Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Stores Now Selling Unsubsidized iPhone 3G, No Quantity Limit!

I figure these phones will come with 2.2.1 which has the new baseband as posted earlier. I know you can't unlock once the new baseband is on it. Is the dev team ever gonna try to crack the new one or figure a way to downgrade to the old one for yellow snow? Cause if that's the case these no contract phones are useless. I started to get excited and almost had my friend pick one up now that she's in the states but I'm not gonna risk it if the phones are 2.2.1 baseband....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    the top as in next to the power button
    Why?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by akosko01 View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you that some AT&T "staff" visit this site?
    It's pretty well known that Apple has "good" employees, and that no one likes going to their carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonx View Post
    I figure these phones will come with 2.2.1 which has the new baseband as posted earlier. I know you can't unlock once the new baseband is on it. Is the dev team ever gonna try to crack the new one or figure a way to downgrade to the old one for yellow snow? Cause if that's the case these no contract phones are useless. I started to get excited and almost had my friend pick one up now that she's in the states but I'm not gonna risk it if the phones are 2.2.1 baseband....
    My phone came with firmware 2.2.1 and baseband 2.30.03, i inserted my AT&T sim(no iphone plan), and it worked flawlessly. I bought the phone at the apple store, with no contract for ~$647. Seems as if it was factory unlocked.

Thanks

My phone came with firmware 2.2.1 and baseband 2.30.03, i inserted my AT&T sim(no iphone plan), and it worked flawlessly. I bought the phone at the apple store, with no contract for ~$647. Seems as if it was factory unlocked.
    Wrong. There have been no reports of Apple or AT&T selling unlocked iPhone 3G's in the USA, not even with the unsubsidized iPhones 3g's being sold now.

Any AT&T 3G SIM's will work with a locked iPhone 3G. Try inserting a T-Mobile SIM and then report back the results. While you can still jailbreak 2.2.1 & BB 2.30, you can not use it with any other carrier but AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    Wrong. There have been no reports of Apple or AT&T selling unlocked iPhone 3G's in the USA, not even with the unsubsidized iPhones 3g's being sold now.

Any AT&T 3G SIM's will work with a locked iPhone 3G. Try inserting a T-Mobile SIM and then report back the results. While you can still jailbreak 2.2.1 & BB 2.30, you can not use it with any other carrier but AT&T.
    Hm, i was told that even though i had an AT&T sim, i would have to unlock because i didn't have an iphone plan. Ill look into it.

Please let me know when you're going to Steve Jobs house to throw all your apple equipment through his window. I'd love to see you get arrested!
    fortunately i will never have to because apple has some sort of sense

what do you think im policing? i simpily disagreed with alot of things in this thread and i put it in 1 big ol post

I'm defenetly not buying the new one. 3g will do just fine. Next year I'll buy the new one. And $700 for an iPhone?? Defenetly not worth the money. Never. Buy a lap top instead. Here in Canada that would be $830 LOL. R u out of your mind? I bought my 16gig iPhone for $200 at launch date. LOL well worth the $200.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonx View Post
    Here in the UK some shops are still selling with FW 2.01

When FW3.0 comes out the Dev team will unlock that and any phone with BB2.30 can be upgraded to that. In the mean time it is either AT&T or a piggyback SIM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Sorry but i will wait in line again with whatever amount of cash apple wants for the damn new iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Sorry but i will wait in line again with whatever amount of cash apple wants for the damn new iphone.
    Apple must love you!

I really don't see anything that's been suggested for the new iPhone that I want and I'm not sure that Apple could pull anything out of the hat to persuade me.

Gone are the days when I used to earn enough to buy something just because it's new and shiny....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

im really looking forward o faster processing, i also like to have the latest and greatest apple gear

I can't wait for MMS and copy and paste!!!
    That's so revolutionarY!!! AND IT WILL MAKE THE IPHONE LIGHTYEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETION MWAHAHAHA.

am I cool yet?
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by auburnguy32 View Post
    I can't wait for MMS and copy and paste!!!
    That's so revolutionarY!!! AND IT WILL MAKE THE IPHONE LIGHTYEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETION MWAHAHAHA.

am I cool yet?
    I wouldnt say you're cool but you are something.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123