Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive Video via MMS - 3.0 Delivers

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

mine works great! My buddy has sent me music, videos, and photos
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 04-03-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aboudiiiiii View Post
    Still doesn't work, I installed 3.0 beta 1, beta 2, and even tried the russian winpwn 3.0 beta 2, MMS still doesn't work... the message sends forever then gives an exclamation mark with message failure. What a waste...
    it wasn't working for me either until i tried something a lil different and i know for sure that this works with the beta 2. make sure u install the updated carrier file and then, when u restore with the new firmware, set up as new iphone. i have done this 3 times (just outta curiosity and wonderment) and it has worked every single time. i set up as a new iphone and it worked. then i would restore from backup, and it would do what u just described. so i restored with the beta 2 firmware and set up as new iphone again, and again it works. u wont lose any contacts or apps or music or any of that stuff, but u will not be able to have ur text convos and/or notes. i did not have a jailbroken iphone and i did not have swirlymms so i can tell u that out of the box, if u r registered with a dev team and install the 3.0 beta, this method is almost guaranteed to work. for those asking if calling att will help, it won't. i have called them several times and most have no clue that the 3.0 is even coming out soon, let alone that there is a beta out already and that it has MMS capabilities. i even talked to "apple tech experts" (att connected me to them) and this dude had no clue wth he was talking about. "sir, the only way you will be able to send/receive pictures on the iPhone is through email or the $5 apps in the appstore." grrr IDIOT!!! i told u i have the beta already!!!!! some of these people have no clue what they are talking about and are no where near as informed as the modmyi community is.

also, if anyone knows y i cannot restore from backup and still send/receive mms, i would love to hear the explanation. i mean, i've been wanting mms as much as the next guy (who has an iPhone) but i don't think it's worth losing all of my notes and texts
    Last edited by footballfanatic28; 04-04-2009 at 12:29 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirluis94 View Post
    i wonder if it works on the 2g iphone.
    if by 2g you mean 1st gen then no apple said no mms to 1st gen iPhone they say it dont got the specs for it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smiska2 View Post
    I for one don't have a 3G because I think it's a step down from the first gen iPhone in terms of design. I'll wait and see what June brings...

Yeah... and who cares about function anyway?
    Function? What Function, 3G? Never had the need for it... I get free WiFi in every city here in Sweden.

No I'm happy with what I've got. First Gen style, far out weighs any advantage 3G could give me.
    Last edited by smiska2; 04-04-2009 at 05:52 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tizocman View Post
    if by 2g you mean 1st gen then no apple said no mms to 1st gen iPhone they say it dont got the specs for it
    what specs are those?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksiphone View Post
    what specs are those?
    probably the fact that MMS takes FOREVER to send on edge and wifi won't help that...but that's just a guess

Thanks
    how you updated the carrier file

Quote Originally Posted by footballfanatic28 View Post
    probably the fact that MMS takes FOREVER to send on edge and wifi won't help that...but that's just a guess
    mms does not take forever using the 2g over edge, i send and receive over swirlymms pretty quick, i think its just a bs move from apple to have the 2g folks upgrade to 3g iphone, i paid $400 for my iphone, and still love it, plus edge is fast here, and i have wifi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaysmi29 View Post
    mms does not take forever using the 2g over edge, i send and receive over swirlymms pretty quick, i think its just a bs move from apple to have the 2g folks upgrade to 3g iphone, i paid $400 for my iphone, and still love it, plus edge is fast here, and i have wifi
    i used to have the first gen. i love my 3G though. plus, i was talking about using the standard messaging app on a 3G phone, and yes it does take forever. i dunno how it works on a jailbroken phone using swirly (could never get mine to work :P )

Quote Originally Posted by pcmartinez View Post
    how you updated the carrier file
    hold shift, click on restore in itunes, and then select carrier file from the drop down menu towards the bottom where it says like iphone firmware. after that, select the .ipcc file u downloaded and click open and ur done
    Last edited by footballfanatic28; 04-05-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

On the At&t site my "iPhone unlimited texts" changed to messaging unlimited, same price $20, I still cant send MMS, im going to try and setup as a new phone
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

Thanks

try that but if not make the call

i think 2G still can upgrade to 3.0 mms swirly can mean

Thanks

U mean swirly can it on 2.0 again not for swirly it? Hahaha

where does the video save after being transferred? in the normal videos area in ipod or somewhere seperate?
    same with pictures? do they save in the photo album? and music? and text.. does that go into notes?

thanks!

Thanks

You click on the photo and it gives you options to save it and it goes into your photo album. Video and audio do give you option to
    save.

can you send video aswell as receive it?

Thanks
    Yes on all betas I've sent recieved videos through mms

Thanks

yea you can forward received videos but you cant send ones from the video recorder

im just hoping someone could get the MMS working on the first gen iphone, im currently unemployed and dont have money to spare for a new iphone and personally, i like the first gen design more than the 3g
    3.0 iPhone 2g
    Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyman70 View Post
    im just hoping someone could get the MMS working on the first gen iphone, im currently unemployed and dont have money to spare for a new iphone and personally, i like the first gen design more than the 3g
    I agree with the 1G design better then 3G

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast