+ Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want 3.0? Don't Have an iPhone Developer Program Account? Devs are Selling Spots.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by varsityanchor I will continue to sell dev spots for $1.00 each until users stop posting ridiculous prices in this forum. Just PM me! -Varsity hi varsity, please
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by varsityanchor View Post
    I will continue to sell dev spots for $1.00 each until users stop posting ridiculous prices in this forum.

Just PM me!

-Varsity
    hi varsity, please check your PM, thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

none of you need to buy a dev spot anymore. here are instructions on how to upgrade to 3.0 and still have AT&T's network working on your iPhone.

Upgrade or restore to 3.0 and use Quickpwn to only jailbreak 3.0 (jailbrek only- do not select activate).
    when finished use ( iUtilite ) google it. Install and open the folder that iUtilitie is installed in. Delete the upgrade file. Run iUtilite and ignore the little popup that comes up asking for an IP address (press the red x button).
    This software allows you to change the firmware version to 2.2 or 2.2.1 as you chose by using the string editor tab. and then restart iphone then connect to pc and let iTunes activate your iPhone . By changing the firmware version number to 2.2.1, iTunes will skip the Developer check and allow you to activate your phone and sync with iTunes. After activation , change the firmware to its orginal 3.0 if you want. some apps may not work if you keep the firmware version at 2.2.1, so changing it back to 3.0 may solve that problem.

This tricks iTunes into activating your iPhone as if you were still on firmware 2.2.1. You will have a fully functional and jailbroken 3.0 that is Activated on your cellular network.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csoccer1 For This Useful Post:

DiPSET08 (04-10-2009), KoolMan0 (04-19-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x1x1x1 View Post
    hi, is there anyone from indonesia have developer slot? problem is i'm under age and cannot make paypal account. If anyone willing to help me, please PM me, i really want to try os 3.0.

Thanks,
    Im in the same boat buddy. Im 15, and I dont have a bank account, so I cant have a PP account

Quote Originally Posted by csoccer1 View Post
    none of you need to buy a dev spot anymore. here are instructions on how to upgrade to 3.0 and still have AT&T's network working on your iPhone.

Upgrade or restore to 3.0 and use Quickpwn to only jailbreak 3.0 (jailbrek only- do not select activate).
    when finished use ( iUtilite ) google it. Install and open the folder that iUtilitie is installed in. Delete the upgrade file. Run iUtilite and ignore the little popup that comes up asking for an IP address (press the red x button).
    This software allows you to change the firmware version to 2.2 or 2.2.1 as you chose by using the string editor tab. and then restart iphone then connect to pc and let iTunes activate your iPhone . By changing the firmware version number to 2.2.1, iTunes will skip the Developer check and allow you to activate your phone and sync with iTunes. After activation , change the firmware to its orginal 3.0 if you want. some apps may not work if you keep the firmware version at 2.2.1, so changing it back to 3.0 may solve that problem.

This tricks iTunes into activating your iPhone as if you were still on firmware 2.2.1. You will have a fully functional and jailbroken 3.0 that is Activated on your cellular network.

I tried doing this, and I get all the way to where you actually do the jail break, it says waiting to recognize your phone in recovery mode or what ever and doesn't recognize it when its at the purple screen. And if I try to do the 5 sec, then 10, then 30 dec process nothing happens. Im stumped, It worked fine for 2.2.1

Thanks

If you don't have a PayPal account send me 100 in cash and I will add you.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Odd 3.0 issue. Anytime i reboot the the phone i end up with a gang of blank webclips on my springboard. I have to delete them all every time. I am using 3g that was 2.1(?) jailbroken and upgraded to 3.0. Any ideas??

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^They were installed with a theme you used to have.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I figured that.. How in the world do i get rid of them at this point. I figured since i did a restore they would be deleted. Any adivce? Thanks...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where did u get it free

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csoccer1 View Post

Thanks, this worked for me. No need to pay anyone to get a spot.

Thanks

Hey! I was wondering if anyone has a free dev spot. My boyfriend really wants to try 3.0 If anyone can msg me I would greatly appreciate it. =)

Thanks

Why on earth does your b/f want to try it if he's not a developer?
    Do him a favour and persuade him it's not worth it!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Question: When doing a restore I thought all the files were re-written. Why would i still have blank webclips from a previous theme i installed? Is the only way to get rid of this is jailbreaking 3.0 and deleting the webclips folder via SSH??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone willing to give/sell for a cheap a spot on their developer account, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackedOutMugen View Post
    Im in the same boat buddy. Im 15, and I dont have a bank account, so I cant have a PP account

I tried doing this, and I get all the way to where you actually do the jail break, it says waiting to recognize your phone in recovery mode or what ever and doesn't recognize it when its at the purple screen. And if I try to do the 5 sec, then 10, then 30 dec process nothing happens. Im stumped, It worked fine for 2.2.1

See my post in the iPhone General Chat, describing the process in detail.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bringing this back up

Does anyone have any more slots for no more then a few bucks? My dad said he would send a few bucks.

PM me please with a price and PP addy

Im sick of windows, and I cant get jail breaking to work worth a poo. I need SP3 for XP...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

me too!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I cant use my phone till i can get on a dev account or somehow pull a miracle out of my rear end and have quickpwn suddenly work. Because as it is, I cant my phone out of the DFU mode if I try to restore

I get the 1013 error, and quit itunes, do a 15 sec home/sleep button, then 2 sec home button after. And plug it back in and it doesnt recognize it... but i can update back to 3.0 fine...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

6 some one plz help
    Last edited by pyranderson; 04-20-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

dont post your udid. pm me if you want a spot

21. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

pyranderson (04-20-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does any one have any spots open they're willing to part with on their DEV account? I want to upgrade to beta 5. PM me details and I'll PM you my UDID. Thanks!

If anyone had DEV spots open under their account I'm looking to upgrade to beta 5 and can PM you my UDID number. PM me and let me know! Thank you!

Sean
    Last edited by seantheproducer; 05-28-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost