+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stream Audio to Your Car via Bluetooth (3.0)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by r1994augusto where you got that car stand? I made it guys, it's aluminum: very sturdy and convenient. I connected the dock to the fuse compartment and AUX,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r1994augusto View Post
    where you got that car stand?
    I made it guys, it's aluminum: very sturdy and convenient. I connected the dock to the fuse compartment and AUX, no wires visible.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryegor View Post
    I made it guys, it's aluminum: very sturdy and convenient. I connected the dock to the fuse compartment and AUX, no wires visible.

That my friend is quite awesome, good job!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im on 2.2 and bluetooth streaming works fine.

Thanks

I'd rather have a cable than bluetooth pairing. And I'm not talking about the AUX input that uses the headphone jack either. I don't want to go on a long trip, listening to my iPhone all the way, only to get there and have my battery be dead. So you'll need a cable either way to keep the iPhone charged. Why not stream your audio through that cable AND charge it at the same time.

What kind of car are you driving that has NAV/DVD/etc.. that it doesn't have an iPod interface? Most new cars as of couple of years ago have iPod integration, and it works with iPhones too. Not only that, you can also control the iPod/iPhone with the stereo's controls too. Add to that, most new aftermarket headunits have iPod/USB inputs as well.

I never understood the fascination with bluetooth/wireless headphones. It's just one more thing you have to keep charging or getting new batteries.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I'd rather have a cable than bluetooth pairing. And I'm not talking about the AUX input that uses the headphone jack either. I don't want to go on a long trip, listening to my iPhone all the way, only to get there and have my battery be dead. So you'll need a cable either way to keep the iPhone charged. Why not stream your audio through that cable AND charge it at the same time.

What kind of car are you driving that has NAV/DVD/etc.. that it doesn't have an iPod interface? Most new cars as of couple of years ago have iPod integration, and it works with iPhones too. Not only that, you can also control the iPod/iPhone with the stereo's controls too. Add to that, most new aftermarket headunits have iPod/USB inputs as well.

I never understood the fascination with bluetooth/wireless headphones. It's just one more thing you have to keep charging or getting new batteries.
    Im agreeing with ya.
    I prefer to have a wire still and really, the iPod adapters that plug into stereo's etc. work just fine. Whip de do having one wire sticking out somewhere, just have it nicely hidden coming from the back
    Plus the battery life. I like how my iPhone charges will playing music, I would hate my battery draining from BT left on for hours.
    Yes its a nice feature and all, but it would be like a couple minutes to show off or for use lol
    My one buddy said... Why not just charge ur iPhone using a cigarette plugin? and still have ur BT working. Well thats just having another cord again. Why not do it all-in-one the way I am now and not have to worry Plus better signal strength.
    Just my 2 cents.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone bluetooth
    I have been waiting for this feature. I first tried it on 3.0 beta 1 with good results. Only thing i had to do was re connect BT each time i wanted to use it. I listen to streamed and ipod music to my BMW that has an Alpine stereo, bt, cd, hd, etc in place of stock radio.
    With beta 2 got a great improvement with function and sound. no longer do i have to reconnect. It connects auto and the music from Pandora is wonderful. Im so amazed how good this is....

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Battery drainer, not practical IMO, especially in a car where you don't really need wireless. A dock is much more practical to me. Play your music and charge your phone. Seems like an easy decision.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for this gr8 information about new 3.0 feature for blutooth . Will it work with iPhone 2G as well?

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

thats a really neat set up, but yet and still 3.0 seems to be a really big step forward in the right direction im loving all the new additions
    www.ccbahamas.co.nr

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a 2005 Scion tC and the Bluetooth streaming works great.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaps4u View Post
    Thanks for this gr8 information about new 3.0 feature for blutooth . Will it work with iPhone 2G as well?
    no it will not work with 2g

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post

i agree with u guys on this..My 09 Acura has plug in for my iphone that charges my phone and allows me to control my playlist and volume through my car. plus my iphone is paired with my car's bluetooth so i could answer the call when i m driving. i believe you can use only one function either play music via bluetooth (which is not allowed as of now) or answer your call, not both. i still cant believe toyota venza doesn't have this feature.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone bluetooth
    [QUOTE=sziklassy;3801921]Battery drainer, not practical IMO, especially in a car where you don't really need wireless. A dock is much more practical to me. Play your music and charge your phone. Seems like an easy decision.[/QUOT

I only travel 7 miles a day. 3.5 to work and 3.5 back.. have plenty of battery either way. no problem for me. no wires installed, no expense. clean and nice. Easy decision for me not to install extra wires. i charge at home......nothing coming out of my dash but music...
    i can answer phone and listen to music thru bluetooth, music paused, phone answers then when hangs up, music plays from where it left off. works perfectly and has my phone list, calls, missed calls on my stereo display.
    Last edited by toothdoc246; 04-05-2009 at 01:18 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

[quote=toothdoc246;3805641]
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Battery drainer, not practical IMO, especially in a car where you don't really need wireless. A dock is much more practical to me. Play your music and charge your phone. Seems like an easy decision.[/QUOT

I only travel 7 miles a day. 3.5 to work and 3.5 back.. have plenty of battery either way. no problem for me. no wires installed, no expense. clean and nice. Easy decision for me not to install extra wires. i charge at home......nothing coming out of my dash but music...
    i can answer phone and listen to music thru bluetooth, music paused, phone answers then when hangs up, music plays from where it left off. works perfectly and has my phone list, calls, missed calls on my stereo display.
    That's what I was going to say. The average person doesn't take trips that last hours all the time. I don't. But I'm not excited about this to listen to music in my car. I want this for listening to music through my BT headset. I hate the wires hanging down that get caught on things sometimes and come out or whatever.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[quote=€hR!$;3805801]
    Quote Originally Posted by toothdoc246 View Post

That's what I was going to say. The average person doesn't take trips that last hours all the time. I don't. But I'm not excited about this to listen to music in my car. I want this for listening to music through my BT headset. I hate the wires hanging down that get caught on things sometimes and come out or whatever.
    yes...i agree and i want a set of good headphones too. ones that you can jog with possilbly...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    MMS works fine what are you all talking about
    It doesn't work on my iphone.

Thanks

[quote=toothdoc246;3805641]
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Battery drainer, not practical IMO, especially in a car where you don't really need wireless. A dock is much more practical to me. Play your music and charge your phone. Seems like an easy decision.[/QUOT

Fine I guess if you NEVER travel. If that is the case, get out more If you do travel you will probably already have the cables anyway. A single cable REALLY isn't that big of an inconvenience is it? And I think you all are overgeneralizing what the "average" person does. PLENTY of people drive an hour or two to work every day. Burning half your battery to listen to your music while driving is silly, especially when there is no need for it.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-06-2009 at 10:13 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

So all i need now is a NICE stereo and I'm good. I think i can handle that. :-)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Has anyone tried using any voicedialing apps with the 3.0 bluetooth? i just want to find out if you can use only the bluetooth to make voice activated calls....(which Apple should have included in the first place if they are concerned about safety.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    Has anyone tried using any voicedialing apps with the 3.0 bluetooth? i just want to find out if you can use only the bluetooth to make voice activated calls....(which Apple should have included in the first place if they are concerned about safety.)
    I think the problem with including the stuff is that they either need to write their own code from scratch or purchase a license to use existing code. Writing it from scratch would take a while to work out the kinks and acquiring a license would cost $$$. Companies like motorola (just an example) have a mass license agreement to use a voice dialing application on ALL of their handsets.