+ Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want 3.0? Don't Have an iPhone Developer Program Account? Devs are Selling Spots.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by seantheproducer Does any one have any spots open they're willing to part with on their DEV account? I want to upgrade to beta 5. PM me details
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seantheproducer View Post
    Does any one have any spots open they're willing to part with on their DEV account? I want to upgrade to beta 5. PM me details and I'll PM you my UDID. Thanks!
    Why don't you just read the sig of the previous post to yours and PM him instead of expecting him to read your post and contact you?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually did send him a PM, but I was just putting it out there that I'm looking as well, keeping my options open in case there are any other developers on here that have slots open. Seems logical, right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

It's interesting that my thread was closed but this one isn't.

Thanks

Your thread was asking people to post links to pirated software , this one isn't. What's so confusing?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Your thread was asking people to post links to pirated software , this one isn't. What's so confusing?
    Where would you get the idea that I was asking for links? I asked for help on setting it up because I don't know the next steps to take and the dev wouldn't help me after adding my UDID to his dev account. I read in other threads that devs emailed the necessary files and how-to's to their beta testers. So in short, I was asking for help with the process. I don't want pirated software; I'm not that desparate.

Thanks

When I asked where to go from there (in regards to downloading the beta and iTunes pre-release) he told me to "Google it. It's out there." Great, thanks. I know other devs have good-naturedly provided this info to their testers.

So can anyone tell me where to find this? I've googled my eyes out of my head and I'm just spinning my wheels at this point.
    Sounds like asking for links to me. Links to Apples beta software are not allowed.

Thanks

Sounds like asking for links to me. Links to Apples beta software are not allowed.
    Let's get something straight here. HE told me to Google it. I wanted to know what I needed to do to get a legitimate version, since Apple is allowing 100 iPhones for each Dev account. That is why I was frustrated that he said to Google it and why I posted the thread. I guess my last statement could be misconstrued as asking for links, but I was really just asking what else I needed to do to get Beta 5 on my phone.
    Other devs emailed the necessary files to their testers; that's kind of what I was expecting when I asked to be added. I suppose beggars can't be choosers, but it really does me no good to be added to a dev account and then not given any direction on the next steps in the process.
    Doesn't matter much now though. While I'd still like to try out Beta 5, I can wait a few weeks for the finished version to be released.

Thanks

I sent Paul.Rhein (who is now banned) an email after he offered in a previous thread free beta tester spots
    Sorry, just want to 'get something straight here' - you sent somneone an email who people, myself included, thought was a con man. He told you to 'Google for it' - buy which he means find some illegal file sharing site that will let you download cr*p. He was banned from this site because he is a con man and now you ask on here for someone to provide illegal software?

There are plenty of good people on here willing to help but if you don't take people's advice and contact a con man please do not expect people to sort out their mess.

If you want FW3.0 betas there are plenty of people who will help but don't expect people to sort out someone else's mess.

Contact someone who is not a con man - there are many good people here - why did you chose one of the very few people that was not?

Do not expect us to support someone who was obviously a con man and was banned as soon as it was prudent to do so - but right from the start his legitimacy was questioned.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

That is the difference between the guys who are giving it away for free and the guys charging a few bucks. A few bucks isn't much to ask for someone to upload files and send you links every few weeks. I hate when people complain that they are not getting much support from someone who registered them for free.

Thanks

Sorry, just want to 'get something straight here' - you sent somneone an email who people, myself included, thought was a con man. He told you to 'Google for it' - buy which he means find some illegal file sharing site that will let you download cr*p. He was banned from this site because he is a con man and now you ask on here for someone to provide illegal software?

There are plenty of good people on here willing to help but if you don't take people's advice and contact a con man please do not expect people to sort out their mess.

If you want FW3.0 betas there are plenty of people who will help but don't expect people to sort out someone else's mess.

Contact someone who is not a con man - there are many good people here - why did you chose one of the very few people that was not?

Do not expect us to support someone who was obviously a con man and was banned as soon as it was prudent to do so - but right from the start his legitimacy was questioned.
    I only recently signed up for this forum; I didn't know he was a con man. And is it considered illegal software if your UDID is registered with a dev?

I don't want to seem ungrateful, I would have paid for a spot, but this was free and I jumped at it like most others would (provided the source was legitimate, unlike this guy - which I didn't know at the time).

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

If you need something related to the dev program just send a pm to a dev on here and see if they will help you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03 View Post
    I only recently signed up for this forum; I didn't know he was a con man. And is it considered illegal software if your UDID is registered with a dev?

I don't want to seem ungrateful, I would have paid for a spot, but this was free and I jumped at it like most others would (provided the source was legitimate, unlike this guy - which I didn't know at the time).
    It is always a problem, I smelt a rat as soon as I saw him. Generally if someone has lots of posts they can be trusted - or, if they have just tried to get their post count up and then offer something unusual they will be queried. As with all walks of life, if something seems to good to be true, it usually is. Unfortunately you got caught before he was banned .

It is legal for a dev to provide the software to a registered tester on his/her account. It is illegal to post it in an open forum. You are in the grey area somewhere in the middle.

Hopefully a dev will provide you with the software.

It annoys me that you were ripped off by someone on this forum, the vast majority of people here are decent and honest. Lots are willing to share information and help us all and some are seriously clever. It is a great forum and I hope your bad experience does not put you off!

Good luck.

Thanks

It is always a problem, I smelt a rat as soon as I saw him. Generally if someone has lots of posts they can be trusted - or, if they have just tried to get their post count up and then offer something unusual they will be queried. As with all walks of life, if something seems to good to be true, it usually is. Unfortunately you got caught before he was banned .

It is legal for a dev to provide the software to a registered tester on his/her account. It is illegal to post it in an open forum. You are in the grey area somewhere in the middle.

Hopefully a dev will provide you with the software.

It annoys me that you were ripped off by someone on this forum, the vast majority of people here are decent and honest. Lots are willing to share information and help us all and some are seriously clever. It is a great forum and I hope your bad experience does not put you off!

Good luck.
    Ehhh, it's all good, I can wait for 3.0 to get here And I wouldn't call it being ripped off, since I didn't pay for anything. Ah well, lesson learned.
    Sorry I got crabby; I was frustrated and aggravated by his answers.
    Don't worry, I'm not put off. Takes much more than that to get rid of me!
    Thanks for your help!

And Stealth, definitely noted for next time.

Thanks

3.0 Final shouldn't be long - I have to wait a bit longer until it can be unlocked so you'll still be enjoying it before me
    Have fun and welcome to MMI

+ Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910