+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Exec Confirms iPhone Details?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
^In all honestly, its the same thing every other company does....seriously. If they dont come out with new/better stuff and people dont buy it, their out of business. Everyone does
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^In all honestly, its the same thing every other company does....seriously. If they dont come out with new/better stuff and people dont buy it, their out of business.

Everyone does it.....Apple is emphasized for us because we're into it. We're on this site, we've got an iphone.

I have a blackberry also, Blackberry is coming out with several new/better phones this year alone.

Its simple company propaganda, no different from anybody else......aside from the fact that Apple seems to do it better

Thanks

Exactly. How many iterations of the RAZR are we up to now? 12?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Slide out keyboard would be very ugly and stupid on the iPhone. The firmware and OS is made for the multi touch screen anyway. Slide out keyboard feels cheap too.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent revolt View Post
    welp this meen i will be seeling my iphone...and never buying another one. If apple is going to release an iphone a year that means they will intentionaly withhold capabilities that should/could be on a current modle to the following year. Instead of driving inovation they are again pilaging there cult like following. First they want to make jailbreak illegal now they want to hold your money hostage every summer. Futhermore, just because apple was first doesnt mean they will be best. Take a look at the Nvidea concept phone. I have been on this forum for like 2 years or somthing crazy, and i have seen alot of ups and downs in people moods but this is the first time i have noticed a zombiefication of you people. Dont blindly fall into another iphone crap shoot, look at the devices offerd by other companies that are comming at the same time as this new iphone and devices that will be comming out shortly.

Sweet! How much do you want for your phone then?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

These rumors are getting out of hand. I fully expect in a couple of weeks to hear about how the iPhone turns into a plane and shoot rockets. As for Apple and a possible new phone, I still think that Apple has it REALLY good with their upgradable FW that can add feature. They can skip releasing a phone this year by instead releasing an awesome FW (3.0) that adds TONS of new features. It extends the life of the current phone, minimizes complains of people who don't want to buy a phone only for it being obsolete months after and let's you push out even more units of a phone that's awesome. Then next summer once most 3G's are almost up for contract, release the new model.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 03-23-2009 at 11:11 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

imode (03-24-2009)

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by happy noodle boy View Post
    these rumors are getting out of hand. I fully expect in a couple of weeks to hear about how the iphone turns into a plane and shoot rockets.
    roflmmfao

Thanks

I bet a new iPhone is released.. Apple knows that by releasing a new iPhone that many of the 3G owners that are still tied to their contracts are going to run out and pay full price for the new one. It's just more money for them. I thought people were crazy when they ditched their 1st gen iPhone and signed another contract for the 3G. I'm glad I didn't. IMHO nothing about the 3G really "wow'ed" me. Hopefully this new one will.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Won't it be like last June where if you had an original iPhone on your account before the release date you could get the new one at the subsidized price as long as your renewed your contract? That's what I did with mine at least. AT&T was really cool about it.

If anyone wants a perfectly flawless, white, jailbroken 16GB 3g around June, let me know.

x2 wouldn't it be the same as last year. All previous iphone holders can get the goodie upgrade price??

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    These rumors are getting out of hand. I fully expect in a couple of weeks to hear about how the iPhone turns into a plane and shoot rockets. As for Apple and a possible new phone, I still think that Apple has it REALLY good with their upgradable FW that can add feature. They can skip releasing a phone this year by instead releasing an awesome FW (3.0) that adds TONS of new features. It extends the life of the current phone, minimizes complains of people who don't want to buy a phone only for it being obsolete months after and let's you push out even more units of a phone that's awesome. Then next summer once most 3G's are almost up for contract, release the new model.
    This is what I was talking about in another thread. It would be foolish for them to release a phone this year.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m-klass View Post
    What do you guys think our providers will do if were still tied in to the 18 month contract for the iphone 3g?

I would defo trade up my 3g for a new version after the dev team jailbreak
    They will probably have a price somewhere in between what retail "should" be and what a new 2 year contract price will be. Let's say the new unit will be 200 bucks with a 2 year contract. They will probably make it 300 bucks if you already have a contract and make you resign another 2 years from the point of the new purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^In all honestly, its the same thing every other company does....seriously. If they dont come out with new/better stuff and people dont buy it, their out of business.

Everyone does it.....Apple is emphasized for us because we're into it. We're on this site, we've got an iphone.

I have a blackberry also, Blackberry is coming out with several new/better phones this year alone.

