Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upcoming iPhone to Get Video Recording, More Mega Pixels and Multi-Core Processors

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Why are so many people saying these kind of statements about jailbreaking since the announcement of 3.0 and the rumor mill about the possible new hardware? Like most have stated, the ability to theme alone is enough to jailbreak but not to mention the hundreds, maybe thousands of really good/useful apps that apple turns down for their App Store. People love to tinker with things to tweak them in to being better that originally designed, that is one of the basic forms of human nature. The curiousity alone makes jailbreaking attractive.

I am like thousands of 2G users on ATT right now. I am torn between getting a new 3G or waiting to see what, if any, new hardware will be released. I have been trying to get SwirlyMMS to work for days now with no luck. This feature alone is making me want to upgrade regardless if it is a 3G or this new rumored hardware. Good business by apple, sucks for the consumer especially when your wife is giving you grief for even mentioning getting a new iPhone But a guy's gotta do what he gotta do!! Hurry up June/July!!

Edit: Not saying the guy I quoted was saying that about jailbreaking, but I have read tons of other posts in other forums saying that jailbreaking will be pointless after all the new updates are released. Just wanted to clear that up!!
    exactly, there's plenty other useful apps given by jailbeaking still. cycoder, sbs settings, boss prefs, dtunes, having full access to the iphone directories (usb storage), openssh, mxtube, dtunes, mcleaner, intelliscreen, **** i could go on and on. none of those things apple allow. until they give me all of those things, im gonna always jailbreak my phone.

ughh. i wish june was next month so we can all see what happens!!

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    that is what is revolutionary about the iPhone - firmware updates that provide new features that, with any other manufacturer, would require a newer updated handset.

this is exactly what warrants the high price tag of the iphone.
    Agree 100%. Companies like LG seem to release a new phone every other week. I would rather have a new phone once a year with a few firmware upgrades during that year.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I never liked the iphone 3G because of the black and white plastic backs. Thats why i own a 1st generation. It has that Macbook Pro and Powerbook familiar aluminum feel.
    Thats a strange reason not to like a phone. I put a hard case on mine anyways so I could care less what its made of. What if the next phone has all kinds of hardware upgrades but still sports a plastic back? You would still stay with the first gen and miss out on all the benefits because of a plastic back?

im using a BB Bold for the time being. I miss my iphone but the BOLD has push email. i do miss the Safari browser. If a new iphone rolls out ill be sure to buy one !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tearsanddreams View Post
    im using a BB Bold for the time being. I miss my iphone but the BOLD has push email. i do miss the Safari browser. If a new iphone rolls out ill be sure to buy one !!
    that sure is one thing the bold has over the iPhone - push email.

i cant wait for the day that push email comes to the iPhone . . . .

if i ever moved from the iPhone to anything, the one thing i would not miss would be the crappy, crashy safari browser.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    that sure is one thing the bold has over the iPhone - push email.
    You are kidding, right?

Push email works fine on the iPhone with Exchange - a darn site cheaper and easier than BIS!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You are kidding, right?

Push email works fine on the iPhone with Exchange - a darn site cheaper and easier than BIS!
    dude, please. i know. it was sarcasm. the guys reason for moving to blackberry was push email ... go figure
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Just re-read your post.
    never being sarcastic myself I didn't recognise it. Sorry.

PS - I never understand itr when people believe anything I say
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I know these are only rumors but they really know how to get the wheel turning. :-)

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I just hope that the new iPhone looks nothing like the back of the one in the pic above!
    So what if it has a better camera and can do video, there are loads of phones on the market that can do that now. Trust Apple to make a huge show off features that have already been on phones for the past 6 years!
    If you read the comments section of this appleinsider article, there is talk of possible 720p HD recording similar to the fip

Source: Apple's next-gen iPhone has video camera - AppleInsider

MULTICORE?! Awesome! Maybe background capable apps coming soon... Backgrounder is more useful before that! WOOT!

Except 3.0 does not support background applications....

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Except 3.0 does not support background applications....
    Doesn't mean there won't be a 3.1 or higher beofore the rumored next gen iphone is released. I know... it's a long shot... very
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Apple ruled out background apps due to battery life - and a multi core battery would, I assume, drain the battery even quicker.
    Let's hope the next gen iPhone has a much more powerful battery!

Please put a camera in the front too for video iChat. It will revolutionize the way we talk on the phone in America (since the rest of the world already has this.)

Having had video calling since 2003 I have used it twice - it really isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Dear apple:
    Please please please don't forget a 4X battery, even if you have to let the phone on the same width

Do it and i will luv you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    There just way too many rumors out there...
    I'm sure all of these critical features would suck up the
    battery too, would it? Let's just hope there will be more news
    about a more powerful bsttery.
    Yes a better battery in my opinion would be good. Even a removable would be better so we could keep a spare or two handy.

Quote Originally Posted by aboudiiiiii View Post
    If over 90% of the rumors leaked are true, we prob. won't even need jailbreak anymore
    Not all the rumors are going to be true by no means and people will still jailbreak for customizing the looks and there still will be apps that the iPhone or appstore will not have.

Quote Originally Posted by greenleaf187 View Post
    does the rumor say anything about the release date?
    If it falls in line with last year the firmware will be released when the new phone comes out but lets hope for a little sooner
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Sweat. Looking forward to learning more about this. Nice site!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast