Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Skype Coming Tomorrow (Already out in Japan)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yep, I had the same trouble. About 20 seconds then gone. I tried disabling clippy app support but the same happened. I will wait till it works before i re- install it.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

It worked fine for me on 2G using wireless someone call me thallock75

Can confirm working over 3g and Edge thanks to voipover3g

add: com.skype.skype to voipover3g's plist file

edit- can make about one call, then the app crashes. might be more stable over wifi in safe mode but won't be able to utilize voipover3g. so far i prefer nimbuzz
    Last edited by GodzillaAteMyiPhone; 03-30-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It's out on the Brazilian store as well.

Same thing: crashes after no more than 2 minutes.

I wonder if non-jailbroken phones (more free memory than most of us here) will be able to use more than a minute or two of iSkype...

EDIT: Works fine in Safe mode!
    Made a few calls (over wi-fi), fiddled around the options, and no crash so far (more than 15 minutes so far).

At last!
    I can now enter touch tones in a Skype call on a mobile phone!

Fring doesn't allow it, as well as any other phone VoIP client I've tried, e.g. Nokia's native SIP client.
    Haven't tried Nimbuzz though, as far as I remember...

Does anyone know of other free Skype or SIP clients for the iPhone (or Nokia S60_3rd (OT, I know)) that lets you enter touch tones during a VoIP call?

[Edit 2] Could it be detecting voipover3g (or cydia) and halting at that point?
    Last edited by nutz; 03-31-2009 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    Edit 2] Could it be detecting voipover3g (or cydia) and halting at that point?
    I dont think it can detect Cydia..... MAYBE, JUST MAYBE voipover3g... but i thought appstore apps arent suppose to have access to those files... I dunno just guessing here.

But whether from WiFi, or VoipOver3g... they both take you to the same place, the internet, so i dont think it is voipover3g either.

It COULD be due to jailbreaking and low RAM, I will try to confirm tomorrow... My neighbor has a 3G that is UN-jailbroken (iew...) I keep trying to talk him into joining the community, but I jailbroke his girlfriends phone when the 3G first came out, and she had no idea what she was doing, started to download random apps and it started to flake out on her... So, he's a bit skeptical... I'll bring him over to the dark side sooner or later though.

i TRIED using MemTool to clear out ram and got about 36 mb free and SKYPE still crashes, anyone able to confirm same issue with more free ram??
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

the only way it runs for me is in safe mode

I just donwload it as well and its crashing every time I try to type my user name , I cant even get pass that. I think att is having something to do with this cuz my void is also been doing that now for a minute now.
    Last edited by los4vws; 03-31-2009 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Appstore link

it only crashes constantly on jailbroken iphones.

it works for me after disabling clippy for app store apps. i could only test it with the skype test call number since i dont have anyone to test it with.

it crashes every minute though
    Last edited by CaCHooKa Man; 03-31-2009 at 03:23 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't work here either. Crashes when i try to enter my user details

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0FreeZ View Post
    I'm in Australia and just searched for it in App Store on my phone and found it. No reviews yet and the strange thing is that it was posted up on App Store on the 23rd of March :-/

I have installed it, extremely buggy at this stage, crashes after about 30 seconds every time. Even rebooted my phone, no effect. Hopefully they release a patch soon Will be great once it runs smoothly and over slower bandwidth.
    Wasnt there at 6am this morning.
    Downloading now.
    I am using 3 and have 1000 min a month to use on the account through 3G.I dont suppose it will support this yet.Heres hope.

Crashes
    Allot of noise for nothing
    Last edited by aussiebob; 03-31-2009 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My signiture? Whats that...............

there was something out weeks ago for skype. IM+ for skype

it works exactly like the app that's just new out. i've had no problems with it to this point.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemycat View Post
    it only crashes constantly on jailbroken iphones.
    I have a 2G jailbroken 2.2.1 iPhone and haven't experienced crashing yet. Both IM and VOIP work fine (so far). It may be related to conflicts with some other jailbroken app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works on my iPhone 2G - jailbroken...

Great App!

Screenshoots:
    IMG_0007 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    IMG_0002 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

It's working just fine on my 2G I tested it out lastnight with stealthbravo but his kept crashing.

the suggestion on turning off clippy app store support helped with the login issues. There is an update for mobile substrate via cydia which appears to have fixed the crashing issues. Only thing is the 3G/edge wifi trick will not work with this app. It still says you need to be connected to wifi. Overall for a first release the calls are clear and works well.

If you have a jailbroken iphone and Skype crashes... go to Cydia and update. It's a mobilesubsrate issue.

Also, someone give me the Voipover3g info to edit the plist for skype.

Update: Cydia corrects the crash issues with Skype

For anyone that wants it to work over 3g... Voipover3g.plist edit for skype is com.skype.skype
    Last edited by princemarko; 03-31-2009 at 07:29 AM.

I just downloaded it and it crashes every time I try to put in my username. I even reboot and no cigar. I'm using a 2G with 2.2.1 firmware....

Opps sorry didn't see the previous posts....I'll update via cydia and see how that works...
    Last edited by Dragonx; 03-31-2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Saurik is working on fixing the mobilesubstrate problems with cydia and Skype.
    Check Cydia to see if it's been fixed yet.

[Edit]As soon as I posted this I saw princemarko had already mentioned it 2 posts before mine - it wasn't there when I started typing - homnest![/Edit]
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast