+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Beta 2 Seeded. Now With Push!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    im still not impressed with 3.0

we will c what they do with the final product and we will see what happens to our jailbreak software with this new one

i bet everyone here all my money (not much) that it is going to be a bit¢h to write apps for cydia on this, and that apple has taken significant measure to block our software
    Being that it has been jailbroken already I am not sure under what facts you basis this opinion? Can't they just write them as if they were an AppStore app? Sure it will be more work, but that never stopped anybody.

EDIT CPJR already said this, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TDD View Post
    Doesn't anyone else smell an April Fool's?
    Yes, by the screen name of TDD
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-01-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

FYI - Download the beta from Safari rather than Firefox. Firefox will almost never download the firmware or sdk, weird!
    Search Google for "Custom Firmware 3.1.2" if you don't have a Mac and are using Windows!

Thanks

Has anyone else been experiencing youtube trouble on Beta 2?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Your confused.
    Easily done

I wasn't thinking straight.

Many thanks to everyone for pointing out my error.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My friend added me to his Dev account and installed Beta 1. Anyone know if he will need to reactivate my phone for the beta 2 install or can he just send me the new ipsw?

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    Has anyone else been experiencing youtube trouble on Beta 2?
    Youtube didn't work for me with Beta 1. No video apps would. I was hoping Beta 2 would fix, but I guess not. Did youtube work for you with Beta 1?
    Last edited by bluskool; 04-01-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluskool View Post
    My friend added me to his Dev account and installed Beta 1. Anyone know if he will need to reactivate my phone for the beta 2 install or can he just send me the new ipsw?

Youtube didn't work for me with Beta 1. No video apps would. I was hoping Beta 2 would fix, but I guess not. Did youtube work for you with Beta 1?
    Yes, it worked fine on Beta 1. Guess I'll have to try a reinstall.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Im working on upgrading now but YouTube worked great for me with the first beta. My biggest beef with the first beta was all of the glitches. My maps app was all messed up and my GPS wasn't working. We'll see if those problems have been fixed.

Thanks

I had the GPS problem too from time to time.

Thanks
    This might be a redundant question, but when the update finally gets released, do I have to do a restore of my phone beforehand? If my phone is jailbroken, is it going to be hard for me to get the update? Just curious how this process will work this summer...

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    im still not impressed with 3.0

we will c what they do with the final product and we will see what happens to our jailbreak software with this new one

i bet everyone here all my money (not much) that it is going to be a bit¢h to write apps for cydia on this, and that apple has taken significant measure to block our software
    Honestly... I don't really see the JB world lasting through the next hardware upgrade. This is exactly what happened to the Xbox when it first came out... Hardware with tons of potential and no software to back it up sparked a whole world of devs to write stuff, and mod the xbox, then when the 360 came out, MS just added so many features that the only thing left for the underground was pirating, and that just fizzled away...
    I kind of see the same thing happeneing to the iPhone... once apple actuall introduces all the (relatively simple) apps, and tweaks that highschool kids were writing in their spare time into the actual fw, the only thing that will really be left for cydia will be cracks, and that is just not enough to support the real mainstream programers.

When u think about it, this whole JB business: the platforms, the forums, the hundreds of devs out there, are all being supported by a very thin strand of Apple politics, and at any time the rug can be pulled out by a simple decision by apple to just ALLOW the programs that people want.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

beta 2 is very nice. 1 thing that disturbs me though, also on all other FW's is that my MobileMe is pushing email to my phone, shows up rather instantly. but if i check the mail on my macbook, it is no longer a new mail. on my iPhone, it still shows up as new mail, with an icon, until i manually check the mail or have it set to 30 min or 15 min or an hour. this bothers be because if i read an email, leave the office, check my iPhone, it will say 1 new email. but as soon as i open it up, the email goes away because it is syncing mail and finds that the email is deleted or whatever... i REALLY hope this gets fixed..

on that note, it would be nice to have the option to show 1 inbox and everything is just there vs having to back out to the other email account, press inbox, look for the mail, etc.

this can be done on Mac Mail, why not iPhone email?
    also, why on Mac Mail is there not auto caps and there is on the iPhone....

these few things i mentioned are very odd and i see no point in them being this way. . . ... thoughts?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdog129 View Post
    This might be a redundant question, but when the update finally gets released, do I have to do a restore of my phone beforehand? If my phone is jailbroken, is it going to be hard for me to get the update? Just curious how this process will work this summer...

Thanks!
    It isn't difficult but yes you will probably have to restore your phone to 2.2.1, then upgrade to 3.0 in iTunes. The Dev team will probably release the jailbreak shortly after the public release of 3.0. You can find a million YouTube videos on how to restore if you need, but like I said, it isn't super difficult.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For not actually developers this just fixes overall functioning. Crashes and that kind of thing. This update also turns on the Push Cloud feature. Apple has hit the big read on switch. The only thing now is for the developers update there apps to use this new service. Unfortunately Apple will not allow any of these updated apps into the AppStore until the day of the WWDC. At least we have something to look forward too.

For jailbreakers with a 3G iPhone upgrading will get rid of Jailbreak and Unlock (at least this is what we think). For 1st Gen people it will just erase Jailbreak. Unlock and Activation will remain intact. Just like a normal upgrade iTunes will alert you to the new software and give you an option to upgrade. It is just a click then to update without restoring your phone if you don't mind iTunes doing the normal upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdog129 View Post

Thanks!
    For jailbreakers with a 3G iPhone upgrading will get rid of Jailbreak and Unlock (at least this is what we think). For 1st Gen people it will just erase Jailbreak. Unlock and Activation will remain intact. Just like a normal upgrade iTunes will alert you to the new software and give you an option to upgrade. It is just a click then to update without restoring your phone if you don't mind iTunes doing the normal upgrade.
    Last edited by pizzahugger; 04-01-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

just install the new firmware

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

does any one know how to install 3.0 on the iphone 3G if im not a develpoer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    Lots of people do. The question is, why on earth would you want to?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    You have to download the .ipsw online. Use a torrent client. I used VUZE. Before you install it on your phone, you must get a developer, someone who is on the developer program, someone who has paid the $99 fee to be a developer, to add your UDID to their account. Every developer is allowed 100 users so they can send "test apps" to them so they can work out the bugs. If you install 3.0 on your phone without being on a developer account, your phone will freeze and you will spend hours on iPhone forums trying to figure out how to "un"Brick your phone. After you have been added to an account, restore your phone the .ipsw you downloaded and enjoy. Let me know if you have any questions. I upgraded out of curiosity. I think that 3.0, especially the new version, is great. However, if you have jailbroken your phone, it isn't worth upgrading to 3.0 yet. Wait for the 3.0 jailbreak to come out this summer.
    Last edited by EuSouScott; 04-01-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

HOLY **** Microsoft Brought Cydia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

3.0 Beta 1 already had working push for me My email was auto-checked every 15 min.