quality comes first for me, even if it means i have to use a cable for it.

quality is in the ear of the beholder, but i think my audio through bluetooth is exceptional. to me its not worth running wires for a direct hookup...i have an alpine stereo in my bmw. but results may vary... lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

I downloaded beta 2, to test it out with my Pioneer head unit p9800bt, and its a no go. The BT phone works fine, and I can hear my voicemail over Bluetooth, but I dont get the BT icon when using the ipod or pandora. Any suggestions?
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottvalentine View Post
    I downloaded beta 2, to test it out with my Pioneer head unit p9800bt, and its a no go. The BT phone works fine, and I can hear my voicemail over Bluetooth, but I dont get the BT icon when using the ipod or pandora. Any suggestions?
    You must have a stereo that supports streaming over bluetooth, not just hands-free. A good headunit for an excellent price that supports this is the Sony mexbt2700

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmbaird View Post
    You must have a stereo that supports streaming over bluetooth, not just hands-free. A good headunit for an excellent price that supports this is the Sony mexbt2700
    I have a parrot ck3000 which streams audio from a nokia n95 (really bad quality though, only mono I think) and in the specs of the ck3000 it says it should not stream bluetooth audio at all, that it is only a handsfree.
    Do you think I'll have much luck with 3.0? I was really excited about this until I heard the awful sound from the nokia.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tikigod19 View Post
    I have a parrot ck3000 which streams audio from a nokia n95 (really bad quality though, only mono I think) and in the specs of the ck3000 it says it should not stream bluetooth audio at all, that it is only a handsfree.
    Do you think I'll have much luck with 3.0? I was really excited about this until I heard the awful sound from the nokia.

Thanks
    Hmm I think you've just got lucky. It doesn't support streaming audio (A2DP), only hands-free. If you get it to stream audio over it don't expect it to be very good at all. If you're looking into using A2DP from your iphone i'd strongly suggest getting a device that supports it. Your best bet is going to be going with an aftermarket stereo that supports it. Mine supports it and bluetooth streaming sounds EXCELLENT! In my opinion even better than using the 3.5mm jack. If you're serious about it, make the investment.

Thanks

hmm thanks for that. The reason I have always avoided expensive head units is because I then have to worry about taking it out of the car when I leave in case its stolen.

Perhaps I'll have to stick with my totally useless belkin FM transmitter...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i can get this to work with my bluetooth headphones but i have a 7 series bmw 07 model and it has bluetooth n navi i can pair it and talk but i cant do the audio part any ideas?? also i am on beta 3

Thanks

This is the setup I've been using in my car for a while now and find it works quite well. One video is the hands free setup, and I recently added the charging unit.
    YouTube - iphone handsfree iphone in car setup
    YouTube - handsfreeiphone Part 2-charging

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123