Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmware 2.0 - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    Yeah I know, but with how slow its taking them to add features I bet it won't be added untill 5000000000.7.9. lol

NullRiver is going to have to write Installer for 2.0, because the iPhone is going to be crap without third party apps to make up for Apples restrictions.
    I'd be willing to bet that they have been privately compiling internal builds for each beta and aren't releasing them so that Apple won't change anything in the APIs that they really depend on. That way they can be ready for when 2.0 comes out and is jailbroken, if we are able to do it that is.

is the 2.0 firmware being realeased for the older 8gb iphones? im confused. or is it just being realeased with the new 3G phones

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigalpimp View Post
    is the 2.0 firmware being realeased for the older 8gb iphones? im confused. or is it just being realeased with the new 3G phones
    Pretty sure it's coming out for the first gen too...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

So I'm using T-Mobile and unlocked my 8 gigger with Ziphone + iBrickr. My current firmware is 1.1.4. How can I upgrade to this 2.0 firmware when it's out ?

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    So I'm using T-Mobile and unlocked my 8 gigger with Ziphone + iBrickr. My current firmware is 1.1.4. How can I upgrade to this 2.0 firmware when it's out ?
    I just got the power to see the future.. wow!! future is so good...

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by My_Name_Is_Neo View Post
    I just got the power to see the future.. wow!! future is so good...
    That's a bit of a rude post noob.

@ bunnywhi7e, we'll probably use PwnageTool or WinPwn, depending on you computer's OS. ZiPhone, iLiberty and iDemocracy will be a bit behind. But no one can be sure yet...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Can't wait 4 genius 2 jailbreak this 2.0 firmware.

Keep up the good work guys

Thanks

all this talk about jailbreaking, but did anyone watch the keynote or listen to it?

the appstore will have an enterprise option, for businesses. whats to say our business isnt everyone and the iphones aloud to download from our enterprise are every iphone on the planet.

would be like repo's, but through the appstore.

unlocking would be the major problem i forsee....

I think Reeko is right we may not even have to jailbreak after 2.0. We will either have to fake a digital signature so the phone/iTunes thinks the app is legit or we will be able to use the enterprise route to get apps to the phone through iTunes.
    Always remember that you are unique....just like everyone else.

Question about firmware 2.0 and the notification stuff. During the Keynote did you notice they talk about the lack of background daemons in the SDK can how getting notifications is a problem. So they build a notification server?

Now, it is possible that this is a control mechanism so that you must be a valid activated iPhone user to use the notification system and that the Exchange PUSH uses that notification engine as well?

Basically, does anyone know using the 2.,0 betas if the Exchange Server is doing the iMap push or is it getting it from somewhere else, (like an Apple server)???

Cause that would SUCK!

Thanks

so basically only communicating with legitimately activated iphones?

that would suck, i cant see apple going that far out of their way. that is completely and utterly apples side of things, and when it comes to apps etc. they are just going to want to sell as many as possible.

i think any iphone that is activated/hactivated and unlocked will be able to use the iphone to its full potential as before.

i went into apple today to buy a wireless keyboard and asked 2 geniuses about the iphone 3g on pay as you go, and they looked at eachother a bit un-reasuuringly as if they couldnt see it happening and they said "we dont know anything yet about price, but they think they are going to be able to offer PAYG". i know its only 2 apple workers and they probably dont know all that much right now but thought i would mention this...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234