+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icy (Installer 5)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
From saurik's twitter Cydia will get faster, but Icy will never be compatible with APT... APT is what attracted many of the better developers.
    Thanks

From saurik's twitter

Cydia will get faster, but Icy will never be compatible with APT... APT is what attracted many of the better developers.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    From saurik's twitter
    Yes, and the wait commences.
    Big kid playing with iPhone! Learning as I go...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cydia Blows monkey goats
    REALY!? The thing is bloated with advertisement. Congrats to a great idea poorly executed! Its slow, ugly, and ontop of it Jay Freeman is really smug. Sometimes reading his posts makes me want to punch him in the junk. Stop refering yourself in the 3rd person " I (Saurik) have released cydia, because I wish to make monkey of you suckers through my non-appstore appstore." Keep the jailbreaking free. Makes me want to scrap this iphone and go back to xda-developers where it's about the interesting things you can do with a smartphone and not the money grab.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Icy
    I just installed Icy after Jailbreaking with redsn0w . i didn't install cydia ..right everythng working fine so far . there is some updates to be need for cydia and icy rest of all good

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sp1ce View Post
    REALY!? The thing is bloated with advertisement. Congrats to a great idea poorly executed! Its slow, ugly, and ontop of it Jay Freeman is really smug. Sometimes reading his posts makes me want to punch him in the junk. Stop refering yourself in the 3rd person " I (Saurik) have released cydia, because I wish to make monkey of you suckers through my non-appstore appstore." Keep the jailbreaking free. Makes me want to scrap this iphone and go back to xda-developers where it's about the interesting things you can do with a smartphone and not the money grab.
    1. Mr. Freeman has released and contributed so much to this community and has devoted a huge amount of time to his projects where you on the other hand contributed nothing.

2. He executed Cydia perfectly. Sure it has a few loose ends but he made it for us the jailbreak community. Also I did not think something had to be fast and shiny to just work. Cydia can do dependencies, Icy will just print a ugly error on the pretty screen you love so much.

3. Mr. Freeman cannot be considered a smug for all the content and energy he provides to the community.

4. He is not doing it for the money. For all the hours he put in designing Cydia before the store even launched he was not paid for. He is merely competing with Apple and provide those denied by Apple to sell their apps there is nothing wrong with this. And to think about the huge amount of server fees he must pay for is amazing. He needs help to pay off the servers costs.

5. Please do scrap your iPhone and leave. I also suggests buying a push broom and lubricate it with butter so you can stop talking out of your ***.

Regards,

K-Wall
    Last edited by kwall; 06-24-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

that was a great post K-Wall.

Thanks

im glad you think so lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so.. how can we tell if i have icy 4 or 5 installed?

Thanks
    Cool Why,
    Why does one have to be better than the other, what do we have to say how smug someone is, or that someone's contribution sucks.
    Compare you favorite features from one to the other, but all these guys have really done is add to quality of features that we get with our phones. My hats off to all that have contributed great work, and I really hope you get something back for all your work and effort.
    Thank you all for a full featured phone that isn't limited to one phone carrier, and for provide most all of your time invested at no cost. Again my hat's off to you.
    and if you want to put up a few for pay apps that help to gain some cash for you time, that's cool with me.
    Hard work spotlights the character of people; some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234