Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmware 2.0 - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by hidehide View Post
    Thats for the 3rd party application restriction.

Safari and iPod app isnt 3rd party applications.
    well then that sentence needs to be rewritten, because that's not what it says right now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmber View Post
    well then that sentence needs to be rewritten, because that's not what it says right now.
    The text you quoted is straight from the new SDK, and it says pretty clearly '3rd party applications cannot run in the background' - so the iPod app, or any of Apple's own programs presumably can ...

the only problem with that is that the Apple made apps really don't come out left and right, or at all really. I'd love to see a multi service IM app and an RSS reader that is independent of Safari. But hey, that's just me
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    If what is above this post is correct, then we are in for quite an enhancement. BTW, the iPhone allegedly uses the CSR BlueCore4 chip. And it DOES support A2DP and even AVRCP. I don't know where you got your info from...

I would love to see this in the update. An internet radio app would be awesome too. I like iRadio, but it really isn't kept updated at all... (At least recently) This is all part of Apples marketing scheme; It is so like them. They come out with the device, and all the early adopters buy in. They then let it sit out there, release a larger capacity version, and now this update. It keeps reeling in new adopters. I bet that most if not all of these 'new' features have been ready since day one, they were/are just milking the success of releasing these features, one- and two- at a time As long as I can downgrade back to f/w revisions that have been jailbroken, then I have no issue
    Apple is a bit notorious for doing this. For example, the final version, not a beta or anything, of 1.1.3 was ready on December 5, 2007

i tried search for files that relates to iphone today, and came up with this 'iphone20 beta.rar' file whose size is 158 MB.

Anyone else seen this? Can't seem to download because it has no seeder.
    But I think I will just keep it on, just in case a seeder decide to login again.

Those who has enough experience in searching for files in the web will know exactly what type of file search that I am talking about, and will be more than capable of finding the same file. It's still there.

If any of you are interested and not able to fine this file, send me a PM.

But it may well be just another scammer that just wrapped 1.1.4 firmware and named it 2.0

But then, is it even possible that there will be a leak of 2.0 firmware?
    I believe iphone enterprise beta program could lead to the leak of 2.0 firmware but the application has been up for only a couple days, and I doubt any company got accepted this early.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    The text you quoted is straight from the new SDK, and it says pretty clearly '3rd party applications cannot run in the background' - so the iPod app, or any of Apple's own programs presumably can ...
    Look, I hate to get all grammatical, but those are two independent clauses. The one that I bolded says that two iphone apps cannot run at the same time. This is quite obviously not true. That's why I said the sentence needs to be rewritten.

Thanks

Look, I hate to get all grammatical, but those are two independent clauses. The one that I bolded says that two iphone apps cannot run at the same time. This is quite obviously not true. That's why I said the sentence needs to be rewritten.
    Lol. Then that's something to take up with the Apple document writers, not MMi members. Fact is, Apple will not let Third Party Apps run along side Apple Apps. Plain and simple.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Fair point. Wonder whether they intentionally kept it from being crystal clear at first look. Or maybe they just borrowed the whole paragraph straight outta the Palm playbook

My pants are soggy for Exchange......

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pendulum83 View Post
    i tried search for files that relates to iphone today, and came up with this 'iphone20 beta.rar' file whose size is 158 MB.

Anyone else seen this? Can't seem to download because it has no seeder.
    But I think I will just keep it on, just in case a seeder decide to login again.

But it may well be just another scammer that just wrapped 1.1.4 firmware and named it 2.0
    I seriously bet it's a scam. Only 'blessed' developers are getting advanced copies of the firmware. Also, I would highly suspect that the firmware is locked down to AT&T. BTW, checked bay and hunt but could not find it...
    Last edited by imode; 03-10-2008 at 04:32 PM.

My guess is that the 2.0 update wont change things dramaticly... The apps can be rewritten and installer can still be active! In advance the quality of the software can be inproved (not that i dislike the apps, but sometimes they just feel really incomplete). People will then have the chance to choose to pay for third party apps or download them for free from the installer. Ok, i admit this will be a new chalenge! But hey, we already won the first round. And if people just abandon installer, the piracy levels will just go up a bit! I love my apps, and i use freeware as much as i can, but if there ia no other way, then piracy will have to do! As i mentioned in the earlier post, there is no need for panic at this time. Lets see what the update will bring and dont forget we have the dev team on our side . (Gratz boys)

I just want copy/paste
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to listenclose For This Useful Post:

GodzillaAteMyiPhone (03-11-2008), Napoleon_PhoneApart (05-25-2008)

could someone please clarify the whole exchange thing? my company bought blackberry service and will not offer any support for other devices, so i have to figure this out myself.

I access email both through OWA on IE and through outlook (both on and off the VPN). someone said something to the affect that outlook, when not connected to the VPN, uses http to connect to the excahnge server? either way, will the new firmware allow me to access exchange email like i currently access my yahoo and gmail, or did i not provide enough information to know for certain? I was hoping however my outlook connects to email without using the VPN will be the same way the iphone will connect?

I'll be happy if we can forward text messages, without having to jailbreak our iPhone lol

Powerful! As I know, 2.0 even support Chinese/Japanese handwritting recognition input directly.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm feeling like 2.0 is going to be pretty darn disappointing...

To make it a true advancement in development, 2.0 needs:
    • Copy/Paste
    • MMS
    • Better Bluetooth Support
    • Flash
    • SMS forwarding
    • IM
    • Video Recording
    • & much more that is missing from the 1.*.* firmware's...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    I'm feeling like 2.0 is going to be pretty darn disappointing...

To make it a true advancement in development, 2.0 needs:
    • Copy/Paste
    • MMS
    • Better Bluetooth Support
    • Flash
    • SMS forwarding
    • IM
    • Video Recording
    • & much more that is missing from the 1.*.* firmware's...
    LOL ! It will be ONLY in firmware 2000000000.2/3 lol.,they wont make it all in this FW....

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    LOL ! It will be ONLY in firmware 2000000000.2/3 lol.,they wont make it all in this FW....
    Yeah I know, but with how slow its taking them to add features I bet it won't be added untill 5000000000.7.9. lol

NullRiver is going to have to write Installer for 2.0, because the iPhone is going to be crap without third party apps to make up for Apples restrictions.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast