+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 113

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Upcoming iPhone to Get Video Recording, More Mega Pixels and Multi-Core Processors

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by XChrisX Honestly, I'm completely satisfied with my phone now and even more so once 3.0 gets released. However, I'd love to be able to leave Pandora running
...
  1. #41
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by XChrisX View Post
    Honestly, I'm completely satisfied with my phone now and even more so once 3.0 gets released. However, I'd love to be able to leave Pandora running while I surf the web. If a new phone is released, I'm sure I'll get that one too, granted I don't have to pay $600 or anything ridiculous just because I signed a 2 year contract with the 3g. I hate upgrading my phone so often but apple makes it so hard not to with each phone upgrade haha.
    Apple is a beast. They know what to say that will turn you on. MAN I FEEL LIKE SCREAMING.

  2. #42
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Read my post above about how the 3rd gen iPhone has been in development for over 2 years.
    Yes they have...with hardware previous to the stuff people are talking about here.

  3. #43
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    The 3g iphone wasnt starting to be developed 6 months after the 2g was released. they didnt release the 2g, wait 6 months then suddenly think - hey, lets try using the 3g data speeds?!

    thats crazy.

    im sure they where working on the 3g while the 2g was nearing completion, and im sure they have been working on the one that is going to drop in the summer before the 3g was released.

    to me, a price drop on the 3g shortly = new iphone.

    no price drop = new tablet mac / netbook.

    as a fanboy, ill only setlle for a price drop on the 3g, then an announcement for a new iphone + a netbook + a tablet.

    we can dream though cant we?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  4. #44
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Yes they have...with hardware previous to the stuff people are talking about here.
    Upgraded camera with flash is possible but the idea of multi processors in a phone is just OTT. Yeh some people are asking for waaaay toooo much here. Multi processors, cmon get real as though Apple would put that in. Even if they thought about it, they'd probably upgrade the processor in the 4th gen iPhone. I think more RAM may be put in.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  5. #45
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    561
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts

    ...did you say Multi-Tasking forum users?

    Cydia -> Backgrounder.

    Am i the only one here who has heard of this damn awesome Mod?
    I've had absolutely no problems with this app.
    Sure, some crashes, but nothing major.

    Battery life is drained SLIGHTLY faster, but otherwise, it's fine.

    Video Recorder: VideoRecorder3G
    "4MP" camer: ClearCam
    Multi-Tasking: Backgrounder

    Jailbreak: 2,304,302
    Apple: 0.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

  6. #46
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    LOL at the stans getting all hyped for this new phone. Unlike fanboys Ya have to act smarter with your money even if it is your parents money. Apple is known to have everyone upgrading that's their buisness, they'll comeout with something like no video recording just to add it as a new feature for future products. It's kinda dumb for anyone who falls for the first of anything apple comes out with.

  7. #47
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pizzahugger View Post
    AppleInsider | iPhone 3.0 listings show four all-new iPhone, iPod touch models

    Pretty Interesting Stuff! I wonder what July will bring!


    explain?
    There is really no explanation needed. If everything in the 3.0 firmware comes to fruition the only reason left to jailbreak (unless you want to pirate apps, which is another story) is for the themes. They are giving us MMS, copy/paste, tethering, bluetooth A2DP, etc. These features are alot of the reason many people jailbreak functionality-wise.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  8. #48
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,686
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

    ^Ahhh yes....but I would jailbreak for Themes alone

  9. #49
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Ahhh yes....but I would jailbreak for Themes alone
    +1 I am in it for the themeing as well. MMS, Copy/Paste, Bluetooth are all things I don't really care for. I have to have the eye candy.

  10. #50
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    260
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    hope the new model adds more RAM. 128mb is nowhere enough

  11. #51
    iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    Its a slow start to what customers want.Remember that most people with Iphones dont ,can't or are not bothered to hack the phone so the extra features that come standard like video record would be good.
    Should have an insertable battery though.
    My signiture? Whats that...............

