+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SlingBox's SlingPlayer submitted to AppStore

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
another reason slingplayer for iPhone will NEVER get released is because AT&T offers a TV service for devices like the LG-VU. With Apple selling tv shows on itunes and AT&T
    iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

another reason slingplayer for iPhone will NEVER get released is because AT&T offers a TV service for devices like the LG-VU. With Apple selling tv shows on itunes and AT&T selling TV via its own network, it will never happen. We will see an app for AT&T mobile TV before we see this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Slingplayer is already available and widely used on many PDA phones on the ATT network.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Slingplayer is already available and widely used on many PDA phones on the ATT network.
    yes, but those devices (Blackberry Bold, WM5 & WM6 smartphones) are a drop in the bucket compared to the iPhone.
    the iPhone is resposible for 50% ot AT&T traffic.
    from appleinsider.com...
    Reports have already indicated that about half of the mobile data traffic AT&T handles is related to the iPhone. Web statistics from Net Applications also show that more than two thirds of all US mobile web data traffic is used by the iPhone, which also makes use of WiFi.

Thanks

I guess we will see if the app is approved or not. Time will tell. However, I doubt that Slingmedia would put all the time, attention, and finances they have into it if it had received any negative feedback from either Apple or ATT.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it better get approved because I just bought/received/setup my first slingbox pro hd yesterday. (in anticipation for this) I got everything working great so far, all I need now is the sling player for my iphone!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did you see this TUAW article?

Sling rains on its own parade

by Mel Martin on Apr 2nd 2009 at 12:00PM
    Last week we were pretty excited that the new Slingplayer app for iPhone had been submitted to Apple for approval. Now it seems, the folks at SlingMedia are determined to really get a large percentage of their customers angry about forcing them to have the latest Slingbox hardware in order to be compatible with the iPhone/ iPod touch app.

A page on the SlingMedia website suggests owners of older Sling hardware get an upgrade because the new iPhone software "and future services yet to be announced will only be supported for customers using Slingbox SOLO, Slingbox PRO and Slingbox PRO-HD products or forthcoming SlingLoaded products." That still leaves a lot of the older hardware a no-go, and that older hardware worked well with the SlingPlayer Mobile app on other cellphones, including those running on Windows Mobile, Blackberry, Palm and the Symbian OS.

Our sister site, Engadget, reports that they've been told that previous builds of the app worked just fine with the older hardware, so this may just be runaway greed and avarice at SlingMedia.

In my post last week I said that Sling users would be circling Apple HQ with torches and pitchforks if Apple did not approve the SlingPlayer Mobile iPhone app. Now those people might want to gather in Foster City, California to let the execs at Sling know that they don't want to be forced into an upgrade that is likely not needed.

Our thanks to various readers who sent this in.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    It is excellent. The sharpness is superb. The brightness is better than expected, although it is not good in direct bright light. I purchased it for the specific purpose of doing powerpoint/slideshows while in a small meeting at, say, a restaurant or a small meeting room with a group of 4-6 people. Works perfectly for this.
    EDIT CPJR - Couldnt hardly understand what you were trying to say, but I'll say this....no profanity, at any time.
    Last edited by cpjr; 04-07-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks

I'm never in that condition, nor in that place, so it's not an issue. Couldn't tell you how it would function under those circumstances.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Man I am excited to try this out!

Thanks

If anyone in Canada is thinking about getting a slingbox dell.ca is in the process of a 48 hr sale. I'm not sure when it ends but you save $100 from the regular marked price. $279 is the sale price.
    You don't have to lie to kick it.

Thanks

So, with $100 off Dell are selling it for the same price as you can get it in the UK? Impressive.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

*sigh*

honestly - nothing is cheaper in the UK. we pay out the *** for pretty much everything

Dell - Search - All Dell.com

and if you looked at the link, it is not the solo, its the pro.

PC World UK Computer Superstore - Buy cheap computers, laptops, desktop PCs, printers, LCD TVs, sat nav, digital cameras and more..

even at the pc world discounted price of 163, it is still 10 cheaper than in the UK.

Although the solo works out 10 more expensive in Canada.

AND

the pro on the UK PCWorld store is an SB200 and the Canadian one is an SB300? i dont keep in touch with the sling stuff to know the difference between them if any bu id guess the SB300 is newer (and cheaper)

so here in the UK we get screwed, again.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Not sure why you buy from places that are so expensive - I just found SB200-110 SLING MEDIA SLINGBOX PRO IN
    admitidly it is the 200 not the 300 (I have no idea what the difference is) but this is a standard non discounted price.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple you are killing me. This was submitted 2 weeks ago. Approve it, alright!!!

Thanks

I Got Mine For $234 Brand New off eBay last week. I like the way it looks on my BlackBerry Bold, but I know that it will look much better on my iPhone.

The Slingbox PRO-HD offers HD streaming, multiple input, and a built-in digital tuner that allows you to watch TV independently of your cable box in case someone else is watching your TV at home and you still want to connect to your home system. The Pro Classic does not have these features.
    Last edited by bamgates; 04-09-2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I don't want any of those features all I want is to be able to use my classic

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Omg just realease the sling plzzzzz!!!
    Can apple stop releasing useless apps that no-one is going to buy and release something that is long been waited for and will be a sure sell even at $30 bucks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Three weeks since it was submitted and still waiting. Please release it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Last edited by JazJon; 04-16-2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Feeding frenzy. BGR makes a speculative report, not based on fact. Another site picks up BGR's report, and by restating it, adds to it's net-credability. Then when a third site reads the second site and reports it as news, it is no longer rumor but fact substantiated by other sources.

I can tell you exactly when we will know for sure about this app. When it is reported on the Slingmedia site, and/or when it is found in the AppStore. Anything else is nothing but rumor and speculation.