+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upcoming iPhone to Get Video Recording, More Mega Pixels and Multi-Core Processors

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
All this new hardware... I think it will need a bigger battery...
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All this new hardware... I think it will need a bigger battery...

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I the only one NOT expecting a new iPhone this summer? All these rumors are pretty baseless and most of the "hardware" that is being said to be in the new phone has just released/introduced to the public/press. I don't know how Apple does things but hardware revisions are not a simple thing that you get done in a couple of months. The 3G started development just as the year began around 6 months after the 2G was released. If all these "rumors" are true then Apple has one hell of development team to get new hardware and have it set on a phone in less than 6 months.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

confucious (03-21-2009), jwcrash (03-21-2009)

Thanks

This is just repeats of rumours and speculation that has been floating around in this and other forums for a while.
    Nothing new here.
    The lack of video APIs in FW3.0 would suggest that video is not on the agenda.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

front facing camera and im happy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Am I the only one NOT expecting a new iPhone this summer?
    Yes

Do you think Apple would miss out on giving all the people who got the original iPhone on a 2 year contract something to upgrade too?
    Not sure what it will have - a better camera? more storage (removable?) front facing camera? OLED screen?

All rumours but I'm sure they will release something - probably at the same time they release FW 3.0
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Am I the only one NOT expecting a new iPhone this summer?
    Nope - you're hardly alone. But people LOVE to speculate...and that's all that's going on here.

Bottom line: Not a solid fact in sight.

PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i want Flash and Autofocus camera. That would be nice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 4 New Devices Found in 3.0
    AppleInsider | iPhone 3.0 listings show four all-new iPhone, iPod touch models

Pretty Interesting Stuff! I wonder what July will bring!

Quote Originally Posted by aboudiiiiii View Post
    If over 90% of the rumors leaked are true, we prob. won't even need jailbreak anymore
    explain?
    Last edited by pizzahugger; 03-21-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Honestly, I'm completely satisfied with my phone now and even more so once 3.0 gets released. However, I'd love to be able to leave Pandora running while I surf the web. If a new phone is released, I'm sure I'll get that one too, granted I don't have to pay $600 or anything ridiculous just because I signed a 2 year contract with the 3g. I hate upgrading my phone so often but apple makes it so hard not to with each phone upgrade haha.
    Last edited by XChrisX; 03-21-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nave3d View Post
    yessssss
    doubt its true though...
    I was thinking the same thing... but then look what we get in 3.0 This may be the year that all our dreams come true. I think it has something to do with the storm being released
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    This is just repeats of rumours and speculation that has been floating around in this and other forums for a while.
    Nothing new here.
    The lack of video APIs in FW3.0 would suggest that video is not on the agenda.
    I'm fairly sure your theory on the API's is wrong as the dev 3.0 firmware has a ton of features that aren't yet implemented into it but are confirmed to be coming... Someone feel free to correct this if you know I'm wrong.
    Respect your elders.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would they create a new phone for the 1st generation users to move up to? They already have one...the 2nd gen. I could see them releasing one next year for the 2nd gen users to upgrade to.

They probably already have 2 or 3 versions they are working on for future releases anyways.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    I'm fairly sure your theory on the API's is wrong as the dev 3.0 firmware has a ton of features that aren't yet implemented into it but are confirmed to be coming... Someone feel free to correct this if you know I'm wrong.
    Yeh Apple said over 100 new features and they've only showed and implemented about 10 or so in the 3.0 beta.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Why would they create a new phone for the 1st generation users to move up to? They already have one...the 2nd gen. I could see them releasing one next year for the 2nd gen users to upgrade to.

They probably already have 2 or 3 versions they are working on for future releases anyways.
    Because the contract for many 1st gen users who never upgraded to the 3G version finishes around or before the new iPhone comes out. Well it depends when you got the iPhone obviously. So when their contract finishes they go out and buy the 3rd gen iPhone.
    Why would 1st gen users upgrade to the 3G version when shops are trying to get rid of the iPhone 3G's before July??? They'd rather upgrade to the 3rd gen.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 03-21-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it june yet?!?!? I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE!!!
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

Am I the only one NOT expecting a new iPhone this summer? All these rumors are pretty baseless and most of the "hardware" that is being said to be in the new phone has just released/introduced to the public/press. I don't know how Apple does things but hardware revisions are not a simple thing that you get done in a couple of months. The 3G started development just as the year began around 6 months after the 2G was released. If all these "rumors" are true then Apple has one hell of development team to get new hardware and have it set on a phone in less than 6 months.
    Steve Jobs did say in an interview when the 1st gen iPhone was just released that they(Apple) are working on a new iPhone(turned out to be iPhone 3G obviously) and another one after that. So basically they've been working on the 3rd gen for over two years now.
    Well there wasn't much of a hardware difference between the iPhone and iPhone 3G anyway.

Microsoft are going to also try and comepte against Apple with their new Windows Mobile, I think they've messed the UI up on the new upcoming WinMo, the beehive look is just....weird.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 03-21-2009 at 05:43 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifonemaniac View Post
    why is being first such a big deal haha
    I know, its really ******* sad tbh...

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Yeh Apple said over 100 new features and they've only showed and implemented about 10 or so in the 3.0 beta.

Because the contract for many 1st gen users who never upgraded to the 3G version finishes around or before the new iPhone comes out. Well it depends when you got the iPhone obviously. So when their contract finishes they go out and buy the 3rd gen iPhone.
    Why would 1st gen users upgrade to the 3G version when shops are trying to get rid of the iPhone 3G's before July??? They'd rather upgrade to the 3rd gen.
    Why would shops be trying to ditch the 2nd Gen when all this talk about a new phone this year is pure speculation? I really would like to see a new phone dropped, but then they would have to drop one again next year...then the year after...then the year after. It would make more sense to release it when the 2nd Gen contracts expire.

I am on a month to month right now using the 2nd Gen and I don't see me renewing a 2 year deal on this phone.

I don't see them having enough time to slap the new hardware together and have a functional product before a release in July.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Why would shops be trying to ditch the 2nd Gen when all this talk about a new phone this year is pure speculation? I really would like to see a new phone dropped, but then they would have to drop one again next year...then the year after...then the year after. It would make more sense to release it when the 2nd Gen contracts expire.

I am on a month to month right now using the 2nd Gen and I don't see me renewing a 2 year deal on this phone.

I don't see them having enough time to slap the new hardware together and have a functional product before a release in July.
    Read my post above about how the 3rd gen iPhone has been in development for over 2 years.

iPhone 4 August 28th

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think they do it to keep people on contracts the whole time.
    Last edited by carlos.michell; 03-21-2009 at 06:55 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope this new iphone can be jailbroken if not ital jus be Junk like the 2g ipod was for awile :P On another note if this thing did have a multi core GPU i would buy one jus to have it because it would run like an iphone should.