  12. #52
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    what's the point? ATT will just render everything useless anyway, not including apple's blue-balling.
    Paolo
    iPhone 8GB JB 2.2.1 on T-Mobile BIS

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    iphone third generation will have only a better memory and a better camera no video recording no nothing its not in apple style we will have to wait another generation for anything else

  14. #54
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX.
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Steve Jobs did say in an interview when the 1st gen iPhone was just released that they(Apple) are working on a new iPhone(turned out to be iPhone 3G obviously) and another one after that. So basically they've been working on the 3rd gen for over two years now.
    Well there wasn't much of a hardware difference between the iPhone and iPhone 3G anyway.
    But I think when Steve said that it was more or less in reference to the people not buying the current first gen at the time because they were waiting for a second gen which is now the 3g. He went on to say that if you don't buy it now because you're waiting on what's next you'll never own anything because we're working on the next phone, and the one after that, and the one after that. Don't necessarily think that means they were literally working on it, however we do know it to be true because we now have the 3g. Just wondering if it will be at all profitable for apple to release a new phone every year. Also I remember seeing on engadget a while back where apple was getting some sort of solar power for portable screens patented or something to that effect so this could possibly be the new lg screens. Sorry for the rant but the point is that no matter when it comes a new phone will always be in the works.

  15. #55
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,308
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 926 Times in 837 Posts

    Of course a new iPhone is always being worked on, no phone is ever perfect (although the iPhone comes close).
    One release a year is what i would expect to keep repeat sales and attract new users.
    I might be wrong but I would be surprised if we don't see a new release about the end of June. I'm also sure it won't contain everything on people's wish lists!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  16. #56
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    To me if apple could pull out the following, it would make a CRAZY FAST, SWEET, AND A FAST SELLER phone. If they could complete my wish list i would be sold on getting one.

    More RAM (at least 256 MB but 512 would be SWEET), faster internet, multi core cpu, multi core gpu, better camera and wireless n

  17. #57
    iPhoneaholic ninthchamber99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    There is really no explanation needed. If everything in the 3.0 firmware comes to fruition the only reason left to jailbreak (unless you want to pirate apps, which is another story) is for the themes. They are giving us MMS, copy/paste, tethering, bluetooth A2DP, etc. These features are alot of the reason many people jailbreak functionality-wise.
    Why are so many people saying these kind of statements about jailbreaking since the announcement of 3.0 and the rumor mill about the possible new hardware? Like most have stated, the ability to theme alone is enough to jailbreak but not to mention the hundreds, maybe thousands of really good/useful apps that apple turns down for their App Store. People love to tinker with things to tweak them in to being better that originally designed, that is one of the basic forms of human nature. The curiousity alone makes jailbreaking attractive.

    I am like thousands of 2G users on ATT right now. I am torn between getting a new 3G or waiting to see what, if any, new hardware will be released. I have been trying to get SwirlyMMS to work for days now with no luck. This feature alone is making me want to upgrade regardless if it is a 3G or this new rumored hardware. Good business by apple, sucks for the consumer especially when your wife is giving you grief for even mentioning getting a new iPhone But a guy's gotta do what he gotta do!! Hurry up June/July!!

    Edit: Not saying the guy I quoted was saying that about jailbreaking, but I have read tons of other posts in other forums saying that jailbreaking will be pointless after all the new updates are released. Just wanted to clear that up!!
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 03-22-2009 at 08:32 AM.

  18. #58
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Waiting one whole year for a phone is really long in the mobile market, Nokia and Samsung etc, releases quite a lot of phones per year.

    I'm using a 2G iPhone and I'm waiting for the 3rd gen but I think all the features that Apple left out for the 2G users such as MMS, Bluetooth support and others will be made available to us by a jailbreak hack. Someone is bound to do it.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  19. #59
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Waiting one whole year for a phone is really long in the mobile market, Nokia and Samsung etc, releases quite a lot of phones per year.
    that is what is revolutionary about the iPhone - firmware updates that provide new features that, with any other manufacturer, would require a newer updated handset.

    this is exactly what warrants the high price tag of the iphone.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  20. #60
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    I never liked the iphone 3G because of the black and white plastic backs. Thats why i own a 1st generation. It has that Macbook Pro and Powerbook familiar aluminum feel.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts