Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
According to a report on BGR an AT&T big-shot has confirmed a few iPhone rumors and reveals some of AT&T's plans for the summer. Most of this we already know...
03-23-2009, 07:06 PM #1
AT&T Exec Confirms iPhone Details?
According to a report on BGR an AT&T big-shot has confirmed a few iPhone rumors and reveals some of AT&T's plans for the summer. Most of this we already know but the following is supposed to be 100% accurate + wtf netbook?
- New iPhone announcement around mid-June (duh)
- New iPhone will be faster and have a more seamless experience unmatched by any device (could be just talking about 3.0, but we think it’s also a new iPhone)
- U-Verse iPhone application; will allow control of your home DVR (play, pause, rewind, etc.)
- The annual iPhone launch is “becoming a tradition.”
- Nothing official is being confirmed, but they said that people should prep for an exciting time this summer.
- AT&T is said to be working with Apple to create a unified product with an unparalleled experience across all their products and services.
- Apple’s 3.0 software should tell us where the iPhone platform is going… uh, k?
- They said customers shouldn’t need to choose from AT&T’s high-end devices because of features, they should choose based on preferences. The gap in capability should be filled with the new iPhone. Ok, bets on slide out QWERTY, autofocus camera, video sharing, blah blah?
- Seems like the higher speed HSDPA (7.2Mbps) is being hinted at too which should confirm the earlier rumors of the new Infineon chipset.
- The $99 3G netbook will start selling this summer, and the first one won’t be a Windows OS.
03-23-2009, 07:14 PM #2
slide out qwerty seems bizarre on an iphone (that is if im reading this right).. and a 99 dollar netbook that rele isnt a bad price depends on whats under the small lid
03-23-2009, 07:21 PM #3
$99 netbook, wha- wha- what? I don't think Apple would want 2 of it's products to compete...
03-23-2009, 07:25 PM #4
I will never buy an iPhone with a physical keyboard. NEVER! I love the virtual keyboard + auto-correction too much. I can type on my iPhone faster than I ever could on any other phone.Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
If I didn't, press it anyway.
03-23-2009, 07:25 PM #5
I'm pretty sure the slide out keyboard will never happen with the iPhone, i think that was BGR's interpretation (albeit a wrong one lol)iLive an iLife
03-23-2009, 07:27 PM #6
Regardless of what the details turn out to be, I'll be ready to upgrade in June. :-)21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
iPhone 4 32 GB l TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
03-23-2009, 07:41 PM #7
What do you guys think our providers will do if were still tied in to the 18 month contract for the iphone 3g?
I would defo trade up my 3g for a new version after the dev team jailbreak
03-23-2009, 07:43 PM #8
looks like there are so many things to come with apple and at&t.
Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 03-23-2009 at 07:45 PM.-[r]
if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM #9
i want a screen that does not crack >:/
03-23-2009, 07:46 PM #10
03-23-2009, 07:47 PM #11
Man, I'm kinda thinking the DVR remote function is dumb...
03-23-2009, 07:53 PM #12
AT&T is said to be working with Apple to create a unified product with an unparalleled experience across all their products and services.
i think. =D
03-23-2009, 07:53 PM #13
03-23-2009, 07:56 PM #14
It would be tight if the slideout keyboard was touch screen too
03-23-2009, 07:58 PM #15
That $99 netbook came from out of nowhere, I'd like to see that. And the dvr sounds cool, we've got remotes for everything else, why not dvr? Would be cool if we could somehow seamlessly take the shows on our phone too"Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th
03-23-2009, 08:01 PM #16
03-23-2009, 08:06 PM #17
im not joking
but i cant wait to summer
i've got good money on my pocket just for apple
03-23-2009, 08:19 PM #18
Yeah, those of us with the 3G contracts are effed on price. Gonna have to pony up out-of-pocket. Sucks
03-23-2009, 08:26 PM #19
welp this meen i will be seeling my iphone...and never buying another one. If apple is going to release an iphone a year that means they will intentionaly withhold capabilities that should/could be on a current modle to the following year. Instead of driving inovation they are again pilaging there cult like following. First they want to make jailbreak illegal now they want to hold your money hostage every summer. Futhermore, just because apple was first doesnt mean they will be best. Take a look at the Nvidea concept phone. I have been on this forum for like 2 years or somthing crazy, and i have seen alot of ups and downs in people moods but this is the first time i have noticed a zombiefication of you people. Dont blindly fall into another iphone crap shoot, look at the devices offerd by other companies that are comming at the same time as this new iphone and devices that will be comming out shortly.
The Following User Says Thank You to silent revolt For This Useful Post:
03-23-2009, 09:30 PM #20
I do. No other phones have real web browsing, iTunes support, and a huge underground open development scene. Apple phones are the only phones I will buy for the rest of my life.