Its simple company propaganda, no different from anybody else......aside from the fact that Apple seems to do it better
    I do believe the poster was reffering to things like apple purposely holding back on things like MMS for so long. yes newer phones do come out, but when a phone claims to be cutting edge, it generally is. let's take the razer for example. When that thing came out it had a high price, but it was also one of the thinnest phones with the nicest screen in its price-range. Apple claims they have the best, and they could, if they didn't hold things back. Nobody would be this excited about 3.0 if we had the basic features that it is now going to provide us to begin with. No company is better than Apple at not giving you what you SHOULD have had at the start until months/years later and then making you actually feel thankful for it. (referring to their phones here, don;t have enough experience with their other products to judge one way or the other).

Quote Originally Posted by cates044 View Post
    I bet a new iPhone is released.. Apple knows that by releasing a new iPhone that many of the 3G owners that are still tied to their contracts are going to run out and pay full price for the new one. It's just more money for them.
    That is not how it works. Apple gets the same amount of money for each unit sold, period. Contract phones are simply subsidized by ATT. In simple terms, this means Apple is still getting retail (lets say 600 for an 8gb 3G). You (the person signing the contract) pays Apple 200 bucks and the rest is covered by ATT in exchange for having you pay an expensive monthly contract. In the long run, Apple probably makes more on new contracts due to the cut they get of monthly bills, although I am not 100% sure of the figures there...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 03-24-2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

would like to hear more about the $99 netbook.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent revolt View Post
    welp this meen i will be seeling my iphone...and never buying another one. If apple is going to release an iphone a year that means they will intentionaly withhold capabilities that should/could be on a current modle to the following year. Instead of driving inovation they are again pilaging there cult like following. First they want to make jailbreak illegal now they want to hold your money hostage every summer. Futhermore, just because apple was first doesnt mean they will be best. Take a look at the Nvidea concept phone. I have been on this forum for like 2 years or somthing crazy, and i have seen alot of ups and downs in people moods but this is the first time i have noticed a zombiefication of you people. Dont blindly fall into another iphone crap shoot, look at the devices offerd by other companies that are comming at the same time as this new iphone and devices that will be comming out shortly.
    Why are you here?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm already being working on slide out keyboard mood for the iPhone and it work and look good you can't even tell the iphone has a keyboard with the new 3.0 SDK it help me to make it work. The only thing I can say is you will have a extra button on the side of the iPhone pop out the keyboard, and is not a apple mood or ideal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    This is what I was talking about in another thread. It would be foolish for them to release a phone this year.
    LOL - it would be foolish for them not to release one.

BGR is rarely wrong. the speculation on the keyboard is just that, and probably wrong but if he says he has been told a Mid June release then I would be very surprised if it didn't happen.
    Releasing a phone a year is what I'd expect from Apple - it doesn't mean you have to upgrade though!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I'll be ready for that upgrade in June. I'm gonna get something new if it kills me.lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone knowtheobscure's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    Man, I'm kinda thinking the DVR remote function is dumb...
    ?????? How can any added function that does not take away from anything else be dumb? You are getting something extra! Dont be mad you aint got cable.... I need an app like this for sure.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

* New iPhone will be faster and have a more seamless experience unmatched by any device (could be just talking about 3.0, but we think itís also a new iPhone)
    * AT&T is said to be working with Apple to create a unified product with an unparalleled experience across all their products and services.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is going to be faster. Will help you get nowhere fast. With new faster dropping calls you can't even imagine how many people you can annoy, and how much time you can waste. Cell tower switching will become seamless, all you have to do is wait 10 minutes for the phone to figure out WTF is going on. Unparalleled dropped calls, Unparalleled ****** reception, your experience will be unmatched by any other device, or any other service. Less bars in less places, all while displaying full reception. Oh yeah... and you still have to pay $30 a month for this wonderful "service", and maybe extra for tethering even though its not a service and you already pay for "Unlimited" internet.

I swear... with how ****** AT&T is sometimes I want to sell my iPhone and get a old candy bar Nokia, and go to T-Mobile, or some other phone and go to Sprint. It seems like everyone I know who has those services gets better reception, faster internet, and better connectivity.

Thanks

If you don't like it use someone else - get a N*kia and quit your whinging.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not whining. Just stating the obvious facts that no one wants to admit.

Thanks

You have a choice. If you don't like AT&T use someone else. It is not an iPhone problem, it works flawlesly on T-Mobile in the UK for me.